NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokémafia 9 : Red and Blue

Wouldn't it be a little silly to come out as an investigator this early?

[..]

Well, I think it's a townie mistake, and I was thinking to myself he signed his own deathwarrant (or perhaps you did, when you brought it to attention :rolleyes:).

But your'r right the write-up says something about a Pokémon looking up, and finding his body floating in the water (? does this Pokémon reside in the water?).

The powerful golden fish squirted a nearby forraging Pokemon, who quickly took to the treetops in search of someone.

Doesn't look like anyone did.

Oh I see where you're talking about... finding a dead body isn't really anything though is it? I put that part down to flavour text

And really, what does "Inheritance Revival Egg" really tell us? It's not big info, just a useful little titbit that we can all use. And you seem to have a problem with me coming out with that.

I don't have a problem with anything. I was just commenting on the suspicious nature of your power.

I don't buy "If I was mafia I would have done this" excuses so those mean nothing to me.

You say I'm overly aggressive, I say you're overly defensive.

He's definitely not over-defensive. He's defending himself as he should really, and his defense of "I would have done this" is just as good as your accusation that Rez would have done something else.

We should kinda focus on Zell though, since we actually have something on him. I think he is mafia but I'll admit there is no proof yet.

I'm throwing out possibilities. Unlike you who has just commented on the general direction of the conversation, and then given a vague comment to focus attention on Zell but then going back and saying there's no reason to.

Of the few who have yet to post, only Dyson may have something useful to say.

As for Zell.. hero, you'll admit there's no proof, and that's the problem. This is only day 2, so we can't pressure him for any more info. So we can only let him be, or lynch him based on a hunch. Since there is generally a roleblocker on either side, and no other townie roleblocker has come forward, I'm going to assume Zell is town.

Seriously, there's nothing suspicious about what I've done.

I'm being attacked for coming out with something that is potentially useful.

In the future if I have anything to say I'll keep it to myself in case it annoys Diageo.

Yes, I may have brought attention upon myself. Maybe it's not the best thing to do but nothing was going on at the time, I wanted some discussion. Nothing will happen unless you take risks.

I'm not saying he's definitely evil. I have no evidence for that. But the way he's acting is suspcious.

This is Diageo who on the first day before anything happened said "don't necessarily trust what investigators have to say." Then, when there is suspicion on Zell, he casually tries to deflect attention off of Zell onto me just because i've said something and was willing to share it. There's something fishy.

But anyway. This is not important for now. Let's try to work out what is going on with this Zell malarkey, and there are still people who haven't spoke. We've got til tomorrow night, so plenty of time.

That's twice you've claimed I am annoyed by your information when I have said nothing of the sort.

I want to know why Zell missed, and does that mean the roleblock didn't work?

Well here is the evidence so far:

1. His move sounded pretty violent and the yellow pokemon avoided it. That doesn't sound like a roleblock. Dyson will have to tell us if he has some sort of roleblock-avoiding ability, but until then it sounds like a move with a percentage chance of hitting, which is likely to be more than a simple roleblock.

2. He never commented on the fact that he was fleeing, which is mildly suspicious. Then when it was pointed out he said he was fleeing because he missed the yellow pokemon. Then when it was pointed out he was fleeing before the attack he put it down to flavour. Just seems like he was hiding something.

3. Usually you'd get more people questioning than defending if he was town.

I would lynch for this but yeah it isn't proven, just likely(imo).

I've gotta say, mr-paul's last few posts convince me a lot more than Diageo's ones. Coming out very early with the whole 'don't trust investigators' thing is also rather unnecessary, and seems a bit like a guilty conscience to me.

mr-paul and Herojan make good points, except I don't think we can get enough people to vote at this point ::shrug:

Still, Vote: Zell

I think I'd rather take a risk and take it to night for powers to be used(though he is a bit fishy). Do we risk lynching a townie this early on, considering another will go in the night?

Neither Dyson or Zell are saying anything, I think if this is indicative of their future participation in this game then we can take the risk.

Vote: Zell

Surely early on is the best time for a risk?

Why? How is any time a good time for a risk? The numbers are absolute, town and mafia, if we lose any town then they're lost forever, regardless of when. To keep them and their powers as long as we can is surely better than to lose them? Kept town will benefit us for both powers and more voting power vs mafia, kept mafia will not disadvantage us as much as losing town? Bearing in mind the odds are in favour of accidentally lynching town? It IS always of advantage to lynch mafia, but they will play on our very lynchings in addition to their killings to get the town.

I think you're being too hasty and keen to get someone voted off Diageo.

I tend to concur.

Why? How is any time a good time for a risk? The numbers are absolute, town and mafia, if we lose any town then they're lost forever, regardless of when.

So we lose a power that is more likely to block a townie than a mafia.

I don't think there's not enough to go on anyone. I'm sure some investigator will target Zell tonight and if he's mafia we will know.

I don't think there's not enough to go on anyone. I'm sure some investigator will target Zell tonight and if he's mafia we will know.

...that's assuming that there is an investigator who can discover alignment, and that Zell is not the mafia member who appears good despite actually being evil.

Still, I do think some people are pushing a little too much. It will be worth noting the names of those voting for later - if Zell is evil they're most likely tonwies, but if Zell is good it's likely that at least 1 or 2 of them are evil.

Bearing in mind the odds are in favour of accidentally lynching town?

That would be true if we lynched blindly, but we do have some evidence which tips it in favour of him being mafia. Roleblockers are more likely to roleblock a townie than a mafia btw, as Cube said, but even then his power just didn't seem like a roleblock.

So we lose a power that is more likely to block a townie than a mafia.

Fair point, but can't roleblocking be useful for town eventually? Admittedly it does seem much handier in the hands of the mafia so I don't know. I'm not too worried myself about it anyway, I guess. It's not just a power we lose, either. I'm not saying he's definitely town, just that I don't feel we have enough to justify the lynching, yet.

I texted ReZ my target for last night but clearly he forgot/it didn't work.

So I'm assuming you're the greeny pokemon chillaxing in his hut and not stretching himself too far? Or is that completely not the case?