N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

Got.

Got.

Got.

Got.

Dannyboy, you and your Blu-Ray collection is amazing. Although I must admit I'm a little bit disgusted and concerned that you still seem to have neglected the purchasing of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Also

Sucker Punch is so good it makes me cry and ejaculate everywhere.

I have many Blu-rays I need to acquire, and thus I work my way through them, slowly, but surely, in accordance with my mood. Rest assured that I will get to Nolan's Batman films eventually. :)

Insidious-Cover-Art.jpg

crank-2-high-voltage-blu-ray-555316-large.jpg

Insidious was actually pretty good. Got a bit shit in places (mainly towards the end), but some of the set pieces were good. Crank is always a nice bit of silly fun. Plus Amy Smart.

No one died. Odd for a horror movie. Quite liked that it didn't rely on creepy deaths for scares.

Except the one at the very end for the twist, obviously.

People who criticise Sucker Punch don't deserve to have seen it.

It's not very good.

If it had more of a sense of knowing about it, or was just more camp or just fun, then we could talk.

I'm all for stylised/glossy rubbish, mediocre or bad films that have a style that makes them stunning in that respect. Like, Batman and Robin is an amazing film when you start to accept the world it's set in and everything that happens. It's hilare./stunn'.

It's just like...don't make a bad film that takes itself seriously, plz.

God I hope Man of Steel is good. I have a feeling it will be (not on Nolan's Batman level though).

Contact lenses product: €11

Bausch-Lomb-Renu-Solution.png

Art supplies: €52

Ouch! Didn't even get to buy half of what I needed/wanted. =(

Trip to Spain in two weeks: plane ticket + rental car = €243

Yay holiday! And straight after that I'm off to Disneyland haha. Not gonna be home much in October.

I really expected to like Sucker Punch but it just felt like the ultimate all style no substance movie.

This is pretty much all I'm expecting from it. I figure I won't be disappointed then, though I have to admit I expect to like it, so if I don't ... well, I guess I will be disappointed then.

(Also note that both the theatrical and extended editions are on the Blu-ray I've ordered. Allegedly the extended edition is supposed to be better.)

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

This is pretty much all I'm expecting from it. I figure I won't be disappointed then, though I have to admit I expect to like it, so if I don't ... well, I guess I will be disappointed then.

(Also note that both the theatrical and extended editions are on the Blu-ray I've ordered. Allegedly the extended edition is supposed to be better.)

It wasn't just that though. I also knew it would most likely be that as well. I just don't think it was a good movie and the main actress was pretty crap in it.