NEurope
gaggle64

Mass Effect 3

Just as a quick comment... I'm not going to speak directly to the "Kinect" thing because that's a rumor... and we don't comment on those.

Looks like we'll have to wait until Monday.

I like the sound of it from IGN's preview. Mass Effect so far does feel quite restrictive in its shooting mechanics it would very much be a case of find cover, exploit cover, use abilites/gun, kill enemy, move to new cover spot and repeat. Whereas now it sounds more shooty and fluid which I thinks great. The RPG stuff is still all there happening under the hood so don't think we have to worry about that part of the game disappearing.

I was initially worried that it may lose the RPG elements which make the series great but to be honest the combat has always slightly suffered. If they want to make it more like a shooter in that respect then fair enough :) Sounds like this good be the best Mass Effect experience yet. All I was ever in it really was the story and characters. I like the fact that the party is being scaled down a bit too, I think they went a bit insane with the 2nd one. There were quite a few characters I just didn't bother getting to know. I'm still hoping against hope that whoever was sent to die on Virmire survived :p

I was initially worried that it may lose the RPG elements which make the series great but to be honest the combat has always slightly suffered. If they want to make it more like a shooter in that respect then fair enough :) Sounds like this good be the best Mass Effect experience yet. All I was ever in it really was the story and characters. I like the fact that the party is being scaled down a bit too, I think they went a bit insane with the 2nd one. There were quite a few characters I just didn't bother getting to know. I'm still hoping against hope that whoever was sent to die on Virmire survived :p

God I'm not, that bitch Ashley deserves to stay dead for shooting Wrex on my first playthrough!

Kaiden was so utterly dull that he should have been completely erased from all existence (although he isn't as bad as Jacob).

God I'm not, that bitch Ashley deserves to stay dead for shooting Wrex on my first playthrough!

It's not Ashley's fault that you didn't have enough paragon points! :angry:

Whoever died in the first game returning would be an awful, awful plot twist and would completely ruin that part of the first game. I really hope that doesn't happen.

It's not Ashley's fault that you didn't have enough paragon points! :angry:

Whoever died in the first game returning would be an awful, awful plot twist and would completely ruin that part of the first game. I really hope that doesn't happen.

It doesn't matter if I had enough points to save him or not (I did in all subsequent playthroughs) the fact that she would be willing to kill him is bad enough! Wrex is awesome, Ashley is just a jealous bitch who can't handle the fact I'd rather have some blue alien love than pay attention to her.

It doesn't matter if I had enough points to save him or not (I did in all subsequent playthroughs) the fact that she would be willing to kill him is bad enough! Wrex is awesome, Ashley is just a jealous bitch who can't handle the fact I'd rather have some blue alien love than pay attention to her.

If she were really jealous, she would have let Wrex kill you. At least Ashley tried to do the right thing (though someone should have taught her how to shoot to incapacitate). Everyone else was just going to let Wrex shoot you in the face. :heh:

I do agree that Wrex is more awesome than Ashley, though.

If she were really jealous, she would have let Wrex kill you. At least Ashley tried to do the right thing (though someone should have taught her how to shoot to incapacitate). Everyone else was just going to let Wrex shoot you in the face. :heh:

I do agree that Wrex is more awesome than Ashley, though.

Wrex was never gonna shoot me, it was all talk, Ashley overreacted... the bitch.

We'll never know, will we? :heh:

I think if I were Wrex, I'd shoot Shepard in the crotch and castrate him. Maybe then he'd understand my plight!

Did I read somewhere the female shepard is being voiced by someone else this time?

Did I read somewhere the female shepard is being voiced by someone else this time?

Nope, it's still Jennifer Hale.

It'd be a disaster if they made huge cast changes now.

It's already a bit worrying Jack Wall is gone for music. Clint Mansell is great, but replacing key staff for a finale always risks changing the atmosphere at a bad point in time.

I still find Jack Wall's reason for stopping stupid too. Something like it being "time to move on". Who the hell bails out before doing a dramatic finale?

Having picked up the original Mass Effect (and still awaiting delivery of Mass Effect 2), i can't believe i missed out on such a classic series of gaming. Love the side-missions, love how lenghly the games are (with the side missions played as well) and i love the humour.

So, this is yet another title i am looking forward to.

It'd be a disaster if they made huge cast changes now.

It's already a bit worrying Jack Wall is gone for music. Clint Mansell is great, but replacing key staff for a finale always risks changing the atmosphere at a bad point in time.

I still find Jack Wall's reason for stopping stupid too. Something like it being "time to move on". Who the hell bails out before doing a dramatic finale?

I have faith in Clint Mansell but i'd rather there was some continuity. I did feel the soundtrack to ME2 was weaker than 1 though. 1 had that Blade Runner/80's Sci-fi vibe to it. ME2 was much more fleshed out and orchestral. It was great in places, don't get me wrong, like the Suicide Mission, Arias club. I just felt the background music in fights and exploring just didn't grab me as much. So hopefully there'll be an even bigger focus on the soundtrack in general. I think I only heard the Normandy theme once in ME2.

EDIT: Favourite songs in ME universe anyone?

This is mine from ME1:

And ME2:

Edited by ViPeR

EDIT: Favourite songs in ME universe anyone?

I think the music is one aspect of Mass Effect I've never paid attention too. It just feels distant to me.

Suicide Mission from ME2. This don't get you up in the morning, nothing will.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Erm, i am not 100% on what would consider my favourite because i quite like a few of them.

This one was the first to pop into my head though when thinking ME1 (when it kicks in fully):

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

ME2 it's either the lower afterlife club: (this one really gets me in the mood to make Shepard dance!)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Or when the suicide mission ones really kicks in as it just sounds epic along with the ending scenes!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Release Date: March 6th 2012.

Mark your calenders. The gameplay footage they showed at the start of EA's conference was awesome. Definitely keep an eye out for that if you're not watching the conference now when it comes online later.

Can't wait for it. The stuff they showed at the conferences looks awesome, and the Kinect voice feature is interesting.

Glad that the Kinect features are stuff that make the game worse so I don't have to bother with them.

The stuff at the EA conference looked amazing.