Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Tomb Raider

Aimless

Naughty Dog made a better Tomb Raider game than the creators of Tomb Raider ever could or will....redundant game.

Well, until I get the chance to play it (£160 is my limit for the console, and I know nobody IRL who owns one) I'll simply have to put up with the Tomb Raider games.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So because someone's made an excellent game no one else should? What a boring hobby this would be were that the case.

No but the creator's of Tomb Raider have yet to make a good game....and they've had so many attempts that they should just give up. That latest one was good/awesome, whoever did that, but a different genre.

No but the creator's of Tomb Raider have yet to make a good game....and they've had so many attempts that they should just give up. That latest one was good/awesome, whoever did that, but a different genre.

No, the creators of Tomb Raider have yet to make a game that you apparently like. A lot of other people enjoy the games just fine. If you dont enjoy them then thats fine but do you always have to come into the Tomb Raider threads and start going on about Uncharted???

The thing is the games aren't even that similar. Uncharted is a cinematic third-person shooter with palate cleansing traversal and puzzles. Tomb Raider's an environmental puzzle game with a heavy emphasis on traversal and some light combat on the side. Ostensibly they might look similar, but underneath they're as divergent as Mario and Sonic.

Of course I don't know how this reboot will play out, but going off the preview it sounds more like a horror game than Uncharted. Whatever the case I'll happily play both.

Edited by Aimless

Whether you liked them or not, Uncharted probably wouldn't have existed without Tomb Raider, and Tomb Raider II was voted best game of the year, best game ever by multiple mags when it was new. It was a 9.8 type of game.

You're wasting your breath with your mockery of a name that was big enough to spawn such a massive franchise. So you don't like it, fine, I don't like Fifa or GT, but it's moronic to say they are not good.

Whether you liked them or not, Uncharted probably wouldn't have existed without Tomb Raider, and Tomb Raider II was voted best game of the year, best game ever by multiple mags when it was new. It was a 9.8 type of game.

You're wasting your breath with your mockery of a name that was big enough to spawn such a massive franchise. So you don't like it, fine, I don't like Fifa or GT, but it's moronic to say they are not good.

THEY SUX!!!!

Well irrelevant of whether Tomb Raider is good or not, the original creators aren't even making the games anymore. Crystal Dynamics has been handling the series since 06, and to say Crystal Dynamics have never created a good game, is just asking to have ones soul reaved....or blood sucked.

This is only tangentially related but it would seem the PS3 will be getting a TR trilogy pack arriving sometime next year, as confirmed by Crystal Dynamics.

The disk will feature Anniversary, Legend and Underworld, the first two not having been released on PS3 previously. Not sure if the pack's coming to the 360 as well although I doubt it; they couldn't whack them all on one disk.

The disk will feature Anniversary, Legend and Underworld, the first two not having been released on PS3 previously. Not sure if the pack's coming to the 360 as well although I doubt it; they couldn't whack them all on one disk.

Plus it'll probably be cheaper to just buy all three 360 games separately.

I might actually get that.

I probably will too so long as they're decent ports. Both Legend and Anniversary were a bit scrappy on 360, being fairly early PS2 ports; the art was fine but the engine wasn't very well optimised.

Incidentally we're finally starting to see the true boon of Blu-ray: compilation disks. And I'm only half being facetious.

Plus it'll probably be cheaper to just buy all three 360 games separately.

Probably, although I doubt Square-Enix see a penny of it at this point.

If they have a surplus of disks somewhere I suppose they might bundle up all three disks, but I can't see them wanting to press more for what is a fairly niche, cash-in product.

I probably will too so long as they're decent ports. Both Legend and Anniversary were a bit scrappy on 360, being fairly early PS2 ports; the art was fine but the engine wasn't very well optimised.

Incidentally we're finally starting to see the true boon of Blu-ray: compilation disks. And I'm only half being facetious.

I was pretty impressed with Legend when I played it. That was an age ago, so it might be a lot more dated than I remember.

It'd be interesting to see if they add any extras. Would be awesome if they did. Maybe even link them up a little more, even though Anniversary is a remake of the first.

Plus, Trophies nom nom.

I was pretty impressed with Legend when I played it. That was an age ago, so it might be a lot more dated than I remember.

It'd be interesting to see if they add any extras. Would be awesome if they did. Maybe even link them up a little more, even though Anniversary is a remake of the first.

For the time it had some really nice shaders and lighting that simply wasn't possible on the PS2 or Xbox, but it had a tendency for irregular slowdown and screen tearing.

The Amazon listing mentions a couple of Home items and an XMB theme but I doubt we'll see commentary tracks or anything; Anniversary already has that to a degree. I'd be surprised if you can't unlock a trailer for the TR reboot, though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!