NEurope
Diageo

Super Smash Bros Brawl Mafia

I

Night descended on the town and everyone returned to their homes. A blue character glowed(Manaphy? Lucario? Swap or confusion?), affecting two people immensely. Across the town, a woman carries her dress and runs to help her friend(Peach?). She stands in front of a character in boots, but he does not seem to be himself. She pulls out a companion(Toad, Protector?), but nothing happens(Why? RB or Not targetted?).

Another female(Zelda from following) is conversing with a red dressed individual(Mario, Diddy, Samus?, PkmnTrainer?, DDD?). She hears a strange noise. Spikes poke out from the bushes and a soothing lullaby is heard(Jigglypuff and sing?). Sensing her immediate danger she whisks her companion away in a flurry of magic and they both reappear safely elsewhere(Protector? Roleblocker?).

Meanwhile a third female holds her arm and begins to glow, she stands perfectly still, conserving her energy(Samus, no idea what she's doing. Tracking?). She does not notice but a blue blur dashes past her(Sonic, MetaKnight? Lucario? CapFalcon? Stealth power?).

A large-nosed character decides to affect a blue haired man(Wario/Olimar and Marth?), but the man is acting strangely, he seems to think he is a pilot(CaptainFalcon, Fox/Wolf/Falco?). As the large-nosed character leaves, a brown cloud is left in his wake.

The thief looks for his target in the night. Finding only a shell on the ground he returns to his manor(this confused me), failing his plot(Ganon/Yoshi/Squirtle? Yoshi/Squirtle are immune to something?).

In his green tunic, the hero pulls out his trusty boomerang. As he readies to throw it, he feels a sharp shock and falls to the ground paralysed(Pikachu? Roleblocker?). He drops his boomerang. A green character appears out of a tree. Stomping down on the hero with all his might(Luigi, Yoshi? ToonLink?). Stars(Kirby?) fly outwards as a pool of blood appears on the ground. The green character flees just as the sun begins to rise.

Cube is dead, he was the Hero of Time, Link. He was a townie.

link_070523c-l.jpg

He had the power to throw his Gale Boomerang to blow characters out of the way.

Yeah, I realise it's not great, but I'm just trying to put characters to events and account for everyone. I've assumed also that Diageo hasn't been tricky and brought colour/pallette swaps into things, cos I can't account for all of that lol. Also, I had a wonder about Kirby, and the fact he can steal powers/wear hats to indicate such, could he be able to be disguised as someone else? The stars in the killing made me wonder, and then I thought could he also be the green character, assuming someone else's identity?

Thats an interesting theory Rummy.

Also....if Tellyn is truthful and saying I was surrounded in brown smoke it could be that I am one of the two people "Immensely affected" by (Lucario?) at the beginning, and that my appearance was switched with someone Fox. Possibly.

HOLD THE FRAK UP

I'm Fox, you bastards.

Now let me analyse.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, please.

Why does everyone think Fox is mafia? Wolf's actually a SSB character.

Anyway, yeah, I'm Fox. Take it in.

Yes, please.

Why does everyone think Fox is mafia? Wolf's actually a SSB character.

Anyway, yeah, I'm Fox. Take it in.

Tellyn investigated ReZ. Result was: ReZ is Fox and it evil.

This now gives us two possibilities.

- ReZ is marth, but thinks he is Fox. ReZ is evil.

- ReZ is marth, but thinks he is Fox. Paj is evil.

ReZourcemans Mafia Suspect List

So Tellyn, does your investigating power give you name and alignment?

Oh, and would you consider yourself to have a big nose?

I ask because its strange that the only person noted as having targetted me in the write up is the big nosed person.

Name and alignment, and also my chosen disguise.

No, my nose is average-sized, as noses go.

Look more closely. The big-nosed one left behind a brown cloud.

I think we should go with Tellyn. There's no way you are that powerful ReZ, unkillable and lynchbomb, I call bullshit.

vote: rez

I think we should go with Tellyn. There's no way you are that powerful ReZ, unkillable and lynchbomb, I call bullshit.

vote: rez

And a day-delayed roleblock**

Tellyn investigated ReZ. Result was: ReZ is Fox and it evil.

