N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 17: 1, 2, you know what to do.

Haden

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it worth keeping a 20-5 keeper who is most likely just above 5 in skill?(I think he had 11-12 in dev value the last two seasons) My main keeper is 36 and he can retire any season now(and is impossible to train, he has 4 in dev value after 7 matches). Buying a new keeper can very expensive and buying an 18 or 19 year old is something I want to avoid. It makes it difficult to train all my younger defenders.

Week 4

AustinRock.jpg

4-2 Bru will be in the title race this season!

And its over Wanderers is the champ!

"Lets just go ahead and take Brusling out of the equation, bam hes a non factor. The fact is Dyson you got the title and I want it"

"Bru I have been waiting this season your bald headed double studded candy ass team belongs to us"

Silverdale Hotpot 2-2 Edd Kirby Athletic

Silverdale nearly became the first side to beat Athletic until they staged a 2nd half comeback. Silverdale looked to dominate midfield with a 3-5-2 formation against a balanced 4-4-2 Kirby side. The two promoted sides have had vastly different fortunes in the league so far. However it looked good for Silverdale early on, early pressure caused an Athletic own goal after 2 minutes. Just before half time Hardings crossed it in for Webster to head in, at this point Silverdale were 2-0 up and had made 6 chances to just 2 for Athletic. Who knows what the Athletic boss said to his team in the break but they seemed determined not to go home losers. In the 2nd half Athletic had 5 chances against 1 for Silverdale, Tonser curled home a free kick for his first goal of the season to make it 2-1. Brailey carried on his impressive season with an assist to McKenna who smashed home a long range shot. Silverdale were on the ropes and Athletic seemed the more likely to win the game. Caskey was badly injured for Silverdale with minutes to go a big blow for Silverdale. In the end it was a draw and Silverdale may be thankful for that, Athletic looked like they could have won it but will be pleased to keep their unbeaten record alive.

Bayern Bru 4-2 Roostophe Rovers

Bayern Bru secured an impressive and important win against Rovers. Bru played a 3-4-3 formation against Rovers 4-4-2, the first half vindicated Brus aggressive approach. MacCalman lofted in a great cross that Testini headed into the back of the net for the first goal. Lindpere hit in a direct free kick as Bru piled on the pressure, minutes later Dahlin fed Helder a ball that he smacked into the bottom right hand corner to make it 3-0 before half time. Rovers came out fired up in the 2nd half and made numerous chances, Mazzoleni curled in a nice long shot to make it 3-1. However with 15 minutes left Helder scored his 2nd, a well timed volley and killed the game off. With moments left new midfielder Su Yu set Haspolatli free to score a consolation goal for the visitors. For Bru this was a truimph of style and aggressive play that shows their potential to be champions this season. For Rovers it was a set back but some young players made their mark.

Battlestar Odwinica 1-0 Mcoys Sons

Odwinica poured more misery onto the Sons with a 1-0 victory at home. Odwinica played a 4-4-2 against a possession orientated 4-5-1 Sons line up. The match was a very quiet one as both teams creative forces in midfield and attack failed to shine. However Odwinica had an early chance when they were given a penalty, however their forward Bello who has yet to score this season blasted it over the bar. In the 2nd half the Sons captain Heckinbottom was injured and had to be replaced, with only 3 chances a piece it looked like it would end as a draw. However in extra time Howarth launched a free kick into the box that Bergfors half volleyed home for his first ever Odwinica goal. Sons were devastated they thought they had done enough but their ill discipline cost them. For Odwinica its a great 3 points that they will use to keep momentum heading their way.

Essex Elites 1-1 Haden United

United earned a valuable away point against a well disciplined Elites side. United and Elites drew both their games last season, both teams played cautiously with a 4-4-2 set up. United however burst ahead when Eveleens floated a ball in for Marconossi to stab home with a directed toe poke. The rest of the half was quiet with several United players picking up yellow cards. The Elites team came out in the 2nd half and quickened the pace, Greenacre scored only his 4th goal in over 100 matches for Elites when he guided home a inswining corner to make it 1-1. Elites were on top making more chances but Uniteds solid defense held them back. Neither team was at their best, it would be fair to say United looked better but Elites seemed to be well ordered apart from their strikers who were disorganized. Stubbs who played poorly for the Elites in attack was sold shortly after this match. It is probably a point both teams would settle for.

Dysonian Wanderers 5-0 Happenstance FC

The Wanderers reawakened their title defense by demolishing a mediocre Happenstance side. Wanderers set up with an aggressive 3-4-3 formation against what turned out to be a directionless 4-4-2 set up from Happenstance. Arber set Twigg up for the headed goal first, before the captain Dunwell coolly converted a penalty to make it 2-0. Arber scored with his own header on 38 minutes then two minutes later Segar blasted home a long range shot. Injuries to Unsworth and Harford compounded Happenstances problems but luckly for them they only conceded one in the 2nd half, a Twigg header again set up by Arber. Dysonism fully deserved the 3 points, Happenstance will have to start relying on home form if this is how they play away.

Most Important Result – Bayern Bru 4-2 Roostophe Rovers, a great statement of intent by Bru.

Turned on Style – Dysonian Wanderers, they looked immense in attack today.

Player of the Day – Tyson Arber, Dysonian Wanderers, two assists and a goal from the in form midfielder.

Eeeesh me and Haden had a horrible game!

I'm very happy with the result given I was in an injury crisis and I thought I'd see what happened when I played silly tactics: Ticked all the boxes, played 5-4-1 (lol!) and played Very Defensive. And against the current leader I'll take a point.

However, two injuries and a fuckton of yellow cards don't particularly make my team page fill me confidence for my game against Odders..