NEurope
Chuck

L.A. Noire

GAME are offering a mission too. Naked City DLC. Not too sure what's in it.

According to Rockstar (and a few others) LA Noire is so huge, it can barely fit onto 1 Blu-ray disk (PS3) and 3, yes 3 disks (X360). Probably due to the face mapping they used, which would explain the number of disks.

Throughout development, we created lots of great cases, the bulk of which were central to the main story of Cole Phelps and his rise through the ranks of the LAPD, alongside other cases that felt more like strong stand-alone episodes. This gave us a powerful main story, and left us with quality extra content that we wanted to put out as DLC, that would slot seamlessly into the existing game.

That sounds pretty awful.

Three disks?

How is that going to work with what appears to be a sandbox game?

Missions i guess will be on other disks, so perhaps the first is the whole of the map. Second and 3rd are mission disks,

Missions i guess will be on other disks, so perhaps the first is the whole of the map. Second and 3rd are mission disks,

So, you reckon it's going to need an install then.

That's OK I guess, no good for anyone without an HDD though.

Since the game is built around the concept of progressing through individual cases from desk to desk, players on Xbox will find disc-swapping is hassle-free. In fact, players will only need to swap discs twice at natural breaks between cases without interrupting the flow of the game

No installation, you just change disc.

No installation, you just change disc.

That solves it for me.

That solves it for me.

You make it sound like changing discs is a revelation....a mystery that needed solving

You make it sound like changing discs is a revelation....a mystery that needed solving

Well, they are wrapped up within a case.

Well, it would only be the second game i've ever played that needs to have a disk change 1/2 way through.

Well, it would only be the second game i've ever played that needs to have a disk change 1/2 way through.

pfff back in the Amiga days it was a regular occurence. Simon the Sorceror came on 9 disks! :bouncy:

pfff back in the Amiga days it was a regular occurence. Simon the Sorceror came on 9 disks! :bouncy:

I didn't have an Amiga.

I didn't have an Amiga.

you missed out! It's the system I was brought up on.

you missed out! It's the system I was brought up on.

I had one of them Grandstand systems, with Space Invaders (or what-ever it were called) upon it.

That's nothing. We had to go through this

Try sitting through this for 5 minutes every time you wanted to play a game. And then it sometimes didn't work.

That's nothing. We had to go through this

Try sitting through this for 5 minutes every time you wanted to play a game. And then it sometimes didn't work.

Yeah that's true remember many a hour sat waiting for Dizzy games to load!

I'm avoiding the reviews, in the case a copy arrives this week. Don't want things spoiled if that is the case.

Well read reviews (largely seem to be spoiler free) and this game sounds awesome. I'm going to hold off till September to pick it up due to huge workload and then being away July through August. But just wow cannot wait to buy and play it.

I finished Red Dead Redemption the other day, now I'm super-hyped for this.

As a heads-up, HMV are giving away a copy of LA Confidential on Blu-Ray (plus an extra case to solve, I think) when you preorder this.

Seriously? damn i'm off to HMV at the white rose then today!

Had this on pre-order since the start of March, GAME started releasing orders yesterday.

EDIT: Looks like my copy was dispatched this morning, which is a surprise...Might get it early then ^__^

Edited by martinist