N-Europe

Bad Haircuts

Charlie

Now I've just had quite possible the worst hair cut ever and going out with the girl tonight I need some people to cheer me up with their stories of their worst hair cuts...

I thought it would be good, because I haven't been working cos the pool is broken, to go to a barbers rather than my usual salon. Bad idea. very bad. There is a hole on the side of my head. Thankfully not all the way through to the skull but the hair is thing enough so you can see it.

A total ninja effort with the Fudge has just been needed to try and cover it up and it has gone from this to this.

So, have you guys got any nightmare stories about haircuts?

Wow that's...pretty bad. Sorry man!

I learned to avoid the barbers too- I keep my hair medium long and when the woman cutting it makes 90% of her living out of going ape with a set of electric clippers, you're in for some hurt. I soon had no trouble going over the road to the salon and paying double what I had been.

Just whack some shoe polish on it! :p

The worst haircuts are obviously when they go quite a bit shorter than what you ask for, and there's fuck all you can do about it! And you just have to hate it and yourself for a couple of weeks! The Bastards!!

I've been going to the same hairdressers for well over 10 years now, they're awesome!! For the last few years (since the guy started) I have a regular hair dresser there now and he's the only one I'll let cut my hair now!

My current plan of action for the flat party tonight is the following: to constantly "whip my hair back and forth" so no one can ever see it without me moving, always stand to the right hand side of people, bring gel with me so I can fix it whilst there, not allow ANY photos of me from that direction... and shoe polish? :heh:

I haven't had my hair cut since september 2008 :laughing: Several reasons for that but primary of which was that wherever I went to get it cut, the person cutting would always take off too much.

One barbers I went to when I was younger used to be really good. A rather attractive woman and two guys ran the place and it was the woman who always cut my hair. But when she left, some other guy came in. He only ever cut my hair once and after he did, I never went back. Only went in for a trim and ended up essentially with a no.1 and a stupid fringe he decided to leave longer for whatever reason (like the kind of cut which is common place for neds and other such deliquents which was not what I asked for :mad:) :nono: That was pretty bad.

I've also had the 'Oops' moment where the barber cuts to deep with the electric clippers leaving you bald in one spot but keeps going on as if everything is normal.

Hope you didn't pay them for that Charlie. Shocking.

Could be worse though, could be the old bowl cut before a school photo.

Did I fuck. After it happened (how the fuck do you do that?), which was near the end and he was 'tidying' it up I told him to bugger off and I wasn't paying.

What can you do but laugh? (and wear a beanie)

Did I fuck. After it happened (how the fuck do you do that?), which was near the end and he was 'tidying' it up I told him to bugger off and I wasn't paying.

What can you do but laugh? (and wear a beanie)

It's like Jackass the movie when they attack people with the clippers. Bloke must have been on one or thought he could get away with taking the piss.

I actually spent proper money on my haircut on Thursday. I really like it. For £42 I'd be livid if I didn't. I hate paying that much for a cut. Makes me feel kind of ill. I thought I'd give it a go, though.

£42... :o I only pay a few quid for my hair cut. Albeit a family friend does it.

From what people were saying, I thought it was going to be awful, but then I looked at the photo and thought it was fine. I didn't even notice the hole until it was pointed out. I'm not defending the barbers at all, I've had bad experiences with those "blokey" barbers too, but don't let it ruin your night. Be confident. That'll do you more favours than the best haircut in the world. Chin up.

£42... :o I only pay a few quid for my hair cut. Albeit a family friend does it.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. My friend talked me into it. And...

Not sure if I could justify £42 on a haircut. Especially as I'd probably hate it anyway.

...because I usually hate my haircuts I thought I'd give it a go. For once I like my haircut.

I once went to a fancy salon because my regular hairdresser had closed and I hadn't found a new one at that point. It was more expensive, if I recall correctly, took about an hour, and my hair looked exactly like it always does after a regular cut. Waste of time and money. But I'm also fairly happy about my hair, except when it gets too thick since it ends up looking like a helmet.

Grazza is right, though, it's not very bad, and confidence is more important than your hairstyle could ever be. Heck, make a fun story out of it if need be.

I think until I got my haircut short, I didn't quite understand how bad a haircut could go.

I've had a fair bad times the last couple of years, my hairdresser at home I no longer go to cut my hair so short it was barely longer than a cm, which given I've had a fringe most of my life and wanted to keep the fringe as I mentioned to her, it was a bit of a shock when that got cut off.

Other times it's been so short again it's ridiculous, or they've hardly cut it at all and had to go back and tell them it's crap.

I usually pay a£24 now for my current hairdresser, she's a little older than me, does a good job, never hurts my piercings (I had one hairdresser pull my eyebrow piercing so the top ball touched the top and went back again, needless to say that took a while for it to heal again.), she does student discount for me and always tells me to come in and have the back trimmed if I got annoyed with it (you know when it gets long at the back and you like it somewhat long at the front.) for free and she'll trim my fringe for free too. Which is handy.

As for your haircut charlie, is there an occasion for you to wear a hat? Or is it going to be dimmed lighting? I'd say you've done a pretty good job covering it, just stray from bright lights or explain, she'll giggle at your expense but she'll probably think it's cute/funny/variation.

I don't recall a bad haircut experience. My hair is a tragedy and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I'm always depressed when I leave a hairdresser, because it STILL looks awful and like a ragdoll, but that's not the fault of the hairdresser or the cut itself.

Chair has a ripe one that I will cruelly show you all without his consent (it's on facebook so deal with it):

5084_201865605243_690580243_7536758_5149214_n.jpg

I think his sister did it.

Definitely go down the "the barber is a retard, but I stun, so it's fine" route.

It's like the time my sister shaved my hair, and then took off the guard, and then took a divet out my head. It adds in the long run. Image is something to be played with.

I don't recall a bad haircut experience. My hair is a tragedy and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I'm always depressed when I leave a hairdresser, because it STILL looks awful and like a ragdoll, but that's not the fault of the hairdresser or the cut itself.

Chair has a ripe one that I will cruelly show you all without his consent (it's on facebook so deal with it):

5084_201865605243_690580243_7536758_5149214_n.jpg

I think his sister did it.

Rapport. (I was posting my post when this was posted).