N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia - Game Thread

Jonnas

Indeed HeroJan, I was thinking you might do this Nintendohnut, when it appeared you weren't on for a while. You must be the one lying. My PM specifically says you received the pills, the write-up says it too.

'donut has no reason to lie about it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eenuh, did you happen to get roleblocked the two days after you told the thread that Ellmeister was good? I couldn't be arsed checking right now.

No as I didn't tell about it until the 4th day apparently (if my search was right). Plus the roleblocking has been cleared up.

Well you don't have to, but I don't see why you wouldn't.

I'd like to explain again, There were a few quotes and posts in quick sucession, one of which included you saying something about it being unlikely that he gave me pills in a flask (something I also found odd). In my head, for some reason, this was you saying you had also received pills. Don't know why. Add to that the fact that Cube later said something along the lines of 'Diageo is a tea giving person', and as I have explained, I haven't been following this mega-closely, which made me think Cube had received tea. BAsically I got really confused about things, and it added to my theory.

That said, my point still stands. Why wouldn't you believe me? I have pretty much been confirmed good (I'm in the write up doing a friendly act, I am mentioned as having a nice chat with a handsome man, and as Cube has since commented in the thread to say this was him, and hasn't said "OMG HES EVIL VOTES FOR HIMMMM!!!", I would assume this is what he found. I have no reason to lie. Why would I lie if he gave me anything? There is no reason.

What I would say is that you could possibly be right that it wasn't his fault, but I doubt it. I understand that he may have been redirected or whatever, however I received a PM which confirmed everything in the note in the write-up, except for what Diageo did and later claimed. As I didn't receive pills when the person is clearly me, I think it's an alibi for him. Which is why I'm relatively sure it's not a mistake on his part, or a redirection or whatever.

Either way I'm sticking with my vote for now. I want to hear from Diageo to see if he can explain himself. I would also like to know why people a) think I would like about this b) haven't questioned the fact that he cannot be targetted at night, which to me is extremely fishy and something that would work well as a mafia power, and c) are so willing to jump to his defence. As always, I'm becoming extremely suspicious of everyone.

If there's a valid explanation I'll remove my vote, of course, but I don't get why people aren't even willing to apply pressure when yesterday I was two votes from a lynch simply because I had been busy. That's not what the game is about.

A summary of my feelings at this moment:

I'm getting a bit annoyed in this game. If I don't contribute I get two votes from majority and have to defend myself at length. If I then contribute and suggest reasons someone may be evil, people say that I'm lying for no reason at all. What should I do, just come into the thread to vote for whoever everyone else is voting for, then not say anything else? Would that make me less suspicious because I'm going with the majority? No, forget my info/hypothesis, it's probably better to just vote off someone who has only posted twice or who another player who posts a lot has picked at random (ie Rez picking me, Diageo picking gmac etc) :indeed: [/exasperated]

My part about nobody being able to target you did not come from myself. I have never targeted you. It came from Ellmeister asking why he was unable to target you (twice) and you saying you couldn't be nightkilled. I put two and two together. Why would ell's power be any different from anyone elses?

And you still haven't answered the question about the pills and the flask.

SEPARATE POST:

Aaaaaaaaand Diageo just deleted a post. Breaking the rules much?

Well you don't have to, but I don't see why you wouldn't.

I'd like to explain again, There were a few quotes and posts in quick sucession, one of which included you saying something about it being unlikely that he gave me pills in a flask (something I also found odd). In my head, for some reason, this was you saying you had also received pills. Don't know why. Add to that the fact that Cube later said something along the lines of 'Diageo is a tea giving person', and as I have explained, I haven't been following this mega-closely, which made me think Cube had received tea. BAsically I got really confused about things, and it added to my theory.

