N-Europe

Channel One is gone too

The Mad Monkey

Sky said they were shutting down Channel One last year, because it was too similar to Sky 3. Bravo was closed because it was too similar to Sky 1.

Still, buggers for shutting it down. They've also messed the channels up as well, with MTV finally realising that it isn't a music channel no more and moving down the list. Used to have Sky 1, 2 and 3 simultaniously next to each other. Now, they are mixed up with each being 10 or so channels apart. Living and the new channel "Atlantic" have filled the gaps of Sky 2 and 3.

Wasn't there a thread about this happening a month or two ago?

Edit: The "warning" was mentioned in this thread.

There was a thread about Bravo closing at new year, but no mention of how soon they were axing Channel One in it.

It's just a shit plan on Skys part, they reckon too many similar channels, then why not differentiate the channels somewhat instead of just killing them. I notice they didn't kill Living, which was basically the girls equivalent of Bravo, but they have moved some boys shows over there, making it a slightly less manly version of other channels they previously owned.

It's really all about the HD though, Living was the only non terrestrial HD channel, and they bought up the whole lot just to get it, and now we, the viewers are suffering because of it. I heard there was some sort of reciprocal agreement in place, that although Virgin channels may be cancelled that Sky would give Virgin customers extra channels, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Virgin made a stupid move, they were in a hard position before going against Sky, but they have in reality given away the only leverage they had.

The lesson here is "stop giving Rupert Murdoch money." He'll only use it to enslave us all. It's not his fault, it's just what he does.

That's why I went with Virgin Media for my TV, didn't realize they were going to sell out. It's shit though, killing channels and giving VM customers nothing in return.

That's why I went with Virgin Media for my TV, didn't realize they were going to sell out. It's shit though, killing channels and giving VM customers nothing in return.

Welcome to the world of Murdoch-run media.

At least the re-runs of Fresh Prince are on Sky Living Loves now. And much of Bravo is on CBS

Sky said they were shutting down Channel One last year, because it was too similar to Sky 3

HOW??? They're nothing alike! Sky 3 is full of crappy airport shows, diet shows and pets! The only thing they have in common is the cop shows. Channel One had My Wife and Kids, Fresh Prince, Star Trek (don't watch it but still), Sexcetera, Ninja Warrior and Most Shocking...in all fairness, Sky 3 should be the one that goes off-air.

HOW??? They're nothing alike! Sky 3 is full of crappy airport shows, diet shows and pets! The only thing they have in common is the cop shows. Channel One had My Wife and Kids, Fresh Prince, Star Trek (don't watch it but still), Sexcetera, Ninja Warrior and Most Shocking...in all fairness, Sky 3 should be the one that goes off-air.

Yeah, but this is Sky we are talking about. They bought all of Virgin TV, and shut them down. They lie to make us think what i said above, which is what they said.

I hate the idea of Sky being able to control what's on Freeview. Now it's got Sky Sports 1+2 on it as well, but they're not free. Goes against what Freeview's meant to be, in my opinion! When I first got Freeview it was brilliant... now (the closer analogue gets to switch-off), not so much.

Actully i did mention that they were closing both ch1 and bravo, I just werent sure when.

It does suck though, Sky shuts ch1 down cuz of the contracts it had e.g. star trek, buffy (was rumoured to show) Bones, etc, Ch1/v1 was becoming the leading channel i think and sky didn't like it, as they used to show premaired shows for TV and now v1/ch1 did.

It probably wont be long until livving goes off as well.

I hate the idea of Sky being able to control what's on Freeview. Now it's got Sky Sports 1+2 on it as well, but they're not free. Goes against what Freeview's meant to be, in my opinion! When I first got Freeview it was brilliant... now (the closer analogue gets to switch-off), not so much.

At least you've got the option though. Like...its better than not having the option surely.

Pretty sure Living is safe, they wouldn't be shunting Sky One shows like Bones on there otherwise. Like I said earlier, they only bought that for its HD channel so they'd have a monopoly on the non terrestrial HD channels.

Living has just been rebranded as "Sky Living"

Although it does suck, and I am in no way in favour of Sky having a monopoly on everything, I'm sure we will see most of the quality stuff that was on Bravo and Channel One moved over to the Sky channel that is the most similar. Bravo stuff will find its way onto Sky 3 and Channel One onto Sky 1, Living and maybe even Atlantic.

Actually, I've just had a thought, what actually is on Sky 2?

I liek the rearrangement of the channels, especially seeing if you have Sky HD, Sky 1 HD is now on 106. Though it does seem a bit weird with Sky 2 and 3 so far away.

I read somewhere actully that they plan on making more livving channels and putting stuff like star trek on there like... livving scifi, drama, action etc like they did with the movie channels.

Bit like CBS, they've got Action, Drama and Real Life.

Those who are looking for Fresh Prince, see one of my earlier posts in this here thread. Sky Living Loves is the channel.

Although it does suck, and I am in no way in favour of Sky having a monopoly on everything, I'm sure we will see most of the quality stuff that was on Bravo and Channel One moved over to the Sky channel that is the most similar. Bravo stuff will find its way onto Sky 3 and Channel One onto Sky 1 and Atlantic.

I liek the rearrangement of the channels, especially seeing if you have Sky HD, Sky 1 HD is now on 106. Though it does seem a bit weird with Sky 2 and 3 so far away.

Sky 2 was turning into a Sky1 +1 channel, now it changed back into something else. A second Sky1 channel, showing Futurama before 5pm. Sky 3, well it has been said all it ever shown was cheap airport programs and the occasional Road Wars et all.

Edited by Jimbob

Although it does suck, and I am in no way in favour of Sky having a monopoly on everything, I'm sure we will see most of the quality stuff that was on Bravo and Channel One moved over to the Sky channel that is the most similar. Bravo stuff will find its way onto Sky 3 and Channel One onto Sky 1, Living and maybe even Atlantic.

But us Freeview people are being arse-raped here.

Yeah, Freeview is definitely going downhill. First they got rid of Sky Sports News and replaced it with Sky3+1 and now they've lost Channel One, (being replaced with Challenge AFAIK). Thankfully I have Sky Player on my computer to watch all I miss out on Freeview.

Yeah, Freeview is definitely going downhill. First they got rid of Sky Sports News and replaced it with Sky3+1 and now they've lost Channel One, (being replaced with Challenge AFAIK). Thankfully I have Sky Player on my computer to watch all I miss out on Freeview.

Challenge might be alright because then I can see repeats of The Crystal Maze and Brucie's Price Is Right.