NEurope
Diageo

Super Smash Bros Brawl Mafia

This temp net is rubbish, connection fails 6/10 times. Hence my silence, it isn't because i am avoiding N-E and the game in question.

Anyway

I havn't got anything to add/say on the first night.

I havn't got anything to add/say on the first night.

Thats good, it lines up nicely with the rules. :p

I haven't got a few PM's so I will wait until 11:00pm.

Night descended on the town and everyone returned to their homes. A blue character glowed, affecting two people immensely. Across the town, a woman carries her dress and runs to help her friend. She stands in front of a character in boots, but he does not seem to be himself. She pulls out a companion, but nothing happens.

Another female is conversing with a red dressed individual. She hears a strange noise. Spikes poke out from the bushes and a soothing lullaby is heard. Sensing her immediate danger she whisks her companion away in a flurry of magic and they both reappear safely elsewhere.

Meanwhile a third female holds her arm and begins to glow, she stands perfectly still, conserving her energy. She does not notice but a blue blur dashes past her.

A large-nosed character decides to affect a blue haired man, but the man is acting strangely, he seems to think he is a pilot. As the large-nosed character leaves, a brown cloud is left in his wake.

The thief looks for his target in the night. Finding only a shell on the ground he returns to his manor, failing his plot.

In his green tunic, the hero pulls out his trusty boomerang. As he readies to throw it, he feels a sharp shock and falls to the ground paralysed. He drops his boomerang. A green character appears out of a tree. Stomping down on the hero with all his might. Stars fly outwards as a pool of blood appears on the ground. The green character flees just as the sun begins to rise.

Cube is dead, he was the Hero of Time, Link. He was a townie.

link_070523c-l.jpg

He had the power to throw his Gale Boomerang to blow characters out of the way.

Day 2 Begins

Participants:

-Cube

-Zell

-Jonnas

-dan-likes-trees

-ReZourceman

-Dannyboy-the-Dane

-MadDog

-jayseven

-Mundi

-SPAMBOT4000

-Nintendohnut

-Rummy

-Paj Meen Ah

-Dyson

-Jimbob

-Sméagol

-Tellyn

-Eenuh

-Ellmeister

Current amount of players

Majority is 10

Cube, if you wish to take the place of an inactive player, you are more than welcome.

Edited by Diageo
Automerged Doublepost

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

If soemone is inactive, I'd love to take their place.

Zell hasn't been active in other games, so Diageo is probably taking the "no shit" approach.

Well damn! Zell died! :p

And double damn! Was Luigi the killer?

Ah, i couldn't think of a Green character. Luigi it must be.

No it's definitely Yoshi, makes complete sense, I love Yoshi, except in the Smash Brothers games, with is annoying junp-kick move thingy. I really hate that little fucker there.

Anyway, hmm.. I'm not sure if being familiar with the theme will make this harder or easier.

Breakdown in a minute.

No it's definitely Yoshi, makes complete sense, I love Yoshi, except in the Smash Brothers games, with is annoying junp-kick move thingy. I really hate that little fucker there.

Anyway, hmm.. I'm not sure if being familiar with the theme will make this harder or easier.

Breakdown in a minute.

Yoshi, heh? It is possible, I guess. I always forget he exists :heh:

I'll still go with Luigi, though. I can't see why Yoshi would be in a mafia. At least Luigi has that Negative Zone-thingy, which links him to evil.

First of all, I own all the Smash Brothers games, but there's only a handful of characters I actually play with, or played with rather, haven't touched any of them for a long time. Not familiar with a lot of movesets.. I'm not kidding, Ellmeister, Jigglypuff is actually my second favourite character after Samus :D :p.

[..] A blue character glowed, affecting two people immensely.

I don't know, sounds like Lucario with some psychic ability to me, but I'm not familiar with Lucario's moveset. It's definitely not Sonic, but there are other candidates (?). I don't know anything about non-G1 Pokémon, that might make the next Pokemon mafia hard for me if I join in :D. Anyway, to be honest, which exact character it is isn't as import as the player behind it, and what ability is shown here. Noteworthy is the fact that it affects 2 players, although it doesn't mention anyhting else.. So probably not a redirector or somehting. Roleswitcher or something? meh, too early to tell.

Across the town, a woman carries her dress and runs to help her friend. She stands in front of a character in boots, but he does not seem to be himself. She pulls out a companion, but nothing happens.

The woman is Peach, with some supportive ability. The other character.. Well there are various characters wearing boots. I wonder what's bothering him/her though. Perhaps the ability above?

Another female is conversing with a red dressed individual. She hears a strange noise. Spikes poke out from the bushes and a soothing lullaby is heard. Sensing her immediate danger she whisks her companion away in a flurry of magic and they both reappear safely elsewhere.

