NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

No dispatch email. I'd be surprised if it arrived tomorrow, tbh. I've been suspicious of Amazon ever since the estimated delivery date changed to the 23rd, no matter how much they tried to assure me otherwise.

Pre-ordered on the 2nd of Feb, too.

Just had a text from my mum (I'm at work) IT'S ARRIVED!!! :bouncy:

Is your mum going out at all today?

If so I'm just going to go round and steal it (saves me buying it :p), hope u don't mind!

I guess Virtua Tennis must have been the game I mentioned earlier in the thread then that they'd not received.

Hmm interesting. Just to throw it out there my preordered game with amazon was virtua tennis...

So not sure if thats the reason?

My estimate delivery date was always 22nd but then yesterday it changed to the 21st. Got my dispatch email last night and it's arrived this morning. Wonder why no one else has had the same?

I don't know whether it's a case of virtua tennis being available early? Coz shopto had virtua tennis in stock on sunday I noticed. All the other vita games were listed as preorder. I also didn't order any additional stuff with my bundle like cases or another game etc so maybe that helped? Dunno.

Vita Store Launch:

Everybody?s Golf (?29.99/?34.99)

Little Deviants Trial & Unlock (?19.99/?24.99)

Modnation Racers: Road Trip (?29.99/?34.99)

Reality Fighters (?19.99/?24.99)

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (?39.99/?44.99)

Wipeout 2048 + Network pass (?29.99/?34.99)

Escape Plan (?9.99/?12.99)

Hustle Kings (Psn Only) (?6.49/?7.99)

Motorstorm RC (Psn Only) (?4.79/?5.99)

Super Stardust? Delta (PSN Only) (?6.49/?7.99)

Super Stardust Delta & DLC Bundle (?7.99/?9.99)

Top Darts (Psn Only) (?6.49/?7.99)

Plants Vs Zombies (Soe) (?8.99/?11.25)

Cliff Diving (Ar Suite ? Digital) (Free)

Table Football (Ar Suite ? Digital) (Free)

Fireworks (Ar Suite ? Digital) (Free)

Army Corps Of Hell (?34.99/?39.99)

Virtua Tennis 4 ? World Tour Edition (?34.99/?39.99)

Asphalt: Injection (?19.99/?24.99)

Lumines Electronic Symphony (?29.99/?34.99)

Rayman Origins (?29.99/?34.99)

EA Sports FIFA Football (?44.99/?49.99)

Shinobido 2 (?34.99/?39.99)

Touch My Katamari (?24.99/?29.99)

Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (?34.99/?39.99)

Michael Jackson The Experience HD (?24.99/?19.99)

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (?39.99/?44.99)

Dynasty Warriors Next (?29.99/?34.99)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (?29.99/?34.99)

Ridge Racer Gold Pass (?5.49/?6.99)

Ridge Racer (?16.99/?19.99)

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (?29.99/?34.99)

A-Men (?11.99/?14.99)

F1 2011 (?44.99/?49.99)

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (M/D Not Verified Yet) (?5.49/?6.99)

Apps

Facebook (Free)

Live Tweet (Free)

Flickr (Free)

Foursquare (Free)

Downloadable Content

Everybody?s Golf Network Pass (?7.99/?9.99)

Reality Fighters Network Pass (?7.99/?9.99)

Wipeout 2048 Network Pass (?7.99/?9.99)

Hustle Kings

Hustle Kings Snooker Pack (?2.39/?2.99)

Time Savers Pack (?1.19/?1.49)

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (?0.79/?0.99) (??)

Modnation Racers Road Trip ? Unlock All (?3.19/?3.99)

Super Stardust Delta: Advanced Star Fighter Pack (?2.39/?2.99)

Motorstorm RC (Dual Compatible DLC)

Access All Areas Pass (?0.79/?0.99)

RC Collection Pass (?0.79/?0.99)

Full Game Pass (?1.19/?1.49)

Rare Rally Car: Patriot Enforcer ? Only available for 14 days (?0.79/?0.99)

Rare Rally Car: Italia Buttercream ? Only available for 14 days (Free)

Touch My Katamari

Download Request #1: Snowman!

Download Request #2: Shopping

Katamari Songs: All In One Pack (Bundle) (?4.79/?5.99)

(Includes the following, also available separately)

Katamari Songs: Namco Pack (?1.99/?2.49)

Katamari Songs: Chic Pack (?1.99/?2.49)

Katamari Songs: Vocal Pack (?1.99/?2.49)

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Additional Character: Jill (?3.99/?4.99)

Animal Pack (?3.19/?3.99)

Brawler Pack (?3.19/?3.99)

Femme Fatale Pack (?3.19/?3.99)

New Age Of Heroes Pack (?3.19/?3.99)

The Evil Twin Pack (?3.19/?3.99)

The Rising Dead Pack (?3.19/?3.99)

Viewtiful Strange Pack (?3.19/?3.99)