That said, my point still stands. Why wouldn't you believe me? I have pretty much been confirmed good (I'm in the write up doing a friendly act, I am mentioned as having a nice chat with a handsome man, and as Cube has since commented in the thread to say this was him, and hasn't said "OMG HES EVIL VOTES FOR HIMMMM!!!", I would assume this is what he found. I have no reason to lie. Why would I lie if he gave me anything? There is no reason.

What I would say is that you could possibly be right that it wasn't his fault, but I doubt it. I understand that he may have been redirected or whatever, however I received a PM which confirmed everything in the note in the write-up, except for what Diageo did and later claimed. As I didn't receive pills when the person is clearly me, I think it's an alibi for him. Which is why I'm relatively sure it's not a mistake on his part, or a redirection or whatever.

Either way I'm sticking with my vote for now. I want to hear from Diageo to see if he can explain himself. I would also like to know why people a) think I would like about this b) haven't questioned the fact that he cannot be targetted at night, which to me is extremely fishy and something that would work well as a mafia power, and c) are so willing to jump to his defence. As always, I'm becoming extremely suspicious of everyone.

If there's a valid explanation I'll remove my vote, of course, but I don't get why people aren't even willing to apply pressure when yesterday I was two votes from a lynch simply because I had been busy. That's not what the game is about.

A summary of my feelings at this moment:

I'm getting a bit annoyed in this game. If I don't contribute I get two votes from majority and have to defend myself at length. If I then contribute and suggest reasons someone may be evil, people say that I'm lying for no reason at all. What should I do, just come into the thread to vote for whoever everyone else is voting for, then not say anything else? Would that make me less suspicious because I'm going with the majority? No, forget my info/hypothesis, it's probably better to just vote off someone who has only posted twice or who another player who posts a lot has picked at random (ie Rez picking me, Diageo picking gmac etc) :indeed: [/exasperated]

There is a reason for why we suspect you of lying, seeing as it's a possible explanation. And you have to get used to unfair suspicions. They happen all the time - trust me, I know. :heh:

Anyway, I'm still very unsure at the moment. I'll follow the discussion some more before making up my mind.

No, we accidentally targetted the same targets twice!

What "we" comment?

I get what it means now, both of you targeted the same person.

HeroJan:

flask Noun /flask/

Synonyms:

noun: bottle, canteen

flasks plural

A container or bottle, in particular.

Seems fine to me, although flask is usually seen to contain liquid, it may have been lost in translation with Jonnas.

Nintendohnut, I was targeted by the Butler and the exotic man, hardly untargetable.

Oh I know Dannyboy, you don't need to tell me! It's just especially frustrating considering how little evidence I was nearly lynched for yesterday.

I'd like to clarify that Diageo just deleted a post. I posted, then read his post, then posted again and suddenly his post went a away meaning that I had instead create a double-post. Which I didn't want to do as it was a separate post. You can see my original post in danny's reply above, before the additions.

Then I posted another to explain this. I hate the automerge sometimes.

Oh I know Dannyboy, you don't need to tell me! It's just especially frustrating considering how little evidence I was nearly lynched for yesterday.

I'd like to clarify that Diageo just deleted a post. I posted, then read his post, then posted again and suddenly his post went a away meaning that I had instead create a double-post. Which I didn't want to do as it was a separate post. You can see my original post in danny's reply above, before the additions.

Then I posted another to explain this. I hate the automerge sometimes.

Yes, the automerge is frustrating, especially in mafia games. In regular conversations, most people just edit the extra text into their original post, no?

In fact, I'll go ask about it in the forum's official Question thread. I've actually been meaning to for a while now.

Just to clarify, I was reading Nintendohnut's post. I refreshed, and then I saw the extended post.

I don't think it is possible to delete posts by one's free will, so I'm assuming it was a technical error.

---------------

Vote Standings

MadDog (1): Jayseven

Cube (2): MadDog

gmac (4): The Peeps, Cube, Diageo, heroicjanitor

Diageo (2): Ellmeister, Nintendohnut

(9 is the majority)

Just to clarify, I was reading Nintendohnut's post. I refreshed, and then I saw the extended post.