This now gives us two possibilities.

- ReZ is marth, but thinks he is Fox. ReZ is evil.

- ReZ is marth, but thinks he is Fox. Paj is evil.

Well, why would I come out and say I was Fox if I was evil? I did it cause ReZ was being accused of being Fox. If I was evil, I'd let him take the fall surely...

And who gets two results in one action? Well, they could do, but seems really overpowered. It's likely a neutral power, cause it's too powerful for either "side" to have. Eyes on Tellyn plz.

Well, why would I come out and say I was Fox if I was evil? I did it cause ReZ was being accused of being Fox. If I was evil, I'd let him take the fall surely...

And who gets two results in one action? Well, they could do, but seems really overpowered. It's likely a neutral power, cause it's too powerful for either "side" to have. Eyes on Tellyn plz.

TBF I have the most powerful role I've ever seen.

I don't believe Rez at all. Sorry Rez but the fact that you're acting completely crazy isn't really helping your cause. I realise by voting I'll probably be added to Rez's suspect list but if he turns out to be mafia then is won't matter

One thing I'm confused about is tellyn and his removal of the vote. Why did you do this tellyn? I didn't really understand the theory behind it and being on my iPod again isn't helping matters. Anyway, I'll hold off only vote until tellyn explains himself :-)

I don't believe Rez at all. Sorry Rez but the fact that you're acting completely crazy isn't really helping your cause. I realise by voting I'll probably be added to Rez's suspect list but if he turns out to be mafia then is won't matter

It won't matter either way if I die. :p

One thing I'm confused about is tellyn and his removal of the vote. Why did you do this tellyn? I didn't really understand the theory behind it and being on my iPod again isn't helping matters. Anyway, I'll hold off only vote until tellyn explains himself :-)

Benefit of the doubt. Paj claims to be Fox, ReZ is adamant that he's Marth, something fishy goes on in the write-up involving (presumably) Olimar, and a blue-haired character being transformed into a "pilot", which fits into the situation in a strange way. I was the brown cloud in that part of the write-up, so he's not pulling that bit out of nowhere. It's actually logical in a way.

She stands in front of a character in boots, but he does not seem to be himself.

A large-nosed character decides to affect a blue haired man, but the man is acting strangely, he seems to think he is a pilot. As the large-nosed character leaves, a brown cloud is left in his wake.

My guess is that these two are the people affected by the glowing blue character as both of them seem to act out of their character.

Still skeptical about Rez though, it all seems believable but his reaction was way overboard.

Gonna sit on my vote for a while.

I believe Paj is Fox, but I'm not sure if that means he is evil or not. I think Tellyn's information has probably been affected by the brown cloud (Wario's farts obviously)? Which could mean both Rez and Paj are good and we have no one to lynch. =P

I do agree that Rez's power seems a bit strange and overpowered, and he's acting crazy. But for now I'm not voting for him yet as I don't think Tellyn's information is right.

Right, I was under the impression that the brown cloud was my disguise (a smoke bomb or something) but it could actually be Wario.

Large nose and brown cloud makes me think of Wario.

I think Lucario affected both Paj and Rez, switching their identities (hence why they act weird). And then I think Wario's brown cloud/fart may affect information for investigators (changes their alignment for example).

Just my two cents.

Sounds likely.

I'm in two minds about ReZ, I believed a lot of his role - I know firsthand that Marth is too great if used by someone who knows how to use him (my friend), AND Diageo clearly has a soft spot for him..maybe fanboyism creeped in. But then ReZ went a bit odd about it.

I'm staying impartial right now though.

Yeah I don't believe everything Rez is saying. A lot of it is probably just him making things up trying to scare people or something. But at the moment I don't yet believe he is evil... (he might be though, I don't know).

Sorry to butt in.

My internet died... AGAIN. It went on Sunday and has only just come back today, hence the inactivity. Really sorry, I'm not usually inactive like this. Anyway, enjoy the game.

*leaves*

[..]

