NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Plants VS Zombies DS

_-Plants-vs-Zombies-DS-_.jpg

This is more addictive than I thought it would be. Been playing this most of the evening. :)

Freakyforms your creations, alive! 3DS Ware

large.jpg

:grin:

I'm allergic to overrated rubbish..

Raisins_Face.jpg(That said, I've yet to connect with Ok Computer, despite it being my first Radiohead album. I have no personal feelings toward it the way I do for Kid A, for example. Still OBVIOUSLY stunning though.)

When will people learn that hotlink-prevention images don't work because the cache means the one person you're trying to reprimand doesn't see what they've done.

When will people learn that hotlink-prevention images don't work because the cache means the one person you're trying to reprimand doesn't see what they've done.

More places should make this their anti-hotlinking image.

Ok Computer is THE best Radiohead album. Fact.

The rest would probably make me slit my wrists then..

Powerful music.

I honestly find it extremely boring :zzz: I will give it a proper listen from start to finish some night with my headphones in but I can't see it winning me round :hmm:

The fact that a few of you have replied to my post to praise the album so highly only adds fuel to the 'vastly overrated' fire :heh:

The amount of times I see people on here saying that Lady Gaga or whatever else is on Top of the Pops being amazing...

I honestly find it extremely boring :zzz: I will give it a proper listen from start to finish some night with my headphones in but I can't see it winning me round :hmm:

The fact that a few of you have replied to my post to praise the album so highly only adds fuel to the 'vastly overrated' fire :heh:

yorke_thom.jpg

I'm not listening. :p

The rest would probably make me slit my wrists then..

You should definitely give In Rainbows a go though. It's probably their 2nd most accessible album after The Bends. But I prefer it. :heh:

The amount of times I see people on here saying that Lady Gaga or whatever else is on Top of the Pops being amazing...

Lady Gaga musically is no different to any other pop singer. Her many 'quirks' doesn't change her music, although people seem to think it makes it so much more.

Fuck me, I thought I'd accidentally clicked on the music thread for a minute.

_-The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-PS3-_.jpg

I forget that these mega threads (which supposedly died a death) are for simply splurting out a single post.

Ok Computer is THE best Radiohead album. Fact.

Although The Bends is also great.

Ok Computer is regarded by many as the better album, but The Bends will always be my favourite one. :)

Nando, what sorta stuff are you into?

I don't really know how anything like Paranoid Android or Karma Police can be seen (or heard, aha) as boring. They're brilliant. :awesome:

Lady Gaga musically is no different to any other pop singer. Her many 'quirks' doesn't change her music, although people seem to think it makes it so much more.
Hmm tbh, the fact that she can sing (and different genre's), writes her own music, plays the piano... sets her apart from some other pop singers... her creativity in style/fashion/videos, reinventivness, the fact she isn't afraid to push boundaries, invests all her own money back into her work and productions, raises awareness of issues through her lyrics and campaigns for human rights... is what makes her more.

Hmm tbh, the fact that she can sing (and different genre's), writes her own music, plays the piano... sets her apart from some other pop singers... her creativity in style/fashion/videos, reinventivness, the fact she isn't afraid to push boundaries, invests all her own money back into her work and productions, raises awareness of issues through her lyrics and campaigns for human rights... is what makes her more.

Is it 'reinventiness' if you just dress up in crazy shit all the time? Madonna reinvents her look, Lady Gaga just has a 'throw all sorts of shit together' look.

True, it puts her above your average X-Factor winner. All those other qualities may make her a better person but that don't factor into her music.

Is it 'reinventiness' if you just dress up in crazy shit all the time? Madonna reinvents her look, Lady Gaga just has a 'throw all sorts of shit together' look.
I suppose maybe she hasn't been around long enough to call in reinventiveness yet... more ability to constantly surprise.

But then I guess it's how you look at it anyway.

How much did Madonna really reinventied herself... she tried some new/different things along the way and had to change with the times if she was gonna stay remotely relevant.

True, it puts her above your average X-Factor winner. All those other qualities may make her a better person but that don't factor into her music.
So what then are you looking for, I don't understand?

If she does more than your average singer... what is it she's not doing... other than making music that you yourself might not like?

I suppose maybe she hasn't been around long enough to call in reinventiveness yet... more ability to constantly surprise.

But then I guess it's how you look at it anyway.

How much did Madonna really reinventied herself... she tried some new/different things along the way and had to change with the times if she was gonna stay remotely relevant.

So what then are you looking for, I don't understand?

If she does more than your average singer... what is it she's not doing... other than making music that you yourself might not like?

I'm not looking for anything. I only wish that when people talk about her musically, they don't factor in anything else she does. Her music is no different than run of the mill pop. Now there's nothing with that, but it's not the new dawn like some idiots like to claim.

I meant she's better than X-Factor as a generic example, as the majority of them don't write their own stuff. She's certainly no better than someone like Kelly Clarkson, yet that comment would no doubt outrage people because Clarkson doesn't arrive at award shows in a giant egg or wearing a dress made of meat.

Edited by Jon

I'm not looking for anything. I only wish that when people talk about her musically, they don't factor in anything else does. Her music is no different run of the mill pop. Now there's nothing with that, but it's not the new dawn like some idiots like to claim.

I meant she's better than X-Factor as a generic example, as the majority of them don't write their own stuff. She's certainly no better than someone like Kelly Clarkson, yet that comment would no doubt outrage people because Clarkson doesn't arrive at award shows in a gain egg or wait a dress made of meat.

Yeah no that's fair enough, to take your example Kelly Clarkson has an incredible voice (although you have to remember she too came from American Idol so those shows do find talent).

Vocally Kelly Clarkson might have the better voice, though Gaga can also belt 'em out when she has too... but Giant Eggs aside... I'd say Lady Gaga's music is more exploratory... and therefore different to your run of the mill pop. If you listen to the Born This Way album it exlores all types of genre's and pushes boundaries/takes risks with song choices that the likes of Britney/Leona Lewis/Pixie Lott etc... wouldn't dream of chancing.

Nando, what sorta stuff are you into?

Well, for the last couple of years I've mainly been listening to Fightstar, The Strokes and Bloc Party (though I maybe don't listen to the latter as much as I used to, even though I still enjoy their music and am awaiting their return.. hopefully with Kele on board :eek:)

I've also enjoyed stuff like +44 and Angels & Airwaves recently along with some of Julian Casablancas' solo material.. though my album of 2011 is easily Young Pilgrim by Charlie Simpson.

I don't really know how anything like Paranoid Android or Karma Police can be seen (or heard, aha) as boring. They're brilliant. :awesome:

Well.. everyone said the album was one of the best ever, then I listened to it and it just isn't. Karma Police is clearly one of the better tracks on OK Computer but you've been so starved of quality up until that point that you'll basically accept anything as brilliant :indeed:

Well, for the last couple of years I've mainly been listening to Fightstar, The Strokes and Bloc Party (though I maybe don't listen to the latter as much as I used to, even though I still enjoy their music and am awaiting their return.. hopefully with Kele on board :eek:)

I've also enjoyed stuff like +44 and Angels & Airwaves recently along with some of Julian Casablancas' solo material.. though my album of 2011 is easily Young Pilgrim by Charlie Simpson.

Shame there was only one +44 album, It's one of my favourites. Although Blink being back kind of makes up for it. Have you listened to Box Car Racer? A band made up of Tom and Travis from Blink and Dave from A&A. They only had one album but it's pretty decent, more darker than Blink but not as 'experimental' as A&A.