N-Europe

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Happenstance

Count me in.

Daft, do you know why we were put on separate teams when ReZ left? We were still in the same party (the "Mute All" worked like it was supposed to i.e. not muting you).

My team lost but I believe I killed you more than you killed me - which is a much more important win.

Haha! Yeah, you killed me like 10 times in a row. I was like SRSLY?!?!! (When you got the grenade kill on me and I was like 'there was no way he knew he'd get me with that grenade...' o_O) Somehow I managed to come top of my team...I have no idea how. Your victimising of me had me thinking I was playing real bad. :heh:

Not sure why we were put on different teams. I think it might be a bug. It happened with me, Rez and flameboy the other day. Rez and I were on one team and flameboy was on the other. We just exited the game to the party screen and found another game.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, that last round was BULLSHIT. I was marked man three times in a row.

Sorry about my mic, Cube.

Edit: Also, sorry flameboy about not sorting the invite out. I wasn't party leader and then my mic had run out of battery and BLAH. I'm lame. I'll sort it out next time.

Edited by Daft

OMG, that last round was BULLSHIT. I was marked man three times in a row.

Sorry about my mic, Cube.

Edit: Also, sorry flameboy about not sorting the invite out. I wasn't party leader and then my mic had run out of battery and BLAH. I'm lame. I'll sort it out next time.

No worries! I played for a few hours with Cube after you left. Trying to get to 35 before the release. On 23 at the moment, played a fair old bit today been fun. Up to 23 I think now. Definitely more into this multiplayer that I was in Uncharted 2. Very much looking forward to it and just looked and my order is being packed :)

Levelling up is pretty easy. I'll be around on Sunday for some games. With a fully charged headset. Would be great to get a full team of 5.

I usually hate playing online. I'm not really sure what it is about U3 but I just love it. I'm so inconsistent. A couple days ago I was having a crap run, absolutely abysmal and then I had three games where I died like twice and got the most kills. Maybe that's it. I have a general level with things like Halo but with this I can play lame and then I can play like a god. Makes me happy when I play well instead of disappointed that I don't.

Levelling up is pretty easy. I'll be around on Sunday for some games. With a fully charged headset. Would be great to get a full team of 5.

I usually hate playing online. I'm not really sure what it is about U3 but I just love it. I'm so inconsistent. A couple days ago I was having a crap run, absolutely abysmal and then I had three games where I died like twice and got the most kills. Maybe that's it. I have a general level with things like Halo but with this I can play lame and then I can play like a god. Makes me happy when I play well instead of disappointed that I don't.

Yeah I'm kinda the same although my good runs don't extent past about 5 mins lol. One game tonight though I got 4 kills no deaths inside about 2 mins and then didn't get another kill all match!

Still though I really enjoy and feel in team objectives I am still contributing! I will be around on Sunday for nice long session. Who else on here plays it who isn't gonna be all over battlefield!

This is one of the few online games that isn't tear-your-hair-out frustrating when I do badly. The complete opposite of Gears.

Up to level 20 now. Even poor games have lots of great little moments. Like one game, an enemy was climbing up a building. I had the climbing booster so I quickly reached the top before him and kicked him down. And it's always fun jumping down from a height and landing perfectly so you can stealth kill someone.

This is one of the few online games that isn't tear-your-hair-out frustrating when I do badly. The complete opposite of Gears.

I think there's two major reasons for this, the first being aesthetic: your character doesn't make a really annoying gargled scream like in Gears or Killzone, plus you don't have to watch your character eviscerated; at worst you're looking at a slapstick ragdoll. On the gameplay side there's so many ways to get your own back — blindfire, grenades, pulldowns, kickoffs, etc — that you can keep on switching up your approach rather than getting stuck in a death loop.

I know some Dutch people are already picking this up from the shops, damn them! Still, ShopTo have provided me with a rather needless-yet-strangely-reassuring photo of my copy all packaged up.

Yeah, I think you've nailed it. I love that switch, when something isn't working so you try something a little crazy and you pull it off.

My friend got a copy today. I would be ridiculously jealous but we've still got the multiplayer until Monday(?) and I'm having too much fun.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but is there a way to clearly direct between rolling and sticking to cover? Because sometimes in hectic situations I want to roll but I stick and vice versa.

