Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

You people have too much time on your hands :heh:

No idea why that happened. Had to wait for Shorty to come back online and wisely at 0:30 this morning he wasn't around so I followed suite and went to bed.

Plus as I said to James if I'm going down y'all are coming with me.

Edited by Ashley

I came home from a shit day at work to a nice box of chocolates and Disney's Ratatouille on Blu-Ray from Rez. Oh.. and I had battered sausage and chips from the chip shop for dinner, yumz.

Holy shit!

ReZ is nice and stuff!

I know its very simple but just made this (based on my final film). That wonderful feeling when you start a new creative program (in this case ActionScript) and you make the first thing that works and you're all happy! Now just to make better/more interesting things.

Also anyone know of a good place to get free hosting with FTP access? I use blogger for my blog but that doesn't allow it :( And I probably shouldn't use this place...

Just went to the rehearsal for the wedding I'm shooting tomorrow. I'm borrowing a Canon 5D mk2 from work, which is the same camera I'm saving for. Sweet Jesus, it's one hell of a camera.

Just need to find the £2000 (and the rest if I want more than one basic lens) to buy one now. Almost there...

Went Clay Pigeon Shooting for the first time today, and really enjoyed it. Managed to hit 22/25 Clays, which was great. There were different scenarios, different angles, some high in the sky, some lower to the ground. Definately think I'll give it another go sometime.

91386915.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Tackled the getting on/off the A1 for the first time since I failed my driving test almost a year ago. It was scary since I hate the idea of not being able to stop, but then so easy when you're on it. And I did it repeatedly Until We Felt Red, so it was gr8.

Drove for hours...like 10.30 till 5pm or something. Lunch break in between obvs.

Tackled the getting on/off the A1 for the first time since I failed my driving test almost a year ago. It was scary since I hate the idea of not being able to stop, but then so easy when you're on it. And I did it repeatedly Until We Felt Red, so it was gr8.

Drove for hours...like 10.30 till 5pm or something. Lunch break in between obvs.

I think for me driving wise, the m25 was the worst, but that's the best thing, I pretty much straight away starting driving far and wide in my car, then moved to sheffield and drove around there, the worst places you can find, once you tackle them, everything is so much easier.

Now I don't worry so much when I drive to a new place.

Grats by the way!

I also got my kindle today, one of my favourite purchases, I'm shocked.

Who are you talking to?

You, he has assumed you are on some kind of intensive course (which is where you do a week of learning to drive, in large chunks like you did today, for five days with a test at the end, as opposed to a years worth of weekly lessons or whatever.)

I failed and immediately went to Uni, not driving from mid-Seotember 2010 until mid July 2011. I'm just getting back into the swing of things with my dad, then doing some proper lessons next week. Not booked my test yet. :) Might do an intensive thing, we're gonna consult my new instructor.

I failed and immediately went to Uni, not driving from mid-Seotember 2010 until mid July 2011. I'm just getting back into the swing of things with my dad, then doing some proper lessons next week. Not booked my test yet. :) Might do an intensive thing, we're gonna consult my new instructor.

If you do pass, do a pass plus afterward.

I'm pretty bloody glad I did, my instructor also took me over a few things I wasn't sure on, parking in a car parking space and going over stuff I'd learn in my test etc. Just to make sure.

If you do pass, do a pass plus afterward.

I'm pretty bloody glad I did, my instructor also took me over a few things I wasn't sure on, parking in a car parking space and going over stuff I'd learn in my test etc. Just to make sure.

I was going to do so as well, but apparently the amount it is supposed to bring down on insurance is really insignificant nowadays so we decided it wasn't worth it.

Also I'm awesome at driving so nothing could help improve it. :awesome:

Am I reading this right you went on the A1 as a learner?... Isn't the A1 a motorway? :wtf:

I was going to do so as well, but apparently the amount it is supposed to bring down on insurance is really insignificant nowadays so we decided it wasn't worth it.

Also I'm awesome at driving so nothing could help improve it. :awesome:

Honestly my insurance was 990 when I started in my own name, then went down to 600 the first year.

I don't know if it helped or not, but it was good for my piece of mind.