N-Europe

What order would you show your kids the Stars Wars saga in?

flameboy

Am I the only one who actually likes 1-3 including Jar Jar? Or am I just a crazy fan.

I thought they were pretty decent myself. Obviously not a patch on the originals though.

Same with Jar-Jar, but when I first watched it I was younger. Years on I can see why people may have found him annoying.

4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6 is a good idea but I'll definitely show the original trilogy first and then the earlier ones. I don't think the prequels are bad films but they're definitely not a patch on the original 3. There's just something missing from them, you don't get the same feeling watching them as you do from watching the originals.

Some of you guys forget that kids would probably love the prequels, just like you loved the originals as kids. I'd make my kids see them in the order of 4, 5, 6 and then 1, 2, 3 just because that's how they were released.

I'd also get my kids into the Clone Wars show. Shit is RAD.

watch like so: 4,5,6.

Then watch Alien.

Make them watch the boring one first: Alien.

I'd make them watch the prequels first, then the sequels/originals.

Hey, it works as well. Just tell them that the better 3 are coming up after these and that you'll understand the originals more this way.

Perhaps, but the shock value isn't there anymore. The whole buildup to "I am your father" is ruined as you twiddle your thumbs thinking "... Yeah I know"

Also was recommended this as well. Essential viewing.