I don't think it is possible to delete posts by one's free will, so I'm assuming it was a technical error.

---------------

Vote Standings

MadDog (1): Jayseven

Cube (2): MadDog

gmac (4): The Peeps, Cube, Diageo, heroicjanitor

Diageo (2): Ellmeister, Nintendohnut

(9 is the majority)

If you click "Edit", there is a Delete button on the post. I think I remember having delete a post before.

HeroJan has just informed me that it is indeed possible. I just assumed it wasn't as everyone always said, "oops triple post" etc, and wehenver I triple/double posted, no one ever told me to delete one.

However I never deleted anything. Nintendohnut, either something freaky is going on with you or you all pulling out anything out of your bag to try to make me look bad.

HeroJan has just informed me that it is indeed possible. I just assumed it wasn't as everyone always said, "oops triple post" etc, and wehenver I triple/double posted, no one ever told me to delete one.

However I never deleted anything. Nintendohnut, either something freaky is going on with you or you all pulling out anything out of your bag to try to make me look bad.

Since mods like jayseven can see deleted posts, we can easily see if you actually did it or it's just a mistake.

Vote: DiageoWhat I would like to say about Diageo is, every time I target him, it bounces off of him back to someone else. Now I've asked it once,but why does it keep happening Diageo?

What's all this then?

People seem very eager to target me. I have no idea why it doesn't work.

If I am in fact untargetable, which I don't know why I would be. I think it it's awesome, mafia can't kill me. So I can be as aggressive as I want, as long as other townies don't get stupid and trigger happy towards me.

This is why I thought you were untargetable. As I was skim reading the thread I read the following: "I am in fact untargetable, I don't know why. I think it it's awesome, mafia can't kill me. So I can be as aggressive as I want, as long as other townies don't get stupid and trigger happy towards me." I admit that by skim reading I slightly misunderstood your post but when you said 'I think it's awesome', to me it was you admiting that it was the case. Surely you can't honestly be suggesting that because I read this I am making things up? You say it yourself, and after Ellmeister's claims that he couldn't target you it added up.

In terms of the deleting posts thing, maybe I imagined it or something, or perhaps it was a technical error. Seeing as there is literally no way to prove it either way then don't panic. But yeah, you can delete posts, but not in mafia games.

I'm going for a while, but seeing as it looks like everyone believes Diageo not me there's little point in me pushing this. Diageo, I hope I'm wrong and you're town, apologies if so but my lack of pills and theorising brain has led me to suspect you. I still suspect you but seeing as nobody is willing to follow I won't say any more. I'll keep my vote as I do think you are evil, and if others read my posts and agree that's fine, but I won't be making any more long posts now. Very tired and getting frustrated so there is little point in pushing the matter any more. I urge you all to vote for Diageo once again, and for the last time, as this is the only information we have today.

You can.

But us admods can see the post. So if I spot anything shady...

Guessing he hasn't.

And as for people being unable to target Diageo, this is because I've been redirecting people away from him the last couple of nights. Firstly due to his power (enhance the powers of others) and the second time because of all the attention he appeared to get the first time around.

So now all there is against him is Nintendohnut claiming not to have received pills when the note clearly says he did. So it all rests on the note. This would be a great time for the note-writer to come forward if they can.

Well the quote went wrong in the post above but you get the picture.

Having checked back, it was me, once again, being an idiot. I read the last post on the previous page, which was by diageo, then scrolled down to the bottom of that page and wrote another post. When I clicked 'post' it disappeared and my posts merged, and I instantly though 'holy cow he's just deleted that', and instantly reacted. Now I realise that I am just a complete and utter idiot. I hang my head in shame. Diageo, apologies. You did not delete the post and you did not lie about it. I am just a silly bugger.

In other news, bye for now! (I'm super tired, which may explain my sketchy performance on here tonight)