N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia - Game Thread

Jonnas

See, I was tempted to go for Eenuh, but it wasn't until fairly late in the game that I really figured how much people distrusted me. Until then I thought it safest to simply attempt to gain trust. Also, I thought it too implausible that the only female player would be the only female character. I felt it was simply too obvious. :heh:

Oh, by the way, were the princess killed before I got to her, I had a second win condition which consisted of killing

- an athletic gentleman,

- a high-ranking servant and

- a member of the mafia.

Killing anyone else would have revealed my true intentions up until night 5. Unfortunately I was too caught up in my own lie at that point to risk anything. Otherwise I would have gotten rid of Peeps and Tales and then tried my luck with finding the princess.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I protected myself twice.

You could protect yourself. Jayseven couldn't, and I heavily hinted at that when he tried.

As for Gmac. I believe we had various little bits of information that went against him.

Not when you first started to suspect him.

You could protect yourself. Jayseven couldn't, and I heavily hinted at that when he tried.

I was wondering how he could protect himself if he was out cold. So Jay would have died if I hadn't tried protecting MadDog?

Also, this PM was great:

After some careful introspection, you find out something new about yourself. Something so obvious, it is a wonder how you never felt it:

You are very handsome, indeed.

Killing anyone else would have revealed my true intentions up until night 5. Unfortunately I was too caught up in my own lie at that point to risk anything. Otherwise I would have gotten rid of Peeps and Tales and then tried my luck with finding the princess.

So many times, I found myself mentally yelling "He's suspicious! Kill him/her and lie your way out of it!"

But you played well, you did.

I was wondering how he could protect himself if he was out cold. So Jay would have died if I hadn't tried protecting MadDog?

Correct.

And I liked that PM very much, yes :grin:

So many times, I found myself mentally yelling "He's suspicious! Kill him/her and lie your way out of it!"

But you played well, you did.

Thanks! :D I think I didn't play as risky because, well, this game was so epic that I really wanted to win and thus didn't want to risk anything! I had this epic scenario in my head of me more or less gaining the town's trust and then ripping the victory from their hands in the end - which I was actually fucking close to doing! :D

Thanks! :D I think I didn't play as risky because, well, this game was so epic that I really wanted to win and thus didn't want to risk anything! I had this epic scenario in my head of me more or less gaining the town's trust and then ripping the victory from their hands in the end - which I was actually fucking close to doing! :D

There was no way I was going to fall for it. I've had a massive distrust of all neutrals since the third mafia game.

Jonnas, if I had used the map last night, would I have been killed by Dannyboy then? Or would I still have been protected by Marcamillian?

To clarify to people, the map I stole from Zell allowed me to be protected from misdirectors, investigators and roleblockers I think, but not killers and protectors. Thing is I only used it once and then forgot about it completely. =P

Weren't they just helping the gardener?

I had a theory in my head that Nintendohnut was the mafia boss and so appeared as good, because he was working for royal family and acted loyal, but really despised them for some reason, maybe they didn't appreciate his work or he wasn't paid enough.

As far as I can remember the mafia didn't get one stroke of luck in our direction in the whole game. There wasn't a night where the switching of targets actually benefitted us/stopped our target from being protected or whatever, only (several) nights where the actions of townies scuppered our plans hugely. Which was unlucky from our point of view.

Apart from Diageo targeting me! That was quite lucky. It meant that on night 6(?) I was able to kill and also target a townie to make myself look innocent. That was the one useful thing that happened.

That was the night that the target wasn't killed but drugged and put outside. After Cube revealed that I used Aloe Vera and various plants I was shitting myself because I assumed someone would link that kill to my plant use and call me out. Luckily so much had happened in the game it was difficult to make the links

Did you not see my big argument with Nintendohnut? I just wouldn't believe he was good. I really didn't trust him. Your thing saying that he was killed by someone he didn't trust made me think that you were referring to Nintendohnut because surely Diageo would know he was lying about the pills too.

I realise that you really suspected me, but I genuinely think I could have wriggled out of the situation on the last day. I realise people may say 'I wouldn't have changed my vote' but it was posts like your one here that made me think I could have gotten away with it. This was after I 'revealed' everything about myself:

Help Diageo eh? Help him die! I hope... I was very confident a few minutes ago why must you do this :p

Even just putting a seed of doubt in everyone's minds would have been enough to remove a few votes I reckon. That fact that you were so convinced I was evil before I posted my 'details' and then said this after made me think I might have gotten away with it. Still, we'll never know! That's what I get for answering my phone to the gf at a crucial moment in the mafia game :p

EPIC DOUBLEPOST

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They all had reasons for joining me. Here are the mafia roles and powers (might as well share them now :) )\

You are the Mafia.

Donning your black masks, all of you join forces to fulfil your personal goals:

Nintendohnut

You are The Royal Gardener, Theodore Barnes

Despite your loyalty to the crown, you are the mastermind behind this little coup.

