NEurope
ReZourceman

The Matrix 4 and 5 In Development?! (update: hoax)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48199

~Keanu Reeves~

- Says he met the Wachowski's (no emphasis on the word brothers), for lunch over Christmas and stated that they had completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo. Says the brothers have met with Jim Cameron to discuss the pro's and con's of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again.

They're saying the things I want to hear in all honesty. A redemption duet of movies? I'm in tbh.

Edited by ReZourceman

I could be stunned. Although I hate Keanu Reeves. I wish they'd get a new, more compelling character than Neo.

Neo is awesome. (Whenever I refer to previous things in this thread, I will be referring to solely the first film BTW)

[i don't get why everyone hates the 3rd movie. I loved the Zion war bit. Greats with rocket launchers. And evoked more feeling of "fuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk" because it was real physics.]

I'm stunned and baffled, and I find it hard to believe. However, I am also intrigued beyond belief. (You all know I adore all three Matrix films.)

[i don't get why everyone hates the 3rd movie. I loved the Zion war bit. Greats with rocket launchers. And evoked more feeling of "fuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk" because it was real physics.]

Because of the annoying "THE WAR IS OVERRR" Xion/Zion kid. "Neo, I believe." Urgh.

The script was arse. (sorry Dannyboy)

I suggest we throw Keanu off a train and replace him with Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Joseph-Gordon-Levitt.jpg

He has a keanu look about him. Except, it looks like there's something going on inside his head, in contrast to The Reeves who has a vacuum between his ears.

They all have their moments, but it's almost universal that the original owns the sequels.

I'd like to see if they can add something new to it, but I think it'll only ever end up in bitter disappointment. That is, if these end up coming to fruition, which they won't.

I endorse the replacement of Keanu Reeves with JGL. Only, lets not limit it to The Matrix. Let's digitally replace Keanu with JGL in every film Keanu has ever been in.

Wachowskis working on Cloud Atlas? Pray, please be an adaptation.

Matrix news is potentially great -- if they can retcon the devestation that was revelations/whatevertheotherwascalled then all can be well in the world.

I must be the only one which thought matrix 2 was amazing then!? I still enjoyed 3 but it was more in the 'ok' bracket, although it did have some ace moments.

I must be the only one which thought matrix 2 was amazing then!? I still enjoyed 3 but it was more in the 'ok' bracket, although it did have some ace moments.

they made a sequel?

I thought everyone in here knew at this point that I find all three Matrix films to be absolutely amazing. :heh:

Not sure the Matrix needs sequels. Give me a modest television budget and I reckon I could patch together a pretty decent Matrix TV-show though.

they made a sequel?

No, the sequels were just an urban myth. They released an expensive pair of Matrix-themed drinks coasters though.

Edited by gaggle64

Amazing? Really? Wow.

Yep, well thats what my memory tells me but it has been awhile since ive watched them. I actually plan to watch all 3 again soon anyway with a friend!

they made a sequel?

lol.

I thought everyone in here knew at this point that I find all three Matrix films to be absolutely amazing. :heh:

I do now! We need to team up, i think we may be outnumbered...

I do now! We need to team up, i think we may be outnumbered...

Haha! :D I've fought the battle before, but I'm not really interested in fighting it again. It all comes down to subjective opinion (like so many discussions). I don't see how people can find the sequels bad, other people don't see how I can find them good. Either party trying to convince the other is a waste of precious time and energy. :heh:

Isn't this pretty much what happened after the first film when they realized they could make more money by making it a trilogy?

Wachowskis working on Cloud Atlas? Pray, please be an adaptation.

According to Wikipedia it is indeed. That's the good news here.

(although I'm not sure whether it'll work in film form, or whether the Wachowskis are the right people for an adaptation)

I want this to happen because the only thing to rival the second and third Matrix films in terms of utter wankishness are the Star Wars prequels (Although, Eps 1,2 & 3 are undoubtedly worse).

Thematically, the films weren't awful but they crumbled under their own vast weight. Technically, they were painful. Poorly written and the acting was even worse.

A magnificent train crash.