NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Can't wait to get my hands on it. What made you go for the 600D?
Actually I say that, I just need to decide whether it's any more worthwhile going for the 60D, but in terms of either model... a combination of things really.

Faster continuous shooting than the equivalent Nikon... something that'll prove handy the more I try my hand at Motorsport photography. I like the protected flip out screen making it far easier to take over the top of crowd shots, or low level shots when it's not convientient to lie on the ground. Plus on top of being a great camera it's got great video functionality as well, easy time lapse etc...

Edited by Retro_Link

Actually I say that, I just need to decide whether it's any more worthwhile going for the 60D, but in terms of either model... a combination of things really.

Faster continuous shooting than the equivalent Nikon... something that'll prove handy the more I try my hand at Motorsport photography. I like the protected flip out screen making it far easier to take over the top of crowd shots, or low level shots when it's not convientient to lie on the ground. Plus on top of being a great camera it's got great video functionality as well, easy time lapse etc...

Nice. I'm in it mainly for the video. Was going to get the 550D but the more I thought about it the more I realised the swivel screen is just a little too useful.

I was looking into the custom Magic Lantern firmware for it. Got any idea about it?

Nice. I'm in it mainly for the video. Was going to get the 550D but the more I thought about it the more I realised the swivel screen is just a little too useful.

I was looking into the custom Magic Lantern firmware for it. Got any idea about it?

It'll be great for video! The screen's brilliant.

Not really no, I've come across the wiki page before http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Release_2011Dec22 (I imagine you've seen that) but not looked into it properly.

Yeah, seen that. It looks pretty easy to do so I might give it a go. Would be nice if they could crank up the 720p fps. 60fps is good enough but you can never have enough frames. :heh:

Those features listed are new to the update, right? Any idea what the previous features were? I might be being super lame but I can find a list.

Edit: Duurh, found a list. http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Unified/UserGuide#Features

Edited by Daft

Yeah, seen that. It looks pretty easy to do so I might give it a go. Would be nice if they could crank up the 720p fps. 60fps is good enough but you can never have enough frames. :heh:

Those features listed are new to the update, right? Any idea what the previous features were? I might be being super lame but I can find a list.

Can definately never have enough frames! :D

There's a news feed on this page that I'm guessing is a list of the updates:

http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Lantern_Firmware_Wiki

I'm gonna have to look into this more! I hadn't really read about it before, but it looks really interesting, there seems to be some great stuff!

EDIT: Oh well done! :p

My friend has that and he says it's not very good.

I BOUGHT A DVD DRIVE:

DVD_drive_repair.jpg

My friend has that and he says it's not very good.

What's not good? The Magic Lantern firmware?

I don't know.

I was just being an idiot.

I expected you'd just reply with a gif.

Reply to this with a gif to restore order please.

Steam sale:

Counter_Strike_Source_Wallpape_by_louSgfx.jpg

And now it is mine!

Another game to add to the pile of games I've recently come into posession of and need to play. S'around about 13 now, including the Ambassador games.

Holy shit balls, too many quotes.

Goafer - £140 pretty present last of 2011.

Playing counter strike tomorrow whoop whoop.

Goafer - £140 pretty present last of 2011.

Well that puts mine to shame price wise. Looks like it's worth the money though.

Well that puts mine to shame price wise. Looks like it's worth the money though.

It better be. :D

Bestbuy was closing down, so got this for £5

51MuNyB81sL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BookWeddingEtiquette.jpg

also bought issue 1 of the ultimate graphic novels collection: Spiderman Coming Home

Hopefully you'll be able to save. :heh:

(Needs more expansion packs, by the way.)

What server do you go on?

None atm, if you find a decent one, tell me.

trine-2-hd-wallpapers.jpeg

Steam is dangerous for my bank balance

I still haven't downloaded all the games I've bought. There's too many damnit.

I sure hope Virgin Media's fair usage policy is flexible...

I only bought two games in the Steam sale last year.

Although I still haven't played most of the ones I bought in last year's sale.