N-Europe

It's Christmassss!

nightwolf

I got most of my presents, except for one of my sisters. I feel this year I didn't spend as much on my family, makes me feel a bit bad. But then it was decided that we wouldn't spend more, so I guess it's ok. Plus I'm quite broke now haha.

Will be going to town Friday to get that last present and to pick up my bag which needed fixing. Afraid that'll cost a small fortune too heh. Plus not looking forward to busy town, ahhhh!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got everything wrapped. Went out and bought wrapping paper yesterday (3x 2m rolls) and ran through them all and I still had stuff to wrap. So had to run out today while my mother was out (it was her stuff that still needed wrapping) and bought another 3 rolls.

Used 4 rolls of paper in total, and I'm not wasteful with the stuff when wrapping as I basically measure so that it looks as neat as possible. Definitely haven't had to use this much wrapping paper before. Spent alot on gifts for people this year so hopefully they all go down well.

But perhaps it's just me but I enjoy wrapping presents much more than opening them. Think it appeals to my almost neat-freak sensibilities in that I want things to look as nice as possible.

So it's Christmas Eve, and I was driving to the shop listening to the radio. They were doing a Santa special. They had Santa on the phone from the North Pole and they had kids call in to talk to him and tell him what they wanted.

Listened to a few most were fine but two (that were video game related) just made me cringe.

There was a girl rang in, said she wanted a red Wii. All fine so far. Then Santa asked her what game she would play on her red Wii. Of course I was expecting her to say Mario (boxset an all), but she says she wants "Little Big Planet" for her red Wii :shakehead

Then the next caller was a boy who already has a Wii but wanted some Wii games for Christmas, which Wii games? Luigi's Mansion 1 + 2 :o

Now unless I was somehow warped to an alt universe someone is misleading or providing misinformation to these kids... or (more likely) kids are just a little confused and parents don't know better themselves.

I don't think the DJ knew any better either and Santa, well I'd hope he was just humouring them :heh:

We're supposed to be celebrating Christmas tonight with presents and food and all that. But the atmosphere at home is so foul it makes me want to punch someone.

Seriously, today is the worst day to start arguing about money and all that shit. Then why do my family still do it? Mom is pissed off and saying "if there's any expensive gifts I won't accept them" and my sister is crying and my dad drove off to the store (and to escape home).

Merry fucking Christmas. Can't wait to leave this house.

We're supposed to be celebrating Christmas tonight with presents and food and all that. But the atmosphere at home is so foul it makes me want to punch someone.

Seriously, today is the worst day to start arguing about money and all that shit. Then why do my family still do it? Mom is pissed off and saying "if there's any expensive gifts I won't accept them" and my sister is crying and my dad drove off to the store (and to escape home).

Merry fucking Christmas. Can't wait to leave this house.

Ah families, everyone always gets so stressed at Christmas and I'm not surprised!

I'm sure your mum will appreciate your presents and stuff, it's probably and hopefully just one of those days!

Well this will be my last full family christmas and that makes me really fucking sad :(, my sister is moving to Malta in february and next year I'll have my own place.

I'm a little nostalgic today..

Ah families, everyone always gets so stressed at Christmas and I'm not surprised!

I'm sure your mum will appreciate your presents and stuff, it's probably and hopefully just one of those days!

Well this will be my last full family christmas and that makes me really fucking sad :(, my sister is moving to Malta in february and next year I'll have my own place.

I'm a little nostalgic today..

Oh my mom isn't upset with me, I was actually the only person in the house not to be involved in the argument. Also mom knows what I got her as she picked it herself heh.

Her comment was aimed at dad, as every Christmas he seems to buy one expensive thing (phones, a tv, blu-ray player, that kind of stuff). But I'm pretty sure he hasn't this year due to money issues. So hopefully no complaining from mom.

Things have calmed down a bit, so I'm hoping it'll stay that way for the rest of the evening. Christmas dinner starting in two hours, whooo! I made chocolate mousse for dessert. Lots of chocolate mousse. =)

Oh my mom isn't upset with me, I was actually the only person in the house not to be involved in the argument. Also mom knows what I got her as she picked it herself heh.

Her comment was aimed at dad, as every Christmas he seems to buy one expensive thing (phones, a tv, blu-ray player, that kind of stuff). But I'm pretty sure he hasn't this year due to money issues. So hopefully no complaining from mom.

Things have calmed down a bit, so I'm hoping it'll stay that way for the rest of the evening. Christmas dinner starting in two hours, whooo! I made chocolate mousse for dessert. Lots of chocolate mousse. =)

Good, good! :)

My parents are alright at the moment, Dad still hasn't wrapped mum's presents, which is surprising unless he decides to do it before bed..

Strange man, he's usually better than this! Although he has bought an awful lot for her...