NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

gmp05.cover_p1_p1.jpg

GamesMaster Presents the Legend of Zelda celebrates 25 years of this iconic game.

Read the whole story from that first screen and 'The Spirit of Adventure' to the Wii U, galloping across Hyrule’s changing but familiar landscape like Epona on max carrots, reuniting the Triforce only for it to be repeatedly snapped in three like some sort of golden nacho chip as we celebrate this truly legendary series.

That's one souped up laptop. Bet it cost a bit with the i7?

You'd think so wouldn't you but it only cost £675 including delivery. Couldn't believe it. I was looking at an i5 laptop and almost bought it and that would have been the same price but with a smaller HDD and a slightly lower spec GFX card - the GT540M.

But seeing the i5 2410m doesn't score much above my desktop's Q6600 in benchmarks, whereas the i7 2630qm is over twice that, made it seem a no brainer.

And yet, looking around, you can't get anything close to that power for that price it seems.

Edited by Captain Falcon

god thats crazy... i paid nearly 900 for mine (same modelish) and its got an i5 m560. The i7's were stratospherically expensive back in Dec/Jan!

I'm looking at a desktop with i5 for just under 600! That's a very tidy deal, I can't seem to find a pre-build with a 1tb harddrive or over with i5 or i7 though, it's driving me crazy (except the one I've seen.) i5 doesn't bother me at all, but i7 would be nice!

Yeah, it was deal they had on which ended yesterday - plus I had a code for an extra 10% off. The closest specced one to that is now £829 (though the 10% thing is valid until the end of the month) and that has a a 750GB HDD.

In all fairness, they had one with a slightly more powerful one GFX card but less storage (only 500GB) for £647 after discount but they sold out before I could buy it. I'm still pretty pleased though.

As for i5s and i7s the desktop versions are more powerful and feature more cores than the laptop ones. An i5 2500k would see a 15%+ increase over the i7 I'll be using. Consequently, you would need the next range up on a laptop to keep pace with a desktop if you are wanting as a replacement, which I am.

You've got to be doing some pretty serious computing to need an i7 on a desktop unless you really just want bragging rights :p But for £600, you should still be able to find something that out performs that.

file_20.jpg

Been meaning to buy a new one since I had mine stolen while working at McDonalds lost it over a year ago. Just shy of £20 and it now comes with two bracelets.

Very vague about delivery times though but oh well. It'll get here eventually.

Acer-emachines-er1401-468x350.jpg

Was going to get this last week, but glad I didn't because it came down £20 on ebuyer's ebay outlet today :D

Going to mount it to the back of my TV and use it as my main media player, maybe put XBMC on it.

Yeah, it was deal they had on which ended yesterday - plus I had a code for an extra 10% off. The closest specced one to that is now £829 (though the 10% thing is valid until the end of the month) and that has a a 750GB HDD.

In all fairness, they had one with a slightly more powerful one GFX card but less storage (only 500GB) for £647 after discount but they sold out before I could buy it. I'm still pretty pleased though.

As for i5s and i7s the desktop versions are more powerful and feature more cores than the laptop ones. An i5 2500k would see a 15%+ increase over the i7 I'll be using. Consequently, you would need the next range up on a laptop to keep pace with a desktop if you are wanting as a replacement, which I am.

You've got to be doing some pretty serious computing to need an i7 on a desktop unless you really just want bragging rights :p But for £600, you should still be able to find something that out performs that.

I think it's more just the amount of crap I run, specifically 3dsmax, wow and videos running pretty much at the same time, although luckily/unluckily max takes more damage towards the ram than anything else.

Luckily the guys have saved the day - as always and replied in my thread, I could easily get an upgrade to i7 for about 60quid I think? But I'm not entirely sure if it's worth it as it pushes me up to over my 600quid budget! Boo.

_-Dead-Island-PS3-_.jpg

Something I know all my mates will get so looking forward to the Zombie killing co-op goodness.

541763-clannad_after_story_dvd__us_version_.jpg

I didn't watch After Story when it was airing, so I never felt I completed the series so I felt I should since Clannad season 1 was one of my all time favourite anime, wasn't cheap either I can tell you. £42!

81OO95NWxxL._AA1500_.jpg

Because my Sony Earphones packed in, so I decided to go back to headphones and again Sony are very good for cheap goods I think.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I bought a cheap (€20), second hand telescope! Whooooo!

I've always wanted a telescope and saw this one and just felt like I had to get it! Took me a while to finally decide on getting it though, but yay!

Now I'm just hoping it actually works and doesn't suck. =P

Guess I'll try it tomorrow haha.

I purchased some prescriptions for a cost of £0... god love the n.ireland nhs system...yaaaahoo. Paying for prescriptions was a very costly part of my life... lol

I bought some clothes as well, at a cost of £77. By fuck I hate fat peoples clothes, and I swear to god i never again want to hand over £30 for a pair of jeans that have the same quality as stuff from primark! I'm borderline normal peoples clothes so soon I won't have to if I get my ass into gear after my holiday :)

541763-clannad_after_story_dvd__us_version_.jpg

I didn't watch After Story when it was airing, so I never felt I completed the series so I felt I should since Clannad season 1 was one of my all time favourite anime, wasn't cheap either I can tell you. £42!

I hope you realise that After Story is absurdly better than season 1 (which was good, but standard fare). Although the first few episodes of AS are just random nonsense.

I hope you realise that After Story is absurdly better than season 1 (which was good, but standard fare). Although the first few episodes of AS are just random nonsense.

What can I say, I enjoy standard fare. :p

The characters are what truly makes Clannad great for me though, not really one I don't like and the school setting was a joy for me to watch. I'm aware that the After Story is where shit really hits the fan in terms of drama and tragedy, so in a sense I am glad that the start of Clannad can be less serious whilst still dramatic, the emotions might not have been able to take it.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I'm sure Clannad is a great thing, but the design of that brown-haired girl is still one of the most hideous character designs I've ever seen.

I remember having a debate/he was needlessly angry with The Villan about that on these boards. Really can't bear those giant eyes - that one character I've seen from Clannad takes it to the extreme.

I'm sure Clannad is a great thing, but the design of that brown-haired girl is still one of the most hideous character designs I've ever seen.

I remember having a debate/he was needlessly angry with The Villan about that on these boards. Really can't bear those giant eyes - that one character I've seen from Clannad takes it to the extreme.

It's worse in Kanon I'll tell you that much on the eye front.

Yeah, the anime style takes some getting used to in general, but Key (and KyoAni adaptations of their stuff) take it to the extreme. Even when you're used to it you still get the odd moment of cognitive dissonance where you have to try and suppress the fact that they look like insects. :heh:

Edited by Supergrunch

Oh £85, that isn't toooo bad really.

That shitty Gears3 one with the statue is like £100 isn't it and you don't get half as much good shit than in the Sonic one? (Oh. Just checked. No its got a lot. I was misinformed)

Plus the Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition is £104. But you do get a sexy wooden box which I hope/assume is high quality.

£990

302946_10150803918905581_509970580_20724336_561336677_n.jpg

I think I'm being persuaded not to....

(I would have done no question, but the colour goes with hardly any of my plans)

....However, I am strongly considering the Flashpoint Batman logo on the roof.