Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2011

Retro_Link

Hmm... they've just said in FP2 that Perez has decided not to take any further part in the Grand Prix weekend, despite being 11th fastest in FP1.

He said he just doesn't feel confident driving the car after his crash in Monaco!

That's a tad worrying... It was two weeks ago now

And normally you hear all the drivers saying that all they want to do after a crash is get back in the car and get on with it/prove themselves!

... Oh and Vettel crashed in another Free Practice session... into the wall of champions!

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one race that is on at a decent time and I'm not going to be able to watch it until way later. Looks like its going to be awesome if wet. I'm going to go with some sort of crazy result happening. Either a Schumacher or a lotus win.

I don't see what Lewis did wrong on that incident with Jenson... of course he's trying to make up places in the race, and he literally couldn't have been any further left/up against the pit wall (and not on the grass), before Jenson turned in on him. Jenson should have been looking and he had the entire space of the pit lane to his right aswell.

Can someone explain to a n00b how exactly pit stops work? So Vettel went into a pit stop and lost his positioning but...I'm so confused I'm not even sure what the question is...

Basically Vettel was about 8 seconds ahead at one point, the safety car comes out and he's back to square one. That's not right?

Can someone explain to a n00b how exactly pit stops work? So Vettel went into a pit stop and lost his positioning but...I'm so confused I'm not even sure what the question is...

Basically Vettel was about 8 seconds ahead at one point, the safety car comes out and he's back to square one. That's not right?

I think it was just that the cars that were in front of Vettel when he came out after his pit stop, then made pit stops themselves.

Do you watch races sometimes Daft, or just happen to be watching a bit of this one?

Okay, but what about the SC making everyone group up? Doesn't that screw everything up?
That's just how it is... the cars have to slow down and follow a speed limit set by the safety car due to dangerous conditions [crashed cars/rain], so naturally they all bunch up.

Really hope Di Resta finishes well, good driver and very likeable guy.
Agreed! I'm hoping for a slim podium chance!

That's just how it is... the cars have to slow down and follow a speed limit set by the safety car due to dangerous conditions [crashed cars/rain], so naturally they all bunch up.

Okay, so I guess a major time lead isn't that big a deal it's the position that's really important?

Kobayashi in P2 with fresh tyres. Podium finish?
Would be awesome! You wouldn't stop him smiling for a week!

Okay, so I guess a major time lead isn't that big a deal it's the position that's really important?
Mmm... well yes in that at the end of the race all that really matters is the position you're in as you cross the finish line... but time leads are always good to have as it means you can maybe make a free pitstop (having the time it takes to make one in the bank)... or have time to see what the cars behind you are doing before you yourself have to choose.

Looks like we are back underway :D

Lewis is getting way too much criticism. Racing incidents are apparently sins nowadays.

I don't know where this has suddenly come from... only a couple of seasons ago and every racing incident wasn't under investigation, you'd always get collisions and spins at the start of a race, and if it was a wet race it was almost accepted that they were going to happen.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!