Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Disappointing Films

Ashley

I watched Tokyo! last night. I assumed it was a multi-segmented film set in Tokyo, along the lines of Paris, je t'aime but with less segments. Its not. Its three shorts written and directed by three non-Japanese directors but happened to be shot in Tokyo. The first by Michael Gondry is very French (it was okay but still very French), the second I skipped most of as I didn't like it and the last was tolerable.

Most disappointed.

Movies you've anticipated but been disappointed by?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...well, Oddly I don't really see a lot of bad movies.

One movie though that really sticks out in my mind is that X-Men movie centered around Wolverine. I was bored to tears. Just so disappointing.

Just thought of another one actually. Slumdog Millionaire, I enjoyed it but it felt a little shallow. Admittedly, I watched it almost after a year since release so all I knew about it was that it was up for several oscars and was "FUCKING AMAZING!!!"

It wasn't :hmm:

Edited by Frank

Not the whole film, considering it was for the large part really good, but I found the end of Seven really disappointing. I can't really explain, but it seemed very unclever, considering the rest of the deaths in the film were really well thought out.

Reminds me I saw this today.

As for disappointing films... I'm sure there have been a ton but at the moment I can't think of any. I'll come back to you later!

I'm the type of person who enjoys pretty much any film regardless of how bad it's supposed to be. :heh: Though I've experienced several times the letdown feeling that a hype can create. But that's merely down to me blasting my hype out of proportions, so I've stopped doing that. Actually, I love to watch a film with absolutely zero expectations, because then I'm often extremely positively surprised.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Pretty obvious but... the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions.
Yes!

Actually, Reloaded I enjoyed at the time, but subsequent viewings not so much.

Revolutions I hated at the time... so much so that I refused to add it to my DVD collection. However, with each subsequent viewing I've enjoyed it more and actually think it's alright now.

Spiderman 3

Transformers 2

Pirates 3

Quantum of Solace

and most Pixar films that aren't Toy Story

Pretty obvious but... the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions.

Oh christ yeah. It was on TV the other night and as I flipped through thought I thought to myself - "Jesus, I can't believe I actually looked forward to this once." On a similarly obvious note, Star Wars Episode 1.

300. I went in expecting a sub-par but bloody comic-action movie, what I got was a two hour montage of people standing around staring into the middle distance in the middle of a cornflakes commercial, with about 3 minutes of sub-par action intersped into that. Specifically, I paid money on the understanding that there would be war-rhinos, and got less then 15 seconds of war-rhino. Shennanigans! SHENNANIGANS I SAY!

Edited by gaggle64

While I never quite understood the dislike for the Matrix sequels, and while I was surprised to realize that films like Spider-Man 3 and Pirates 3 also disappointed many people, I have accepted that this is the case ...

and most Pixar films that aren't Toy Story

... This, however, I refuse to understand. Maybe with the exception of Cars, I don't get how anyone can be disappointed in anything Pixar has ever made.

Toy Story is their least impressive film to me (except of course Cars).

Well, I don't agree with that, but each to his own.

Perhaps not dissapointed, but somewhat underwhelmed.

I don't think any of there subsequent films have matched the brilliance of the Toy Story series.

I also heavily disagree with that, but yeah, each to his own. I personally think the concepts of for instance The Incredibles, Monsters, Inc. and Ratatouille were absolutely brilliant. Not only that, but the humour and messages in those films are great as well.

I never believe Chair when he says Toy Story is his least favourite (bar cars). It's as though I know he'll one day rewatch it and realise it was just a case of "old thing that isn't as interesting to think about as the new and current one" syndrome. If that makes sense. Cause I watched it a few weeks ago, and it's brilliant. So are 2 and 3. It's better than Incredibles. And Nemo. And Wall-E, if we stop lying to each other.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!