NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

A few days ago I bought the Humble Game Maker bundle...

https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-bundle

I haven't got around to using it yet but it certainly sounded like a good deal in any case.

Thought I'd post here in case anyone else was interested.

@Ashley? I know you've already made a game but having an additional set of tools probably wouldn't hurt if you don't have Game Maker already. :)

Anyway, just under a week to go for the bundle, it's around £12 for everything, it looks like it would otherwise cost at least a few hundred to purchase. : peace:

I did see that and probably wouldn't use game maker but tempted for the source code stuff to see what others do!

I too invested in that bundle also. I now have two Game Maker Studio licenses. Like Ashley I am interested in seeing the source code in action.

I also backed a Kickstarter where some guy is teaching you how to make an RPG in Game Maker on Udemy. It's kinda advanced apparently so I plan to work my way through the tutorials first.

Fantastic choice of movies there, @Nolan. Only watched The Grand Budapest Hotel the other week on Netflix and loved it. Wasn't quite how I thought it was going to play out but it was a brilliant movie. Must get round to watching Moonrise Kingdom myself, I've got it sitting around somewhere.

Anyway, after going back and forth on this for years, I finally decided to pick these up:

517MlmZ7z2L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

V_for_vendettax.jpg

Don't know why, but with me reading a lot more, I've had a hankering for trying these, especially the former as that's the main one I've been interested in reading for ages. Decided to take the dip and see how it goes but so far, I'm finding The Sandman really interesting. And V for Vendetta is more because I love the movie so I thought I'd take the time to read the original source. Now looking at what to get next to read after these.

Fantastic choice of movies there, @Nolan. Only watched The Grand Budapest Hotel the other week on Netflix and loved it. Wasn't quite how I thought it was going to play out but it was a brilliant movie. Must get round to watching Moonrise Kingdom myself, I've got it sitting around somewhere.

Anyway, after going back and forth on this for years, I finally decided to pick these up:

517MlmZ7z2L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

V_for_vendettax.jpg

Don't know why, but with me reading a lot more, I've had a hankering for trying these, especially the former as that's the main one I've been interested in reading for ages. Decided to take the dip and see how it goes but so far, I'm finding The Sandman really interesting. And V for Vendetta is more because I love the movie so I thought I'd take the time to read the original source. Now looking at what to get next to read after these.

Moonrise Kingdom is probably one of my favorites now that I've seen it. It's just such a grand happy film with well placed comedy.

Haven't yet seen Grand Budapest Hotel though, and Pans Labyrinth is an old favorite I should have bought ages ago.

I have V for Vendetta, but never finished reading it. Didn't grasp me very well :/

Managed to get a good deal on the Xbox One S so I figured it was worth it for the few exclusive games I want to play that I cant do on PC (still not sold on the Windows Store) despite my bad experience last time.

en-INTL-L-PDP0-XboxOneS-FIFA-17-Bundle-1tb-234-00027-RM1-mnco.png51O0QLluCHL._AC_UL320_SR256,320_.jpghalo-master-chief-collection-game-for-xbox-one.jpg

Few preorders as well:

11304207-2924397550947376.jpg11135987-6034419243656682.jpg

I havent played a Gears game since the first one so figured it was time to give it another try.

What was your bad experience last time?

That I didnt like the Xbox One dashboard and I had issues with downloading/installing games. They were known issues though so hopefully they will have been fixed by now and as its not my main console I'll just live with the dash.

There were probably more complaints I had at the time but if I try to remember them I'll probably talk myself into cancelling the order lol

You might still dislike it. In my opinion and experience even post update the Xbox One OS is sluggish and a rather poor user experience.

You might still dislike it. In my opinion and experience even post update the Xbox One OS is sluggish and a rather poor user experience.

Oh yeah to be honest I still expect to dislike the dash itself. I just hope they stopped the problems people like myself had with installing games and downloading updates at the same time. I used to have to disconnect from the Internet just so I could install a game otherwise the installer and updater would keep getting in each others way and nothing would finish.

steamworld-heist-ps-vita-ps4-release.jpg

For PS4/PSVita. Bought the DLC, too, for a total of 13€. (the full game and the DLC are 50% off).

Was in the mood for some turn-based goodness on my Vita and this game is supposed to be good and entirely skill based. : peace:

Screen-Shot-2016-03-03-at-7.29.36-PM-428x600.pngG37962.jpgamiibo_nintendo_super_mario_collection_peach_figur.jpg

Picross 3D 2 has these amiibo puzzles...I'm just buying these for that. I need another 4 I think though.

A few boardgames, Kickstarted a few months ago

zqrVv20.jpg

Estimated delivery was November 2016.

It's that time of year when I go to Sports Direct and renew my Airwalk trainers.

24242003_xxl.jpg

Boom. Image may differ from actual product.

Fuck @Daft (and my terrible willpower)

65" Sony XBR930D (XD93 U.K. Modelnumber.) and a Klipsch soundbar.

Now I shall go live off Ramen noodles in glourious 4k

Don't ever let someone try and convince you wall mounting a 65" TV by yourself is an easy task.

Edited by Nolan