NEurope
Rummy

N-Easter Mini Meat?

So yeah we've totally missed the ball on the christmas meet-up, and before the summer meet-up maybe I'm going to propose...an easter meet! Votes on where you want it, bias leans to london for my own ease and the fact i am posting this thread and if you don't like it make your own. Preliminary date of Saturday 16th April, but also open to suggestions on that depending on people(mainly the studenty sorts who'd be closer to london on different dates).

Specific location wise I'm ruling against Hyde Park so as not to overshadow it for a potential summer location, thinking a possibly day in a london pub(Cheshire Cheese) or if people are actually willing to travel that tiny bit further, Greenwich Park.

Tbh I realise it's so close to a potential summer meetup it'll probs never happen, but I'll try my luck any way! If anyone twists my arm with an easter brum meet-up, I'd likely make that too if I could find somewhere to stay(for you complainy northerners, that's the furthest/maybe only norther place i'll go :p)

Sounds good. Count me in.

Is it going to be a hotel jobbie or just a day trip?

Watford? :D

I'd meet at Watford. But not Watford Gap, thats too far north! :p

I'll be saving for the potential Summer meet, so probably won't be down London way. Unless something strange occurs and i happen to be that way.

I'd go. Presuming it is an attainable distance from my dwelling... which is in Watford.

for me to be able to go it has to be a weekend straight after a 15th, or if the 15th is on the weekend that weekend.

'cos that's payday and I somehow spend money so quick the only way i'd be able to afford it is if it was straight after pay day.

Fo shizzle, dizzle. If we're gonna pub it, lets not do central because the prices there are hideous. Pub crawl in the east end? Or better yet, cross town Tesco's crawl?

Manchester could be cool, its a nice town, but I'm not sure there's very much to do for a throng of gamer nerds other than drink, which I'm totally fine with, but I know some members may want to veto. I may also have a free house =p.

I am up for doing a mini-meet anywhere, bear. Specifically; I'd love to host a South England meet in Brighton as this place rocks your socks, but that can be for another day!

Just tell me where and when (I know, you kinda have already...) and I'll be there!

I think I'm gonna try and go substance-free for this one, see if I can't hold a conversation that I actually remember =p.

We also missed out on the pyramid last time which was bare shit.

How about in the future rather than saying "lets do a meet but not London where do you guys think" and everyone names where they're living at that moment why doesn't the person who wants to do a meet say "I'm doing it in this town on this day, come along if you can". Saves tittivating over details for ages.

Indeed, and it's a mini-meat, and it's not in central london, really. I specifically tried to avoid all these problems.

I am up for doing a mini-meet anywhere, bear. Specifically; I'd love to host a South England meet in Brighton as this place rocks your socks, but that can be for another day!

Just tell me where and when (I know, you kinda have already...) and I'll be there!

I'd probably be up for one of those, too! I liked Brighton when I was there :)

Bingo, Ashley :P It's what I've been saying for the last 3 years!

Rummeh; it'll totes happen. I'll fling a 'be here at this time on this day' thing out when it gets warmer.

Yeah this easter one is a bit warm/weather dependant, I'll be confirming whether or not it'll happen about a week or two before, attendees, directions etcetc.