3-The lullaby thing confuses me. Why spikes? And Sméagol, why do you think Jigglypuff is mafia? If anything, I think Jigglypuff is the town roleblocker

I didn't think Jigglypuff is mafia, what I meant was, the actual effect of Jigglypuff's Sing ability "in this game of Mafia", is not shown, because of the protection, although it's safe to assume this is probably some kind of roleblock. Unlike ReZ, I'm not going to judge characters based on what they actually are in their games, so Bowser (if he's even in the game) may be good, and Jigglypuff may be evil. But I'll judge that based on their actions. The only thing I am sure of is that the character in green is evil, who may be either Luigi or Yoshi.

Great post, smeagol!

[..]

The character in boots could be a pilot from the starfox games, who has been confused/switched roles with the ike/marsh character later on.

[..]

Exactly what I was thinking. I haven't gone over all the claims being made in the meantime, with ReZ vs Tellyn, and Paj claiming ot be Fox, so I don't know yet how that all fits in, but I was thinking that indeed, the character in boots is a Starfox character (so either Fox, Falco or Wolf), and the blue haired guy, I thought Ike was more likely initially, but as other's have pointed out Diageo's avatar, is probably Marth then, and something has been switched between these 2 guys, probably because of the blue character, who I think is Lucario (perhaps some Pokémon fan can tell me if this looks similar to one of his actual Pokémon moves, because it certainly doesn't look like any of his Smash moves).

What has been switched however, and how permanent this will be.. I'd love to know.

Oh and thanks :p

[..]

As for the killer, I thought it was Luigi at first too, with the stars coming out, but I'm really not sure. Could very well be Yoshi.

Not sure the shell is Yoshi, Yoshi hides in an egg, not a shell? The shell could be an item that was left there by someone.[..]

I don't think there will be items in the game. And what is an egg? It's a shell, with some goo inside (usually). But. I was thinking afterwards that it's possible and maybe more probably that this is Squirtle. Which leaves Yoshi still open to be the killer.

[..]

Also, I had a wonder about Kirby, and the fact he can steal powers/wear hats to indicate such, could he be able to be disguised as someone else? The stars in the killing made me wonder, and then I thought could he also be the green character, assuming someone else's identity?

Personally I think the stars are here for flavour, when somebody dies in Smash Brothers there's a big flash and some stars, and when you're smashed into the ceiling you turn into a star.

That said, Kirby seems to me to be to cool to pass up as a character in a mafia game, but I see no hint of him in the write-up..

And now to go over all the stuff ReZ has said.

Geez ReZ, when you claim something, you do it big, and run with it, do you? :D

Vote: Paj.

I switched ReZ and Paj over last night, so anyone targetting ReZ was actually targetting Paj... I think.

So yeah, I'd believe ReZ for now.

Er... Ok so a whole new page of stuff appeared after I posted that. Great.

Changevote: Nobody for now. I r confused and sadface

triplepost for great justice!

Er, yes. So I've stupidly come out with my role too soon, thinking that we were on the cusp of lynching ReZ when I knew it wasn't him.

my role switches the minds of the two I target, so that any targets on character a are actually going to be tagetting character b.

So if anyone targetted either ReZ or Paj, just be aware that your results will be switched.

Here's hoping I can survive further nights!

Vote: Paj.

I switched ReZ and Paj over last night, so anyone targetting ReZ was actually targetting Paj... I think.

So yeah, I'd believe ReZ for now.

Er... Ok so a whole new page of stuff appeared after I posted that. Great.

Changevote: Nobody for now. I r confused and sadface

triplepost for great justice!

Er, yes. So I've stupidly come out with my role too soon, thinking that we were on the cusp of lynching ReZ when I knew it wasn't him.

my role switches the minds of the two I target, so that any targets on character a are actually going to be tagetting character b.

So if anyone targetted either ReZ or Paj, just be aware that your results will be switched.

Here's hoping I can survive further nights!

So I'm assuming you are lucario then jayseven? I'm still not sure whether your power is a useful townie one or a mafia one. I suppose it's more a townie one really... Still, I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you trying to say that you swapped the two so that people who targetted one will have actually targeted the other? If this is the case doesn't that mean Cube's info shows that Paj is evil? It's so freaking confusing!

Like I said before, I think the results Tellyn got were affected by the brown cloud. So whether he investigated Rez or Paj doesn't really matter, as the results are messed up anyway.

A large-nosed character decides to affect a blue haired man