Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Dominos Pizza - Basil Burst

ReZourceman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only had Domino's pizza once, and was pretty delicious :) Pepperoni it was. I think I ate like 4 slices and was stuffed, I don't know how anyone eats a full pizza unless it's thin sliced :p

Like EVILMURRAY though, I usually go to our local pizza shop in the heart of my lovely homely village. It's nice though recently, it starting to taste a little... plastic-y?

I dunno.

Nothing beats Milano's pizza though. It's amazing, like a tastegasm. Not sure if it's in England but hopefully the Irish fella's/lassies will know what restaurant I'm talking about :D

Nothing beats Milano's pizza though. It's amazing, like a tastegasm. Not sure if it's in England but hopefully the Irish fella's/lassies will know what restaurant I'm talking about :D

Yesssss. We have a Milanos in ballymena as well. Its nomtastic. Seriously goooooood.

I find the local, more individual, branches tend to be the best. As opposed to the chain stores.

I've decided to only eat in "proper" Pizza places, i.e the chain places like Dominoes, Pizza Hit, Pizza Express etc or very "nice" restaurants - it seems that the cheaper pizza place (non-chain) you eat at, the more likely their food is to contain the wheaty additive/preservative thing I'm allergic to. Doctor's orders. :p (as fancy restaurants and chains will standardise their ingredients or something...)

Hope that didn't come across in a mocking way, I didn't mean it to be. :blush:

Even though it was confirmed I can literally never die from this allergy.

There's always a silver lining...though I'm not sure if that's right in this case...let's just say it is :p

Apparently a young (relatively) healthy teenage/adult person is incredibly unlikely/won't die from anaphylaxis, unless they're asthmatic.

When you hear of young people and children dying due to allergies, it's apparently almost always because they were asthmatic too.

Pizza Hut shits all over Dominos. Everything about it. We had Dominos only here that we lived with for yeeeears until earlier this year when a Pizza Hut Delivery opened up in our town. The difference is amazing. *drool*

Our pizza hut is only nice if you are sitting in.. They don't do deliveries and if you collect stuff they completely forget about you and you eat up with cold food :angry:

It's buy one get one free everywhere I think. Or at least in Kingston. I assumed they wouldn't make and print menus specifically for one area though...

Both Pizza Hut and Dominoes do loads of really good offers when doing take-out.

Pizza Hut shits all over Dominos. Everything about it. We had Dominos only here that we lived with for yeeeears until earlier this year when a Pizza Hut Delivery opened up in our town. The difference is amazing. *drool*

Totally, the garlic butter stuffed crust is amazing, and pizza hut send you tons of vouchers if you order from them, more than offsets their expense, and Dominoes don't do that.

On the topic of eating a Pizza by yourself, can anyone demolish a large Dominos with ease? Because I can and all my mates are shocked by it but on some occasions I could even have a desert.

Just wonderin'.

No, I'm a big girl (read fat) and I can't manage more than 3 quarters.

Always good to save a bit for brekkie though.

Domino's pizza was the second biggest source of all payments taken from my bank last year - second only to my car insurance. It was about 50 transactions but I had it more than 50 times as sometimes I would pay by cash. I love it but it is a bit pricey so unless you have vouchers, it's difficult to justify the expense.

Where I am now, there is a pizza hut delivery store at the end of the road so it's so easy to pop in and get one. At the moment I have quite a few vouchers to get any pizza and size for £6.99 which isn't too bad. They throw them at you during freshers week see.

But as for that crust... yeah... I think I'll be giving it a miss. The cheesy one was pretty dodgy and this one looks even worse.

On the topic of eating a Pizza by yourself, can anyone demolish a large Dominos with ease? Because I can and all my mates are shocked by it but on some occasions I could even have a desert.

Just wonderin'.

I normally have to have a large to myself if I'm to come away feeling satisfied but that doesn't fill me to bursting. I've managed eating two mediums before and that had me ready to pop though - a feat I've not quite managed to match since (normally I'll eat 1 and half and think sod it). Part of it is just how I'm feeling at the time though - if I'm in the mood to eat a lot.

Edited by Captain Falcon
Automerged Doublepost

I've weaned myself off of takeaways in general as best I can - theoretically It's once a month, with me and my mate taking it in turns to pay. My entire time in Sheffield was spent within walking distance of takeaway places, it was so hard to just walk past those smells!

Also, sheffield prices really put shame to Pizza Hut/Dominos. I never felt that the quality difference justified the doubled price-tag.

That chicago town x-factor pizza is fantastic, mind you. Remember the football feast one they had during the world cup? MMM!

Papa John's > Pizza Hut > Dominos.

Factual data.

Its surprising you can be so bang on with your first placement of Papa John's but then put in the clearly inferior Pizza Hut.

I don't understand how anyone could prefer Pizza Hut to Dominos. (In all examples Papa trumps all)

- Pepperoni is a burnt wreck in comparison to Dominos.

- Tomato sauce is bland in comparison to Dominos.

- Bread/base is "....." slightly stodgy in comparison, and has those weird spots.

- Generally feels less fresh

- Cheese is considerably more fail.

- More stingy with toppings.

(I should mention I actually DO LIKE Pizza Hut, and DO have it on occasion, but it pales in comparison) bleds.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!