NEurope
gaggle64

Mass Effect 3

I'll be sticking with the vanilla edition, though I'll probably make up the difference in alternate costume packs anyway. I freely admit Bioware has me by the balls on that one.

Well, I always hate things like extra missions and characters included with CE’s, unless they’re also available in other ways. I don’t care about extra skins or weapons. I do like the physical extra’s like artbook, soundtracks and lithgraphs (and I guess the box as well). If this is a general CE (not exclusive to a specific shop), I think I’ll get this one.

Well, I always hate things like extra missions and characters included with CE’s, unless they’re also available in other ways. I don’t care about extra skins or weapons. I do like the physical extra’s like artbook, soundtracks and lithgraphs (and I guess the box as well). If this is a general CE (not exclusive to a specific shop), I think I’ll get this one.

Indeed this really sucks. But if the extra mission and character are similarly important as in ME2 (Crash Site and Zaeed) I think I'll give the CE a miss this time. That was absolutely not worth the price.

I suspect the extra character and mission will come with all new copies of the game, as per the Cerberus Network content. Note that they're labelled "Additional", not "Exclusive".

It's a regular copy for me, the Collector's Edition is overpriced.

Overpriced? Yes. Can I resist? No.

kdkjw.jpg

New character James Vega. He's never left Earth so he's there for people new to the series (I'm guessing that if he's in the party then he'll ask loads of questions).

Forget Earth, seems to me he never left the Pleistocene period.

He's clearly from Stockport.

He's the guy from the first trailer, no?

He didn't have a mohawk and had a different face. I mean maybe somehow it's the same guy, but im pretty sure first-trailer-man was just there to show the plight of the random soldier on earth, fighting a futile battle and waiting for Shepard to save the day.

Said that he was called James Sanders but changed his name to Vega. For anyone who's read the novels. Possible relationship to Kahlee Sanders? Or just a coincidence.

There's a survey up on Facebook to choose the default female Shepard for ME3.

#5 just makes me think Samus Shepard.

Of those I think the first is the most fitting, although they all look suspiciously young given that Shepard's supposed to be in their thirties.

In any case I'll gladly pinch number 5's hairstyle for my own female character. Hopefully it's a sign that BioWare will be stepping away from the plastic moulded hair of past games, although it is possible the various features will be locked to a default custom head morph that can't be edited; it's impossible to make the official male design using the character creator.

If i got the money (and job) by the time Mass Effect 3 comes out, then the top dolla pack could be on the cards. If not, the standard game will do.

Bit pricy for what you get though, to be honest.

Combat -gameplay trailer out of GamesCom - looks like it's taken from a build still under construction but it does give a good idea of the pacier combat and the sound effects are fantastic.

New screen shots too -

screenshot-011-p.jpg

screenshot-009-p.jpg

screenshot-012-p.jpg

Looking good, though I can't really work out why Cerberus want Shepherd dead so bad that they try and stop him saving the galaxy from Armageddon.

There's plenty we don't know about Cerberus, some of which has been hinted at even. As Joker points out in ME2 "Cerberus - three headed dog - how come it's only lead by one guy?"

I’ve been hyping myself up the last hour by reading the bioware forums.. I don’t know if it’s confirmed, but it’s mentioned why Cerberus is after Shepard. I won’t tell anything though :p.

There’s is a particular thread for known features which has been particularly interesting. I just watched the trailer above, and I noticed a few new features that might not have noticed otherwise. For example, they said they improved the banter in the game, also in combat. Notice how Shepard rallies his squadmates to some cover, and you actually hear him say “behind those boxesâ€. Small things like these are amazing.

Also, you can shoot the pilot of that mech and control the mech yourself.

So many great games. It’s a good time to be a gamer.

Just enjoying a playthrough of the 2nd title, taking my sweet f.a time with it. So pretty much avoiding spoilers of 3, in case i ruin numero 2 for myself.

Femshep wallpaper:

wallpaper-004-femshep-p.jpg

Other sizes/download

I thought I had read that the blonde won? I'm glad the redhead won, she looks just like my Femshep :D

Edited by Shorty

I thought I had read that the blonde won? I'm glad the redhead won, she looks just like my Femshep :D

The model of the blonde won but there was another poll about the haircolour afterwards, hence the redhead.

That'll look nice on my collectors edition :) I will still be making Jessica 'Alba' Shepard though.

BUMP: So it looks like multi-player is confirmed. I hope they didn't take too much time away from the single player for it...

BUMP: So it looks like multi-player is confirmed. I hope they didn't take too much time away from the single player for it...

WHYYYYYYYY

Ahem, well as long as the single player still ends being awesome then I will be happy!