N-Europe

Bluey's going Reddy for Red Nose Day!!

bluey

Thank you for the kind donation, danny boy ^_^

or else you will die, obviously i'm not going to understand the reference, to me it just looked like you were attacking me - which really upset me and left me thinking you were just a mean-spirited fucktard.

i see now that you're not! :grin:

....but that being said, i'm reminded why i don't come here that often anymore - i feel like i'll be penalised if i don't spend every waking hour on here and know exactly who's said what in previous threads in order to understand all the countless in-jokes. I feel really unwelcome, and like i don't belong here at all.

i'll be honest - a lot of your comments really upset me today.

Jayseven, ramar, and anyone else who feels the same way: my sincere apologies for cluttering up your forum. i don't visit often because i don't have the spare time, what with work and other commitments...

the nono smiley is the only decent thing left about this stupid forum anyway, y'all know it's true. [/harsh]

Thank you for the kind donation, danny boy ^_^

or else you will die, obviously i'm not going to understand the reference, to me it just looked like you were attacking me - which really upset me and left me thinking you were just a mean-spirited fucktard.

i see now that you're not! :grin:

....but that being said, i'm reminded why i don't come here that often anymore - i feel like i'll be penalised if i don't spend every waking hour on here and know exactly who's said what in previous threads in order to understand all the countless in-jokes. I feel really unwelcome, and like i don't belong here at all.

i'll be honest - a lot of your comments really upset me today.

Jayseven, ramar, and anyone else who feels the same way: my sincere apologies for cluttering up your forum. i don't visit often because i don't have the spare time, what with work and other commitments...

the nono smiley is the only decent thing left about this stupid forum anyway, y'all know it's true. [/harsh]

Well, it's no secret that I think the tone on these forums is somewhat harsh at times, but I also firmly believe it rarely, if ever, stems from actual animosity. I believe it's a combination of loving banter and respectful, if somewhat brutal, honesty.

Well, it's no secret that I think the tone on these forums is somewhat harsh at times, but I also firmly believe it rarely, if ever, stems from actual animosity. I believe it's a combination of loving banter and respectful, if somewhat brutal, honesty.

Just like how I call Jim a manchild and generally just make fun of him, but I still love him. =P

I think it's just the way people act here. Not meant in an offensive way (though it can often come across that way). I think a lot of people just want you to post more, as you haven't really been around at all (and some people do genuinely miss your posts).

Let's be honest here: you can only be "penalised" if you feel the need to be the centre of attention. I missed about four months last year, and here I am, dropping snide comments into other people's threads again, like I never left!

But why be harsh, if you can be loving instead...?

it can easily become unpleasant without people even realising. Especially when you're not used to the tone.

not the kind of thing i'd want to make myself get used to just so i can hang out here...

it'd be like trying to get used to hanging out with someone you don't really like, and who happens to think that a friendly drop-kick to the stomach is an acceptable form of greeting. :blank:

i'ma go ahead and make the choice not to get used to this, and to go somewhere that makes me feel welcome instead.

....just one last time: :nono:

not the kind of thing i'd want to make myself get used to just so i can hang out here...

it'd be like trying to get used to hanging out with someone you don't really like, and who happens to think that a friendly drop-kick to the stomach is an acceptable form of greeting. :blank:

i'ma go ahead and make the choice not to get used to this, and to go somewhere that makes me feel welcome instead.

Well, the point is that the people in here really are great and likable beneath the surface, and I just think it'd be a shame to let the tone dishearten you from coming back. :)

Indeed...positivity, love and kindness is what I want to focus on as well...harsh humour just doesn't resonate with me.