NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

ps. I didn't know you lived in Glasgow?

Watch out, watch out, Charlie's about! ;)

Yeah it's awesome, isn't it. I've been down a couple times when I'm just walking past or whatever. The traffic is an absolute nightmare though! I'm actively having to avoid George Square when I'm driving in town and when my gym/squash court is right next to it it makes things a bit difficult!

The film is going to be called World War Z.

ps. I didn't know you lived in Glasgow?

Yeah it's cool, but disruptive. I don't know my way around Glasgow well and we ended up getting really confused trying to make our way to the shopping district cos every time we went down a street it was blocked off. I don't like when people moan though, how else do they expect films to get made?

I don't live there, was just visiting. I'm from Fife. :p

Just went to go see my nan at the old folks home, she's looking a lot better. Talked for about 20 minutes, at christmas she said hello then fell asleep so this was really good. Felt much better that I saw her before I left for the north :D

I don't live there, was just visiting. I'm from Fife. :p

What a coincidence, so am I :grin: High five! What part?

-------------------------

Anyway, a bit of relaxation, some good food and some much needed sleep (including afternoon naps) yesterday and today have come in handy in making me feel a lot less stressed and bringing me to a calm state. Still a little worried about the ol' ticker and definitely need to sort out an appointment with the doctors and also need to make a start on dissertation ideas for Uni but for the moment, everything is fine.

I'm from Fife.

What a coincidence, so am I :grin: High five! What part?

I did a course once over a couple weekends up in Kirkcaldy; not a place I'll be going back to in a hurry. :heh:

My gearknob arrived today (well actually yesterday but I missed delivery). Fitted it. Looks great. Couldn't get the old one off though so resorted to the saw on my penknife. Oh well it was getting knackered anyway. (Too many silent k's in that sentence.)

(not the most flattering, but)... Gameboy style swimsuit

game-boy-suit-1_1314114075.jpg

game-boy-suit-2_1314114092.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

For a moment I wondered if this was the "What have you bought" thread. I'm sure it'll look great on you Retro ;)

Just met up with 3 friends who I hadn't seen since February 2010. Been too long. We used to be quite close in secondary school, but as it goes things sorta watered down when people left for uni.

Was nice to see them again, though it also makes me realise just how slow I am in things haha. They have jobs, live somewhere, one is married and expecting her second child... Not that I want children but I do want a job and my own place. =P

We agreed to try and meet up more regularly, just for a drink and a chat like we did today. Let's see if anything comes from that haha.

I'm sure it'll look great on you Retro ;)

I'm sure it'll look better off.

Didn't you hear him? it's not very flattering. But at least he can strut his fanboy magic down on the beach.

Was nice to see them again, though it also makes me realise just how slow I am in things haha. They have jobs, live somewhere, one is married and expecting her second child... Not that I want children but I do want a job and my own place. =P

Don't let Flink hear that you don't want kids. His biological clock is ticking! :sad:

One of my old classmates lives in the house next door with her husband and two kids. It's slightly disturbing. I think video games have stunted our emotional growth.

Don't let Flink hear that you don't want kids. His biological clock is ticking! :sad:

One of my old classmates lives in the house next door with her husband and two kids. It's slightly disturbing. I think video games have stunted our emotional growth.

Flinky said himself just now that he doesn't want children (yet). =P

Plus my biological clock is ticking more than his haha.

That's great. I too am starting university in a few weeks time. What are you majoring in?

Classical philology, i.e. Latin and Ancient Greek. :) What about you?

Classical philology, i.e. Latin and Ancient Greek. :) What about you?

Computer Science.

I did a course once over a couple weekends up in Kirkcaldy; not a place I'll be going back to in a hurry. :heh:

I'd accuse you of being snobby, but you're from Glasgow: not a place I'll be going back to in a hurry.

I'm kidding, of course: I'd go back to Glasgow anytime I wanted to get knifed or score some heroin.

I'd accuse you of being snobby, but you're from Glasgow: not a place I'll be going back to in a hurry.

I'm kidding, of course: I'd go back to Glasgow anytime I wanted to get knifed or score some heroin.

There are far worse places in Scotland you could be going to... The centre Stirling, for instance, I personally think feels far more dangerous at night than the centre of Glasgow does. For the record, I actually feel very safe in the centre of Glasgow in the middle of the night. It's all lit up and there's a huge police presence. Stirling is the opposite. Always yobs about the place, people fighting, people fighting in the clubs week in week out.

And before you say anything, I'm from bang inbetween Glasgow and Stirling so go to both regularly.

There are far worse places in Scotland you could be going to... The centre Stirling, for instance, I personally think feels far more dangerous at night than the centre of Glasgow does. For the record, I actually feel very safe in the centre of Glasgow in the middle of the night. It's all lit up and there's a huge police presence. Stirling is the opposite. Always yobs about the place, people fighting, people fighting in the clubs week in week out.

And before you say anything, I'm from bang inbetween Glasgow and Stirling so go to both regularly.

I should mention that I have actually been to Glasgow many times, and gone out there one three nights. I should also mention that I was just being a dick. I may have been drinking... :p

I should mention that I have actually been to Glasgow many times, and gone out there one three nights. I should also mention that I was just being a dick. I may have been drinking... :p

Watch that, sums up Glasgow (almost) perfectly.

Watch that, sums up Glasgow (almost) perfectly.

Aww man, I haven't seen Kevin Bridges in ages, cheers for that! I particularly loved him on Would I Lie to You with the whole Bulgarian house fiasco... :bowdown:

How have these not come out sooner?!

http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/119/1190239p1.html

Han Solo Carbonite Ice Cube Trays

Between its awesome MinceCraft gear and 8-Bit ties, ThinkGeek might as well have direct access to our bank accounts. The company is once again tapping into our balance with its new officially licensed Star Wars Han Solo in Carbonite Ice Trays.

e845_han_solo_ice_cube_tray_1314215177-000.jpg

Each tray features six small Han Solo carbonite blocks and one large one. As expected, the ice trays are freezer safe, down to -40F. Should your sweet tooth take the best of you, the trays can be used with other liquids like chocolate.

e845_han_solo_ice_cube_tray_glass_jabba_1314215193-000.jpg

The Star Wars Han Solo in Carbonite Ice Trays can be picked up from ThinkGeek.com for $9.99.

How have these not come out sooner?!

For a moment I wondered if this was the "What have you bought" thread. :p

Seriously don't remember posting this.

BEST DAY EVER (yesterday)

Went to tennents vital!! PIT TICKETS!!!!

got to see freaking JIMMY EAT WORLD :D:D:D Eminem was awesome but by then i was physically destroyed and had to go sit side stage, still saw as much if not more than the people in the pit...!

d12 were fucking awesome... Talking to the audience (hellooo ireland... put you hands up if you are motherfucking wasted!!!) and kaiser chiefs lead singer was so fun, running through the partition between pit and everyone else! Jimmy eat world just rocked my socks off. At this point there wasn't a huge amount of people so we had lots of space to bounce the fuck around like loonies.. dancing our socks off :D And I've never smelt so much weed in my entire life... they were obviously lenient on the searching!!

My ears are still ringing and i've only had about 4 hours sleep since... but by fuck I had a GREAT time. <3

Oh yeah and my feet hurt like FUCK. Standing around for about 8 hours with arthritis in your joints ain't advisable!!! XD

they played a few oldies.. there was only a few i didn't know! Bleed american & Sweetness were the two I could recall from memory... I was quite pissed by this time :p