Also, one issue I think they need to fix is prioritising picking up grenades and the idol over guns when pressing Triangle. A couple times everything is on top of each other and instead of throwing a grenade back I pick up some lame ass gun.

Yeah, I think you've nailed it. I love that switch, when something isn't working so you try something a little crazy and you pull it off.

My friend got a copy today. I would be ridiculously jealous but we've still got the multiplayer until Monday(?) and I'm having too much fun.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but is there a way to clearly direct between rolling and sticking to cover? Because sometimes in hectic situations I want to roll but I stick and vice versa.

Also, one issue I think they need to fix is prioritising picking up grenades and the idol over guns when pressing Triangle. A couple times everything is on top of each other and instead of throwing a grenade back I pick up some lame ass gun.

I thought it was just me who had the problem with rolling and sticking to cover but obviously not! Glad to see so many people looking up for multiplayer lots of sessions FTW!

I had a marathon session of this on the campaign last night. Absolutely stunning game, cinematic as hell with some truly awesome moments and performances so far. I'm around 61% through the experience and although things have a slow start, the WHOAs and revelations are coming in thick and fast.

I think I prefer Uncharted 2 to 3 so far, but this latest adventure is about as good as a sequel to Uncharted 2 I could expect.

Controls seem a little more fussy now, with the scheme not lending itself so well to tight indoor spaces. Firefights are also more frustrating, with enemy AI darting around everywhere making themselves freaking hard to headshot. Gonna be working for that trophy...

Victor Sullivan remains the best thing about this series, with Drake evolving into an actual character this time around.

Can't wait to get back from work to keep playing this evening. If that doesn't speak for the quality of this experience, I dunno what does.

I know some Dutch people are already picking this up from the shops, damn them! Still, ShopTo have provided me with a rather needless-yet-strangely-reassuring photo of my copy all packaged up.
Ah I got an email from ShopTo about that not long ago. They've further automated their picking and packing process, added those photos and they can ship 24hrs a day, 365 days a year.

Ah I got an email from ShopTo about that not long ago. They've further automated their picking and packing process, added those photos and they can ship 24hrs a day, 365 days a year.

This is why I love ShopTo... :)

I can't wait until Uncharted 3 arrives, it'll be literally the first - and possibly last - PS3 game that I buy this year which is ok by me because I plan to get a lot of enjoyment out of it. :D

Out of the few PS3 games I own the Uncharted titles have been games that I play from start to finish without fail, I even dabbled in the multiplayer of the second for a little bit and found it to be enjoyable but never got 'seriously' into it... but if the multiplayer is even better in the third entry - which it blatantly is going by some of your comments - then I'll certainly be up for joining a few games every now and then. :smile:

Just gotta get myself a decent headset... the official one is good I take it?

This is why I love ShopTo... :)

I can't wait until Uncharted 3 arrives, it'll be literally the first - and possibly last - PS3 game that I buy this year which is ok by me because I plan to get a lot of enjoyment out of it. :D

Out of the few PS3 games I own the Uncharted titles have been games that I play from start to finish without fail, I even dabbled in the multiplayer of the second for a little bit and found it to be enjoyable but never got 'seriously' into it... but if the multiplayer is even better in the third entry - which it blatantly is going by some of your comments - then I'll certainly be up for joining a few games every now and then. :smile:

I've used a few down the years and the official one is the best sound quality wise. Only issue I currently have is the battery doesn't seem to last anywhere near as long as it once did.

Can someone explain how best to use the punches in this? It seems so random at times. One time I grenades someone enough so he was crouched for a bit, I shot him a bit then punched him. Didn't kill him. He punched me and I died straight away.

I got two despatched emails from shoto today both with lovely pics of my packagae, also got two texts. Talk about cock tease.

You think that's bad? Game sent me an email telling me that they've dispatched Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3.

Gamestop have despatched my special edition. :) Weirdly GAME wouldnt accept my postal address anymore...

Thenew official bluetooth headset on shopto is nice with built in hardware noise cancellation. You have a selection from wired to surround but the Sony variants are all really good.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!