Villain Pack (?3.19/?3.99)

Weapon Expert Pack (?3.19/?3.99)

Additional Character: Shuma-Gorath (?3.99/?4.99)

Costume Pack (?3.99/?4.99)

Ridge Racer

Add-On Course 01 ?Old Central? (?1.99/?2.49)

Add-On Car 02 ?Elenie? (?1.19/?1.49)

Music Pack 01 (Free)

Music Pack 02 (Free)

Music Pack 03 (Free)

Music Pack 04 (Free)

Music Pack 06 (Free)

Music Pack 07 (Free)

Music Pack 08 (Free)

Music Pack 09 (Free)

Music Pack 10 (Free)

New Songs Pack 01 (?0.79/?0.99)

Demos

Uncharted: Golden Abyss Demo

Modnation Racers Road Trip Demo

Dynasty Warriors Next Demo

Unit 13 Demo

Wipeout 2048 Demo

Surprise surprise the digital versions of the retail games are ludicrously priced. Please about the stardust DLC pack though; and the actually downloadable games aren't so bad. Pleased about the demos too!!

Didn't know about the hustle kings DLC either, if they're good then I'll definitely get them!

Uncharted is HOW FUCKING MUCH DIGITALLY?

They're having a laugh right?

So crazy especially after all this talk about them being cheaper digitally...They can't even blame it this time on a publisher setting their own price because it's Sony themselves.

Guess with prices like this it means not a lot of people will be going all digital and therefore mammoth memory cards won't be needed.

To be honest, I didn't really expect it ot be much different. Games on Steam are (always?) released at RRP. It's whether Sony, and the other publishers, let the price drop over time and have regular sales like on Steam that's the important point.

FIFA is ?44.99 DIGITALLY?!?! seriously what are they smoking?

Didn't even notice that! Even F1 2011 is ?44.99, what the fuck is going on?

So crazy especially after all this talk about them being cheaper digitally...They can't even blame it this time on a publisher setting their own price because it's Sony themselves.

Guess with prices like this it means not a lot of people will be going all digital and therefore mammoth memory cards won't be needed.

I think it's probably because they sort of bigged up Uncharted as the premium title of the launch line up because it was the highest priced physically, only to find Fifa and F1 2011 priced as the most expensive on the digital store. So of course, they had to match it.

Well, actually, the RRP for the game was announced to be ?44.99 any way, but what happened to that few quid difference that should apply to digital downloads? It's bullshit.

Also, I literally just got my Dispatch email. I'm at work so use your minds and insert a GIF of joy in the space below.

Nice.

The big difference between Steam and PSN/XBL is that Steam doesn't give a rat's arse about other retailers - whereas console games are still mainly from other shops, and until downloading console games becomes the norm they don't want to anger the shops that sell their games.

I think the bigger issue is they don't want to anger the shops that sell their consoles. Steam is accessed through any PC, you can buy the hardware from anywhere in any configuration. Consoles need a physical presence and I don't think their profit margins are great, at all.

We'll have to wait and see. I get the feeling Sony will make some inroads but not as much as we all want them to.

Who knows really what's going on.

The big difference between Steam and PSN/XBL is that Steam doesn't give a rat's arse about other retailers - whereas console games are still mainly from other shops, and until downloading console games becomes the norm they don't want to anger the shops that sell their games.

This.

I'm not too fussed about the digital prices because I'll just go get the physical thing instead.

The problem is the sheer stupidity of the decision. It's clear that they are making a loss on the hardware, hence the proprietary memory cards and their pricing to recoup some of the loss.

The only incentive with the current pricing is that the game is on your memory card. The memory cards are expensive enough as it is, but you would have thought they would use the pricing of the games to at least get you thinking about what's cheaper and more convenient in the long run.

Nope. Come on Sony, you're still in the rough financially and the reduced margin strategy works fucking wonders.

I was going to agree basically with exactly what Daft wrote:

I think the bigger issue is they don't want to anger the shops that sell their consoles. Steam is accessed through any PC, you can buy the hardware from anywhere in any configuration. Consoles need a physical presence and I don't think their profit margins are great, at all.

We'll have to wait and see. I get the feeling Sony will make some inroads but not as much as we all want them to.

Who knows really what's going on.

So yeah that's "my" response.

Wait, so who developed Uncharted?

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/02/21/naughty-dog-were-not-working-on-any-vita-games/

Arne Meyer, the studio's Senior Manager of Marketing Communications writes, "We're not working on anything for PS Vita. I won't say never, ever, but there's no plans for it right now – we've always felt that consoles play to our strengths as a studio the best."

So it seems Naughty Dog won't be working on a Vita game anytime soon.

My order has finally been dispatched.

Mine was despatched from Amazon today too at 1220hrs.

What really annoyed me though was my other order for this sony_licensed_spf_case_vita.jpg

which was due to be dispatched today has now been changed to March the 1st! :mad: