NEurope
MoogleViper

How often do you wash your hands?

Inspired by the annoying things thread.

Well research suggests that people wash their hands far less often than they admit.

Even Doctor's don't always wash their hands. The Cedars-Sina Medical Centre in LA, a world class hospital, tried to improve their hand-hygiene rate of 65%.

In an Australian children's hospital doctors reported their own hand washing rate of 75%. However they didn't know that the nurses were secretly watching them who reported their hand washing rate at 9%.

So will you be common statistic and say that you regularly wash your hands? Or will you confess that your hands are a glorious haven for bacteria?

I'll be the first to admit it. I hardly ever wash my hands. I only really wash them after I've had a crap and when handling chicken and pork. And if my hands are ever particularly dirty (if they have visible dirt or something on them etc.).

What about you guys?

I wash mine, but really what's the point with all the skanks who don't going round touching everything!

So yeah i do, but i might aswell not bother!

I always wash my hands with water and soap after ANYTHING in a public toilet, even blowing my nose.

At home I wash my hands with just hot water when I pee.

I dunno why.

I also always wash my hands when I've come in from outside, I just feel... urgh.

Even if it's just going downstairs to the reset the router.

And of course whenever handling chicken, etc.

Also, I try to wash a good few layers of skin off my hands whenever I've been near ReZ; because he's a grubby little bastard.

I only wash mine after the toilet. Never really seen much need to aside from that apart from the obvious things like actually getting your hands dirty for whatever reason.

Mcoy will wash his hands after using the restroom, before and after handling food and anything else that may make them feel dirty.

I wash my hands -a lot- haha. Maybe even too much.

I wash them

• in the morning and evening before touching my contacts.
  • after going to the toilet (always, never skip).
  • before eating anything.
  • after eating something.
  • after putting dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
  • before emptying the dishwasher.
  • when I've been outside.
  • after I've petted the dog/cats.
  • after I've been painting/drawing/making earrings.

I'm probably missing stuff. But yeah, I wash them a lot, always with soap too. Just can't stand my hands "feeling" dirty I guess.

I NEVER wash my hands in a public place (pubs, shops, etc) using their taps or soaps purely because there have been quite a few places that are just absolutely disgusting (I'm talking puddles of piss, shit up the cubicles...that kind of thing) and it always puts me off. I always take out and use hand sanitiser whenever I go out without fail. As I said in the annoyance thread, nobody even knows I have it in my pocket.

I've always hated seeing blokes never washing their hands after having a piss and yet wiping their hands on their jacket. Then when I see them outside, they're holding a pint glass, hugging their kids or missus, eating, etc. and it really makes me shiver.

Oh you do know pissing in a cubicle gives you a lot of splash-back right? They once did a test here to see how much splashes back, and it's kinda disgusting. =P

There were less spots if the guys got to aim at something (like those fly stickers they sometimes use), but even then there was piss on them. Eww.

Yeah, I've been somewhat dirt-a-phobic, meaning I whased my hand A LOT. Even to the point where they dried out regularly. I've become less fanatic, though I still wash my hands whenever I feel they're dirty.

I have an OCD when it comes to (washing up water). It scares the fuck out of me. Whenever I do the (washing up) I immediately have to run upstairs and wash my hands and arms (properly/thoroughly) with the soap in the upstairs toilet.

Othertimes - I sometimes wash my hands when I go for a shit, but it depends how much I got on my hands.

I have an OCD when it comes to (washing up water). It scares the fuck out of me. Whenever I do the (washing up) I immediately have to run upstairs and wash my hands and arms (properly/thoroughly) with the soap in the upstairs toilet.

I'm exactly the same. Washing up water feels dirty, and i hate it. My hands feel horrible after.

Like....I can't even wipe them a bit before going, because there might be a patch of washing up water that might evaporate/absorb into my skin between there and the upstairs toilet. Bad stuff bro.

Man this getting sad-bro.

I'm building my immune system up to become strong and powerful so I let them germs run wild.

I also only wash my hands with cold water, it just refreshes my hands and makes them feel cleaner.

Othertimes - I sometimes wash my hands when I go for a shit, but it depends how much I got on my hands.

This ... this is a joke, right? Please tell me it's a joke.

I hope it is too...

Your questioning whether Rez is making a joke? It's Rez!

... course it's not a joke! :p

I wash my hands everytime I go to the toilet. Obviously if it's just a quick pee I take less "care" with it, as in use less soap or spend less time making sure I "washed properly", but ya.

I should wash them more as my nails are often dirty. :/

I never wash the dishes or handle chicken. I wash them when I put my contacts in. I wash them when I go to public toilets. Hardly ever at home.

Wash them when I "make a toilet". I also wash them at work a lot, since I handle chemicals sometimes.

I don't like people who don't wash their hands after using the ol' porcelain throne, even if it's "just peeing". Ugh.

That said, I don't get ill often, so I guess it's all harmless.

I wash my hands quite a lot..

There are the obvious instances such as after going to the bathroom or after handling raw meat but there are also occurences that a lot of people maybe don't. For instance, does anyone else wash their hands before playing games? I hate any sort of clammy feeling when holding a game controller so I like my hands to be fresh going in! I'll often have to wash my hands a few times when I'm playing games with my friends..

I also wash my hands quite a lot in at work, too. When working with all the stock in at work and any carboard boxes and packaging, I find that it doesn't take long before your hands start looking dirty or, at the very least, feeling dirty. I don't like my hands feeling in any way dirty or greasy or whatever..

Most days when I get home, I also like to give them a quick wash with soap. This may be more to do with habit than necessity but, still.. it happens :heh:

So wait when you people say "wash" do you mean you use soap or just water? 'Cause if it's just water then you're rinsing your hands, not washing them in my opinion. =P

As for toilet visits, I think you should always wash them, even if all you did was pee. You were holding your man part; do you really want to go around touching other things/people after that, or even shaking someone's hand? D:

I hope it is too...

Well you guys couldn't have thought it was chocolate spread all this time?.....

So wait when you people say "wash" do you mean you use soap or just water?

Soap and water.. generally the Palmolive Aquarium handwash because it looks cool :heh:

88600655.jpg

Edited by nekunando