NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

If I really want a cheap night I'll just get myself 3 litres of Frosty Jacks. It taste no worse than say, Strongbow, is strong and bloody cheap. Admittedly, SB taste terrible too, but so do most ciders.

Are you mental in the face? Sure SB isn't the greatest tasting drink but Frosty Jack's is the most disgusting thing I've ever had in my mouth.

Are you mental in the face? Sure SB isn't the greatest tasting drink but Frosty Jack's is the most disgusting thing I've ever had in my mouth.

Hmmmm. I was exaggerating a bit but I just really think Strongbow is shit. If you're gonna drink that kind of cheap/crap alcohol, may as well make it strong. I have a particular dislike for Strongbow now as well since it was all I drank from the ages of 16-18.

The only ciders which seem to be any good (and they are very good) are the individual bottles you get in the supermarket. Like Henry Weston's for example. Most others (with the possible exception of Magners) just taste like an imitation of alcopops compared to those ciders.

BattlestarGalactica_ThePlan.jpg

£8

Probably shouldn't be buying myself things, but I've waited ages to see this.

Hmmmm. I was exaggerating a bit but I just really think Strongbow is shit. If you're gonna drink that kind of cheap/crap alcohol, may as well make it strong. I have a particular dislike for Strongbow now as well since it was all I drank from the ages of 16-18.

The only ciders which seem to be any good (and they are very good) are the individual bottles you get in the supermarket. Like Henry Weston's for example. Most others (with the possible exception of Magners) just taste like an imitation of alcopops compared to those ciders.

Most of the Weston's range is lovely. Personal favourite being organic.

strongbow is profoundly gross. It's far, far too sweet and leaves you with a horrible layering of sugar and fuck knows what else all over your teeth.

I had a really nice pear cider in All Bar One on Wednesday. Presume an 'own brand' kind of thing because I've never seen it before. That or rare. But awesome nonetheless.

DPSA122.jpg

That's right. A Papier mache tortoise. For my girlfriend. We went to a farm market stall museum thing today and when the girls were separated us boys decided to buy presents for our wenches because we're stupid like that. Before she spotted us sitting down, she went via the same stall and bout the same thing. ONLY MINE WAS MASSIVE.

That isn't what she says very often.

But anyway.

What?

That's right.

The vendor did not sell her products. They were prizes, and three five-minute rounds had to be endured, Human-Spider style!

*hopes that reference is correct*

very late to the party...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh0V9Fxdk4dNomMBHRVrCDVju5qE64A6luJH3pPVuc9A3pCEYL

and playing it on veteran.... i Hate it :)

I had a really nice pear cider in All Bar One on Wednesday. Presume an 'own brand' kind of thing because I've never seen it before. That or rare. But awesome nonetheless.

All Bar One is heinously expensive.

Was in town this afternoon and popped into GAME for the first time in months..

OtherM.jpg

I came out with that :heh:

I bought this

thumb-logitech-gt-wheel-005.jpg

in anticipation for this arriving next week

Gran-Turismo-5-Collectors-Edition-1.jpg

Though I don't have a desk, so at the moment it's set up on the ironing board.

photo11aw.jpg

All Bar One is heinously expensive.

£18 for calamari, some veggie dipper-like things, chips and two drinks isn't too bad.

You're heinously expensive!

Where?! I still need Series 2, but at that price, I'll take the box set of both...

yup was instore from Fopp, £20 in HMV (interesting since HMV own Fopp)

£18 for calamari, some veggie dipper-like things, chips and two drinks isn't too bad.

You're heinously expensive!

Are we talking about the one nearish Oxford Circus? I suppose its cause I've only ever been there for drinks, and places do tend to give something of a concession if you're buying drinks for a meal. But that's still expensive. Maybe I'll bump into you there one day :heh:.

Two baby girl guinea pigs. Or so I was told. I am scarred. The boy will be swapped tomorrow. Though the deed may well have already been done...