After working for the Royal Family for so many decades, you have concluded that the Princess’ summer house is the perfect spot for your goal: a beautiful garden, featuring the largest variety of flowers in the world! However, this bothersome party will ruin your plans. Gathering some of your own allies, you decide to drive them away, at any cost.

You’d rather keep the princess alive, at least, but if she interferes, you may be left with no choice...

Being a gardener, you have access to copious amounts of Aloe Vera. You may use it to protect a player from injury or death during the night. Also, since you had an invitation (being trusted and all), you will appear good when investigated.

Sméagol

You are The Scholar, Ambrose Hughes

Being knowledgeable in the fields of Chemistry and Alchemy, Theodore’s plans intrigue you. Reuniting several rare plants and other prime ingredients in a single building... Fascinating. For the sake of science, this plan must advance.

Each night, you may target a player. This player will become blind for the rest of the game. (Blind players are afflicted with a 50% probability of power failure per night)

Zell

You are The Counselour, Edward Gallandeau

Besides the Queen, no one in the palace has ever respected you. Baseless accusations of treason run amok, due to your influential position and French heritage. Fuelled by petty revenge, you decided to join Theodore in his little fiasco.

Each night, you may target a player. Using your cunning and wit, you will assure that said player remains unbothered by others (except killers).

gmac

You are The Frenchman, Pierre Rochefort

Seeking an ambitious project to spice your bohemian lifestyle, you answer your cousin Gallandeau’s pleas for help. Adopting the false identity of “Peter Rockefeller”, you will avoid unneeded attention to your heritage. This little adventure might just bring the excitement you desired...

Each night, you may target a player. You will engage in exotic sexual intercourse with said player, roleblocking him.

chairdriver

You are Charles Bradford, The Charlatan

Raised in an orphanage, you are nothing more than a thief or a con man. Ever since your childhood friend Joey died by the hand of a noble, you swore to destroy their wretched society. This little group that aims to overtake the princess’ summer house will mark the first step towards your ultimate objective...

Each night, you may don the disguise of another player (this action cannot be stopped or redirected). This will confuse those targeting you, but it will protect your identity.

You may also target a player, and use your charms in order to gather information from that player.

------------

Each night, the mafia may send someone to kill a townie. Whoever carries out said kill cannot use their other power (except for chairdriver’s disguise, which may be used along with the kill).

Also, since you work as a team and may communicate outside of the thread, one player will send me the nightly PM with all the desired targets.

DOUBLE EPIC TRIPLE POST

Weren't they just helping the gardener?

I had a theory in my head that Nintendohnut was the mafia boss and so appeared as good, because he was working for royal family and acted loyal, but really despised them for some reason, maybe they didn't appreciate his work or he wasn't paid enough.

When did you have that theory? You never voiced it to the rest of the crowd but were spot on! (unless you just read Jonnas' notes after my death then had the theory :p :laughing:)

*vomits at the size of this post*

Edited by Nintendohnut
Automerged Doublepost

I'm still annoyed at dying so close to the end.

I'm also still annoyed at dying the first time round too actually :laughing:

Nintendohnut did so well at convincing people he was town but once we knew the blue notes were truthful I didn't trust him at all.

See, I was tempted to go for Eenuh, but it wasn't until fairly late in the game that I really figured how much people distrusted me. Until then I thought it safest to simply attempt to gain trust. Also, I thought it too implausible that the only female player would be the only female character. I felt it was simply too obvious. :heh:

I was thinking the same thing. It was really obvious that Eenuh was the princess and at the same time too obvious for it to be true. She played very well to hide it too.

I think I did alright as Marlene. I probably caused more confusion than I did help but that's probably what a redirector should do anyway.

I was knocking myself out because, as heroijan said, I thought that the mafia couldn't kill unconscious people :P

Earlier in the game I was indeed suspecting everyone of nefarious behavior -- mostly because I hadn't even read a couple of pages back. Several times I accused someone of something they'd seemingly just been cleared of. I was not on form at all, but if anything I think this is the reason the mafia let me live so long - I was causing too much confusion and getting nowhere.

The music in each write-up truly made a fantastic addition, really set the scene in a way that the wordy mafia write-ups could've benefited from. This and the pokemafia have taught me well, and made me want to provide a truly decent game. I think the rolesets in this mafia were great - for instance, maddog having a double vote and a night power was a stroke of genius. Each player seemed to get some form of information as well as have something shady about them.

Very pleased to have my first win in what must be years.

Edited by jayseven
MEDIIIIIC!

Indeed, jay, the music made this even epicer! :D (That is now a word, yes.)

BTW, Danny, what was your character's reason for wanting to kill the princess?

She would make a fine trophy in my hunter's collection. ;) Basically I was a borderline psychotic hunter. :p Oh, and remember my twin brother? Yeah, the Blacks Masks didn't kill him. I did. :heh: In order to get close to the princess. ;)

Are you talking to me?

No to your dead twin brother.

When you appeared as talking in the "we" form in the last night's write-up, I figured it was someone who must be a bit mental, so I thought maybe you just wanted revenge on the princess as your twin's death was her fault or something.

That or I thought it was ReZ talking about him and his cat. =P