NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

I know Dazzy! :heh:

I just think this launch is actually pretty strong. How it pans out after the launch window is another story... but I'm happy exploring more than one of the games that are gonna be available day one.

After I'm done jizzing over the games I'm gettin straight away of course. :heh:

I think there is a varied amount of games out for the Vita launch. Some must have titles in there too and I think downloadable titles will keep us ticking over for any other major releases in the next few months.

Considering the hardware, I can't see much of a price drop anyway.

I reckon you could well see a 'soft' drop before E3. Which is to say the price won't change, but new units will come with a 4/8GB memory card packed in along with a download code for a first-party game. It's a good way for Sony to add value without cutting into their margins too much.

The company isn't really in a position to drop the price given the strength of the Yen. Honestly I'm not sure they would anyway, though: after its past successes Nintendo was under huge shareholder pressure to make the 3DS another golden egg and had a war chest to fund such drastic measures, whilst I think Sony ? with it's 5+ year hardware plans ? is more comfortable with riding things out. Obviously they'd love it if the Vita was a worldwide success right out the gate, but I think they have a more realistic idea of its prospects and market.

Anyway, I think one of the more interesting aspects of Vita's launch are its day-one downloadable titles. By which I'm referring to the original, download-only games like MotorStorm RC, Stardust, Escape Plan and Mutant Blobs Attack. As obviously WarioWare 'inspired' as Frobisher Says is, I also think that's a pretty cool proposition given all the ways to interact with the Vita.

Speaking of downloadable games, I think the Vita could be my preferred platform for:

(Also that Doctor Who game).

I reckon you could well see a 'soft' drop before E3. Which is to say the price won't change, but new units will come with a 4/8GB memory card packed in along with a download code for a first-party game. It's a good way for Sony to add value without cutting into their margins too much.

If they cap the price of the unit at ?200 and package in at least an 8GB card plus a downloadable game before E3 then I'll buy one instantly, as it stands though I resent the steep prices of the 'larger' capacity memory cards which aren't even that big... ?40 for a 16GB card does seem kind of harsh. :/

If they cap the price of the unit at ?200 and package in at least an 8GB card plus a downloadable game before E3 then I'll buy one instantly, as it stands though I resent the steep prices of the 'larger' capacity memory cards which aren't even that big... ?40 for a 16GB card does seem kind of harsh. :/

Yeah I agree S.C.G.

The memory card is the only thing that I resent buying - but Amazon's deal did make it a little less painful :grin:

I only gave in because it's new and I am weak.

New console launches are dangerous!!

I'm not interested in the Vita at all atm, but even I find myself thinking about it! #SoShiny!

I caved.

One Playstation Vita (with free memory stick) and one copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss on it's way. I also got the start kit, which has a couple of different cases, a cloth, screen protector and some other jazz.

I don't think there's any arguing that the memory cards are too expensive. Not that it's unusual for accessories to be where game companies make their money; people tend to fixate on the price of the main unit, so if that hooks them in the additional costs are easier to justify/ignore.

I imagine memory cards will drop in price before the machine itself, especially if third-parties start getting involved. Unfortunately it isn't out of step with other products to charge over the odds for extra storage space; look at 360 HDDs or the price difference between a 16GB and 32GB iPad.

That's a decent incentive to order with Amazon, you're getting the Memory card for nothing. It's not exactly cheap and it's an essential purchase.

I started with "personally" for a reason. I don't like 2D Marios, and from what I played of 3D Land - it feels exactly like a 2D Mario. I didn't like the Resident Evil demo...I need to try it with the Circle Pad Pro (but I need a good reason to get the Circle Pad Pro before I get one).

I get that, just surprised. Mario 3D Land is nothing like the 2D games, there are moments it is played on a 2D plane, but that's it. And again, Resident Evil is a lot better than the demo would have you believe, especially with CPP. Each to their own I guess

I know Dazzy! :heh:

I just think this launch is actually pretty strong. How it pans out after the launch window is another story... but I'm happy exploring more than one of the games that are gonna be available day one.

After I'm done jizzing over the games I'm gettin straight away of course. :heh:

Yeah it's a good launch, but by the sounds of it it could've been better - uncharted, wipeout and mod nation racers all sound disappointing; and the rest are versions of console games. It's still great, and like cooky said, some awesome variety; but I'm with those who think the download games are more exciting. Saying that I'm sure virtua tennis will get some serious game time!

To be honest I'm sure it won't be. But the reviews haven't been great for it, and saying its not as good as the pS3 version. It'll probably be the first game I pick up after launch to be honest, as I love it. I guess I was just expecting it to get rave reviews. Plus I need any excuse to not spend loads of money on launch games!

Hmmm... I'm gonna wait for games to get this. So far I'm only interested in Stardust, if I'm honest. Golden Abyss is getting too many comparisons to the first game for my liking, since I though Unch1 was pretty decent, but nothing too good...

I'm shocked, I didn't think you had the courage! :heh:

Worst part is that I may still end up getting one this week. Ive been thinking about trading in my 360 for a while and I think GAME are offering more when its towards a Vita so it might be worth it.

I'm incredibly surprised. Game seem to only have one midnight launch for the Vita that's at Oxford Street and Gamestation doesn't seem to be having any.

I'm guessing this is due to the financial troubles and possibly a lack of pre-orders. Is any one here actually getting it from a physical store? I actually don't know any one who's picking this up from a physical store and I think the price difference difference is probably the biggest culprit.

EDIT: Gamestation is having one at Birmingham New Street.

Fuck midnight launches!

Just had a text from my mum (I'm at work) IT'S ARRIVED!!! :bouncy:

And Uncharted from Shopto arrived this morning too!

Ahh good times! :p

Is it home time yet?!! :angry:

Scumbag Amazon. Other people get theirs and mine hasn't been dispatched yet.

I was under the impression that Aneres11 also ordered from Amazon.

Yeah my preorder was with amazon. I didn't preorder until about 2 or 3 weeks ago though so dunno why others haven't been dispatched too? Anyone else received theirs from amazon yet?

Well, I'm complaining for no good reason. I believe the stock for Virtua Tennis only arrived this morning (so anyone who ordered that will have theirs sent out today).

I guess Virtua Tennis must have been the game I mentioned earlier in the thread then that they'd not received.