NEurope
ReZourceman

The Matrix 4 and 5 In Development?! (update: hoax)

I need to rewatch 2 and 3.. I recall enjoying them, even though some parts were obviously diabolically bad. That 'I didn't complete the training' line or whatever was the ultimate cringe. Sign me up to the 'didn't utterly hate them' club.

Anyway, pretty crap idea, but I guess it's not like they can do too much worse, as others have said. I rewatched the first fairly recently, fucking hell it is a terrific movie, incredible to think it was made over a decade ago, really stands up.

More to the point: Cloud Atlas? Really? Wachowski's? So totally not the right film for them, surely. Though to be fair I only made it halfway through the book..

I've never seen 3, shall I still watch it?

*looks into crystal ball for future replies*

Ok then I won't bother.

Wow, well that's nice to read, gets my Monday morning started with some good news.

I know they weren't everyone's favourite films, but I did enjoy Reloaded and Revolutions, not as much as the Matrix, but they were still good (for me anyways)

oh I hope they do more Matrix Comics and another Animatrix too, to accompany it :)

Oh My Shit.... they'll probably release more matrix games too (Enter the matrix sucked, but Path of neo was awesome :) )

Oh My Shit.... they'll probably release more matrix games too (Enter the matrix was pretty good , but Path of neo was crap :) )

Fixed!!

I thought the first game had more suspense since you couldn't just destroy the agents willynilly and it was a lot more sneaking around and using the matrix when you really needed it to dodge the bullets. The wall-head-kick was great as well.

Neo's fight against all the agents in the park in his game was so badly rendered it was embarrassing.

Neo's fight against all the agents in the park in his game was so badly rendered it was embarrassing.

As embarrassingly badly rendered as the scene in the film?

I am interested in this. Yes, I didn't like the second and third films so much, but mainly that's because they were BATSHIT INSANE AND DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

Wtf was all the stuff with the oracle, architect, ghosts etc. It seemed they had an idea, but it wasn't thought out well enough and left gaps that looked intentional but I have now concluded it was all just wrong.

As embarrassingly badly rendered as the scene in the film?

WORSE! :o

Yeah I can't really remember but the Neo game wasn't as good. Once you gained all his abilities it became stupidly easy as well.

Fun fact: Will Smith was originally offered the role of Neo before Keanu but turned it down in favour of Wild Wild West.

Fun fact: Will Smith was originally offered the role of Neo before Keanu but turned it down in favour of Wild Wild West.

Ahahahaahahaha

If he just wanted a really fun role at the time then he probably made the right choice.

I can't imagine Neo having emotions anyway.

Pft, Wild West was a blip for Smith's career.

Where as The Matrix turned Keanu into a joke.

Really? Two more Matrix movies? The first one was cool, the second was meh and the third was just an abomination really. It would be interesting to see where it goes though but I'd rather them leave it alone. Yet again, another way to make more money because they can't think of anything else. I'll watch it but it's not going to make me go to the cinemas straight away to see it unless I'm paid to do so, lmao.

Ok so...firstly just NO NO NO! I don't want anymore Matrix films but not because like most I hate the 2nd and 3rd films. I loved them. When the Matrix was around and the sequels I became totally enraptured in them and loved them. I found myself looking for all the hidden symbols littered throughout and I loved them. Now I by no means think they are perfect and peoples critiques and stances on the films are perfectly justified in a lot of ways they are great films that tried to do something different. Sure they did perhaps get caught up in their world too much and ran with it all but hell I still think they are good and love the ending! So let that remain the ending!

Lets face it, The Matrix never needed sequels. It had a lovely open ended ending as it were. (And I'm still not sure why the humans were trying to fight against these machines that had been SO merciful in offering us a utopian virtual reality... BUT THERE YOU GO.)

I'm skeptical the Wachowski's will ever be able to top Speed Racer. ;)

Ok so...firstly just NO NO NO! I don't want anymore Matrix films but not because like most I hate the 2nd and 3rd films. I loved them. When the Matrix was around and the sequels I became totally enraptured in them and loved them. I found myself looking for all the hidden symbols littered throughout and I loved them. Now I by no means think they are perfect and peoples critiques and stances on the films are perfectly justified in a lot of ways they are great films that tried to do something different. Sure they did perhaps get caught up in their world too much and ran with it all but hell I still think they are good and love the ending! So let that remain the ending!

If you liked the Matrix that much then you should really read this...

5191QbaN3uL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matrix-Warrior-Being-Gollancz-S-F/dp/0575075279

What is the Matrix?

You've asked yourself this, time and time again. You know there's something wrong with the world that you're living in- something doesn't work. You feel like an alien. You know there has to be something more than this.

In this daring little book, Jake Horsley suggests that your intuitions might just be correct. "Matrix Warrior" is a manual for living the life of a seeker- someone not looking for little spiritual thrills, but radical liberation. Disguised as a pop culture tome, Horsley uses analogies from The Matrix and the literary works of Phillip K. Dick (a significant influence on the mythology of The Matrix) and the metaphysical storytelling of Carlos Castaneda to spin a battle plan for those who would wage war against the apparent world. The author suggests that people can be divided into four categories- "humatons", or those who are asleep, "matrix warriors", those who know that there is more to life than they've been offered, "matrix sorcerers", those who are no longer under the control of the matrix and able to manipulate it to some extent, and "lucids"- people, like Neo, who are totally liberated from the matrix. This book is about the first step- becoming a "matrix warrior", and preparing to take advantage of opportunities to "unplug"- those rare events in life when we are offered a way to radically change our circumstances and embrace a more authentic mode of being. Along the way, there are digressions on ethics, metaphysics, futurism, and many other topics. While the Castanedan influence is apparent, one uncredited (though obvious) influence is the work of Aleister Crowley, especially regarding the way of the will.

There are some slight deficiencies- the author didn't seem to entirely "get" the later Matrix films- in fact, he doesn't seem to understand them at all (for a better grasp, listen to the commentary tracks on the DVDs themselves, where Cornel West and Ken Wilber spin an interesting glimpse at the deeper implications of the movies). But other than that quibble, "Matrix Warrior" is an excellent little book, and well worth your time... if you want to take the red pill, and find out how deep the rabbit hole goes...

that book- looks fucking hilarious. I love the idea that he didn't understand the sequels so just carried on writing and bullshit through it all. Fantastic.

I never used to like Keanu, until i saw this:

http://acidcow.com/famous/12288-keanu-reeves-spending-his-time-with-homeless-guy.html

And read stories about him from members of film crews, and extras and stuff, saying he was the only celebrity they'd worked with who actually seemed genuinely interested in them, and treated everyone the same. Like if he asked how they were and they mentioned their car was bust up or something, he'd offer to pay for it. Seemed to be loads of stories like that.

ON TOPIC: Can't help be intrigued by the idea of Joseph Gordon Levitt though! But not sure they should do this. They should have left it at 1, and it'd always have been remembered as a classic, with a sense of mystery surrounding its conclusion.

Yeah, I've only heard amazingly nice things about him so I've never wanted to slag him off.

Lets face it, The Matrix never needed sequels. It had a lovely open ended ending as it were. (And I'm still not sure why the humans were trying to fight against these machines that had been SO merciful in offering us a utopian virtual reality... BUT THERE YOU GO.)

I'm skeptical the Wachowski's will ever be able to top Speed Racer. ;)

Couldn't agree more. The Matrix should have only ever been one movie! The second one isn't too bad but it loses almost everything I loved about the first movie and the third one, I thought, just felt completely different. It's a shame that they didn't leave it with The Matrix.