Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Why life sucks.

jayseven

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harsh to hear, man. My parents split before I was even able to form memories, so I've got a good relationship with both still and bear no resentments to either party (I did for a bit in my teens). I know people whose parents break up after the kids have upped and left the family home, others who endeavoured through affairs and stayed together, and parents who should've divorced the day after they got married because surely it's impossible for them to have ever loved each other...

You'll get twice as many birthday presents from now on, eh! No doubt they'll try and one-up each other, too. *buys ell an invisble, and mostly useless, crate of cider, and sits and sings brand new at him for a bit in an effort to cheer him up*

*jayseven obv. succeeds!*

*jayseven secretly drinks all of the invisible cider, thinking Ell probably doesn't want it anyway*

And I'd like to say I'm treating the 'thanks' button as a 'sorry' button, in case you thought I was being uncharacteristically sadistic.

*jayseven is not impressed with the invisible cider, so starts drinking the real cider he had hidden and doesn't tell Ell in case he gets jealous*

I was loving that post...until you mentioned cider. I'm a beeeeeer boy now!

Keep the cider mate, but thanks for the post. Haven't spoken to the dad yet, he hasn't contacted me, not really sure what I'd say. Probably something really bitter asking if the girl was worth it.

Full day of lectures and after little sleep I can tell this is a day of win!

Wait....I've just realised between this thread and the happy one we basically have HWYD back. Unless your day is mediocre. In which there is no where to write about it.

Sorry to hear about parenting issues Ell. I would be interested to hear how the conversation with your father goes, if you feel it isn't too personal to share.

having a shit day! Stayed up til 6 arguing on here and watching Dexter, forgetting about the time.

I thought my girlfriend was getting on a plane at 12 and getting back at 7pm, so my whole plan for tuesday was to get up whenever, get there for 7pm with some select floral accessories, and greet her. Turns out she got on a plane at 7am and got back at 12. I woke up at 4.30pm with 5 texts and a bunch of missed calls. Such a fool. So now I'm going to see her tomorrow for the whole day, just because going over there for 7pm now wouldn't be how I had planned it.

having a shit day! Stayed up til 6 arguing on here and watching Dexter, forgetting about the time.

I thought my girlfriend was getting on a plane at 12 and getting back at 7pm, so my whole plan for tuesday was to get up whenever, get there for 7pm with some select floral accessories, and greet her. Turns out she got on a plane at 7am and got back at 12. I woke up at 4.30pm with 5 texts and a bunch of missed calls. Such a fool. So now I'm going to see her tomorrow for the whole day, just because going over there for 7pm now wouldn't be how I had planned it.

But on the plus side at least you can update the mafia now. :p

I basically hate employers.

And warehouse work, which is all that seems to be available these days around where i live. Not just any work though, 5 nights with 3 days off then 5 days. Each shift being 12 hours long. Jeez, that would kill me if i took the opportunities up. I suppose i can count myself lucky, as i ain't on that J/C stage yet where i have to accept any job offer or face the music.

Un-employed people of N-Europe, you know where i am coming from with why i hate employers?. If not, well it is to do with them not contacting back of even giving the young a chance in the working world.

I can't even get hold of either of my parents and I don't even know what I'd say.

Yeah the first time I spoke to my dad after my mom left him. "Ummm so...how are you?"

I don't want that to look like a sympathy post peeps.

And you won't get it from me fatty!

I'm a big boy anyway, I'll power on through!

That's what you said to me before but you LIED!

Well, I have recently been job hunting too since coming back from Malaysia, but I was offered a job a week ago. It doesn't start for 2 more weeks though, so I feel so bored! At least when you are job hunting, you are constantly thinking about that. There is only so much Star Trek, Top Gear and Gadget Show that a person can watch... Now is a good time to watch a few of my Chinese TV series that I bought and learn some Chinese...must get my act together!

My wife is 7000 miles away and we aren't going to see each other until the middle of next year when she comes here, unless I do a random trip there in Jan or Feb, but I'd rather save for our new home and future together. It's pretty tough, but we have known each other for 10 years and although my life is a bit bland for the time being, at least I know I am going to have the most amazing and happy life in a few months time when all my effort pays off.

Nah, just me and him.

I'm the only one he'll talk to out of my me and my two sisters merely because I think we are/were closest and strong enough to take it with blubbering up every 5 seconds.

He just shuns off any questions though so its more infuriating than devastating.

Ah, I see. Not as awkward as I thought. Though I've never been through it myself, I've had friends who've gone through it and simply refuse to talk to one of their parents or both. It can be pretty rough.

Hope it goes well :smile:

Edited by Frank

Turns out I'm going home at the weekend to console the mother.

And the person to drive me back to Reading? The father! That will be an "interesting" drive.

Someone in my class this morning was telling me about her divorce. Apparently the relationship turned quite abusive and she left and a month or so after he emotionally blackmailed her into housesitting their house, three kids and many pets while he was away for a week. Upon his return he got violent, the kids started attacking her (for leaving) etc.

So hopefully it won't be like that for you!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!