Hmm, there are various characters with varying degrees of red in their clothing, but Diddy Kong fits this description the most. The woman.. Some sort of magical teleport move, seems to suggest Zelda. Also some protective ability. Spikes is bit weird, but they probably describe Jigglypuff's ears, because Bowser certainly doesn't sing soothing lullabies. The mafia effect isn't revealed here, but looking at what Sing does in Smash Brothers, this can only be either a roleblock or silence ability, I'm guessing the former.

Meanwhile a third female holds her arm and begins to glow, she stands perfectly still, conserving her energy. She does not notice but a blue blur dashes past her.

Most definitely Samus using her charge move and Sonic.

Ha ha, I think Diageo is taking a cue from his own character in the DIY one for this one.. Most likely a redirector, who failed because Samus isn't targeting at the moment..

A large-nosed character decides to affect a blue haired man, but the man is acting strangely, he seems to think he is a pilot. As the large-nosed character leaves, a brown cloud is left in his wake.

Most definitely Wario, and probably Ike or Marth, I think Ike is more likely. I wonder what's up with him though, just like the character above, acting strangely. Perhaps these ARE the 2 targets of some psychic ability of Lucario? Someone has to help me out here.

The thief looks for his target in the night. Finding only a shell on the ground he returns to his manor, failing his plot.

Hmm, no wait, I'm changing my mind here, the shell may actually Yoshi, I first assumed he was the killer. With some sort of shield ability to protect himself. The other must be Ganondorf. I wonder if plot means he has a seperate win condition? Probably not.

In his green tunic, the hero pulls out his trusty boomerang. As he readies to throw it, he feels a sharp shock and falls to the ground paralysed. He drops his boomerang. A green character appears out of a tree. Stomping down on the hero with all his might. Stars fly outwards as a pool of blood appears on the ground. The green character flees just as the sun begins to rise.

Link dies, but he seems not only to be targeted by the mafia, but by probably Pikachu as well, probably the town roleblocker then I guess. First I though the killer was Yoshi like I said, but it's more likely Yoshi has something to do with the shell above, so that leaves us with Luigi.

So, what info do we got? :p

Actually I think thats probably a double mafia hit. Roleblock him to stop any powers defensive powers he might have and then kill him to ensure it hits. Cube would be one of the most dangerous players (and I actually think its harsh him often being an early target...but meh)

But anyway.

So Bowser is mafia killer/mafia/probable mafia don. And they have Pikachu possibly, to mix it up. Or it COULD be the blue character glowing at the beginning and unleashing at the end, but thats a long shot (Lucario)

Hey Cube, got turned into a trophy, did ya? :p

Anyway, my theories:

1-Manaphy is the blue Pokémon, which explains why Ike/Marth thought he was a pilot (Fox/Capt. Falcon?)

2-I didn't notice Link's electric shock at first, I thought it was just a blow to the spine (that paralysed him). Possible that Pikachu is mafia, he's a pokémon after all. Maybe Samus too, considering their connection in SSBB's story mode.

3-The lullaby thing confuses me. Why spikes? And Sméagol, why do you think Jigglypuff is mafia? If anything, I think Jigglypuff is the town roleblocker (considering Pikachu is probably the mafia roleblocker). If Zelda (yeah, it's gotta be her) prevented that, we can assume she protects from anything.

Great post, smeagol!

I'm uncertain of how to interpret the "friend" and "companion";

cross the town, a woman carries her dress and runs to help her friend. She stands in front of a character in boots, but he does not seem to be himself. She pulls out a companion, but nothing happens.

The character in boots could be a pilot from the starfox games, who has been confused/switched roles with the ike/marsh character later on.

If so, who would the woman be? It acts like Peach does (the 'companion' being toad), so in theory why would peach and starfoxguy be called 'friends'?

There's nothing but speculation on my part for now. Half-leads. I have no new information.

"Friends" might imply they're both on the same side? So if one of them is town, the other probably is too. Unless maybe they're somehow game related (same game series). But I think it means they're both on the same side.

If it were mafia it would most likely say something like partner or anything like that I think?

As for the killer, I thought it was Luigi at first too, with the stars coming out, but I'm really not sure. Could very well be Yoshi.

Not sure the shell is Yoshi, Yoshi hides in an egg, not a shell? The shell could be an item that was left there by someone.

I do think the blue character that glows is Lucario, I don't really see why there'd be another Pokémon being used.

Anyway apart from these ideas/musings, I don't really have much to go on.

I investigated ReZourceman last night and discovered him to be evil. I'd be willing to bet he was instrumental in the murder of Cube.

Vote: ReZourceman

I investigated ReZourceman last night and discovered him to be evil. I'd be willing to bet he was instrumental in the murder of Cube.

Vote: ReZourceman

Bullshit, I'm probably the most powerful townie, I'm willing to bet that Tellyn is a power investigator and has discovered my power.

I am Marth, I reflect night kills and have a one day delay roleblocking power.

Roleclaim Tellyn or a votes going on you.

I'd be willing to bet he was instrumental in the murder of Cube.

Basing that on what? If anyone tracked me they will see I didn't target anyone.

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost