N-Europe

DIY Mafia: The Game Thread

MadDog

What, you targeting the Devil? You said you targeted Moogleviper, yet now you claim you were redirected. How, if you can't be targeted?

But see, the worst part of that is, the only reason you believe that is because Paj told you this. Have you considered the fact that Paj may be the liar here?

And one more thing: what happens to you, happens to the person you targeted. If Paj said "make Rez look like a red guy", then can't that happen with both? Think, ReZ! Paj is behind all of this.

I actually hadn't considered that....however that wouldn't actually be targeting me. Or maybe it would. Damn. Thats a really good thought.

It still however doesn't explain why in the write up I target the red character, if indeed Paj did turn me into the red character. Thats what I'm saying. The write up says "The red character disrupted the red character." Paj said he turned me red on that day....so it mustn't be targetting me....or....for some reason it.....nope I'm confusing even myself now. :eek:

His target me get whoever I am around power is bullshit, don't believe him. If you believed him you would have to think that the Devil is evil because that is who he targeted in the write-up.

(But to clarify, me and Moogle both confirmed that I targetted him that time)

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still however doesn't explain why in the write up I target the red character, if indeed Paj did turn me into the red character. Thats what I'm saying. The write up says "The red character disrupted the red character." Paj said he turned me red on that day....so it mustn't be targetting me....or....for some reason it.....nope I'm confusing even myself now. :eek:

Ok, how about this: unlike what you think, those who affect you don't affect merelt your host: they also affect you. This way, both you and Moogleviper appear as red guys in the write-up.

But wether you believe this theory or not, you have to admit Paj Meen Ah is the shadiest person here.

Ok, how about this: unlike what you think, those who affect you don't affect merelt your host: they also affect you. This way, both you and Moogleviper appear as red guys in the write-up.

But wether you believe this theory or not, you have to admit Paj Meen Ah is the shadiest person here.

Shadier maybe, but someone who can change the write up is not as powerful as a redirector.

Shadier maybe, but someone who can change the write up is not as powerful as a redirector.

You sure? We're talking about someone who has been changing write-ups left and right and said nothing. He targeted you and didn't say anything when the Moogle/ReZ fiasco happened. Hell, I bet he's the one who turned Diageo into a suited man on one of the first nights (remember that?), yet he said nothing, only when we suspected him.

So yeah, there's too much against Paj at the moment. More than against Diageo, so please people, change your votes.

I beg to differ. He's caused too much confusion using this, and in the wrong hands, you're able to create perfect covers for mafia members. With a redirect there are few people involved, but he's been changing people since night 1, leaving doubt as to who people are or have been previously.

And this may be a long shot, but maybe his death will revert back the all the changes he's made.

We can't verify last night. We clearly see Cube investigating Paj Meen Ah (the well-built man) and no other writer appears.

And that doesn't change the fact that Paj said nothing during the whole discussion between ReZ and Moogleviper. If he had info, why not say it?

Rez, I'm sorry but I'm not sure what your points are. I'm not being a dick I've just gotten really confused after reading through all your posts and I'm not sure what you think about me. If you can just lay them out in short points I'll hopefully be able to address them.

Smeagol - while I'm sure you think Paj is evil (I haven't really looked at the evidence yet because I've been at work) I can promise you that I have info that Diageo is DEFINITELY evil. I strongly suggest we lynch him as the info we have on him is concrete, and people can look into Paj tonight to see what he is for sure. I would also very much like this to happen so that people can see I have outed a mafia member and will hopefully start to trust me a little more.

To take Rez's good idea:

Keep Vote: Diageo

Again, I'll answer questions if people want to ask but I really think we should lynch Diageo today. His defence of 'yeah but can we trust the devil?' is laughable.

We can't verify last night. We clearly see Cube investigating Paj Meen Ah (the well-built man) and no other writer appears

Actually:

The writer found his target; the well built man had somehow affected his appearance.

The writer watched the well built man, and scribbled into his notebook

I believe that these two "writers" are different people.

Rez, I'm sorry but I'm not sure what your points are. I'm not being a dick I've just gotten really confused after reading through all your posts and I'm not sure what you think about me. If you can just lay them out in short points I'll hopefully be able to address them.

You've answered them all, so its cool. I just don't know why you wouldn't defend your friend yesterday (I know he told you not to, but don't understand why) considering you're both investigating types. Meh. I dunno. That coupled with the whole targetting thing, and such. Your responses are fine, its just the situation and I still don't like this red character targetting red character thing, (although Jonnas ~I think~ point about Pajs character change getting both of us seems incredibly plausible right now) but yeah. Its cool.

I'm far more willing and happy to vote the practically confirmed mafia members than even touch you at the moment. :)

Right, just had another quick read through, will try to explain a few things.

At the start of the game me and Moogle were told we were neutrals who had the power to investigate. We were also told we should recruit someone to our team, and we chose jayseven (Moogle suggested him and sent the PM actually, but the outcome was the same). We then targeted someone each night (as a trio) and investigated them. We should have gotten all three pieces of info that Moogle mentioned, but each night at least one of us was roleblocked. This is what our PMs said in reply (and we all got the same one, just to make clear):

Night 1 - jayseven and Nintendohnut were roleblocked. Moogle completed his job alone. you found Smeagol to be good.

Night 2 - your targeting of Diageo failed (we got nothing but this, but by now jayseven was dead)

Night 3 - One of you was unable to complete the task. Because of this you couldn't carry out the investigation. You tracked ReZourceman instead. He targeted Moogleviper ***SEE BELOW***

Night 4 - You targeted Diageo. You found out that he was evil.

So night 3 has caused lots of confusion. I'm not sure, at all, why we tracked rez instead, what I've written is all the PM said. I also don't know why Rez got something about the devil when he targeted Moogle. All I know is what we got in the PMs. I hope this explains a little more, but most important are two things.

a) That I got an investigation that said Diageo is evil

b) That I am a neutral who's win condition is the same as the town, and my power works every other night (I also don't know why this is, but it's what my power now is. I can't explain more than that - it's what I have been told by Maddog). All of this is the same as Moogle yesterday. I had no reason to come out today, I could have kept safe and quiet. But my info is useful to the time so I announced myself. Please trust me today and I will be shown to be telling the truth.

The above post is redundant really, but thanks Rez :)

But Cube also got confirmation that Paj is evil, and Cube is a verified investigator - apart from the whole ReZ/Moogle shebang, but that has everyone confused.

However, since we're closer to voting off Diageo, and since it's too easy for us to lynch you off afterwards if you're lying, I'm going to trust you. I've been suspicious of Diageo for a while now, anyway.

Change Vote: Diageo

I'm not saying Cube's info isn't right, I'm just suggesting that mine will both get rid of a mafia member and, hopefully, show that I'm on the town's side, especially after Moogle's 'death post' from Maddog yesterday clearly showed that he was telling the truth. Anyway. I'm just going to quickly go through the thread and try and get together a list of people who voted yesterday and didn't vote today etc. Hopefully a fair few of them will be mafiosos who wouldn't want to vote for a mafia member, who would have yesterday been happy to lynch Moogle as he wasn't a mafia member.

Cube, I have just read through the entire thread at length. Is there any chance that you could be a 'dumb cop'? I'm only asking because to me, some of your investigations go against what I suspect. No solid proof, but if there is a chance that would be interesting.

I am also pointless tonight as I can't target anyone, so I can't check anything out. But if I turn out to be correct about Diageo being evil I sure would like some protection if anyone is available :)

DOUBLE POST

I think we have a majority so we'll wait on Maddog. I want to get some things out in the open in case I die tonight. Just musings at the moment, but I want them out there.

I cross referenced those who voted for Moogle yesterday and those who were unwilling to vote for Diageo today. If I'm right about Diageo being evil his mafia buddies wouldn't vote for him until it was obvious he was for the chop (at which point they would vote so as to remove suspicion) Here is the list I got, with a little info about yesterday:

Dannyboy: was quick to initially vote Rez without info. Withdrew his vote then changed his vote to Moogle without much evidence. Didn't vote for Diageo until the very last minute, when, in my opinion, it was pretty obvious he was going down.

Jonnas: Voted Rez early, ignored information about Diageo being Shadow (didn't even mention it), then voted Moogle early. Voted for Diageo AFTER the majority had been reached.

Diageo: Voted Rez. Withdrew his vote immediately after Dannyboy did. Voted for Moogle straight after Dannyboy too.

I also considered Rez in this. Sure, he was going completely mental yesterday and it was pretty odd. However, I wouldn't expect any mafia member to campaign so hard to kill of another player as they would clearly look evil when the person wasn't mafia. So, either he is playing an extremely clever game an behaving exactly as a suspicious townie might do, I don't think this is the case, and in fact it is just that rez is good and going a bit too crazy. To back this up, Diageo consistently maintained we should be voting for Rez instead of him today. If he's evil that may prove something.

Another thing - the fish came up with some info that Coolness Bears may well be evil. We can't forget this.

And another - Dannyboy I don't trust. Tellyn was made to vote for him the other day, and Diageo said 'well, we can assume he's town!' If Diageo turns out to mafia we can forget this, and what I suspect happened was that the mafia tried to make Dannyboy appear good by forcing a vote. Cleverly, dannyboy brought this theory up today about Tellyn's once again forced vote. It at first means to make him look like a townie, but if he's a mafia member he's using the logic the mafia used and turning it on someone else. IE one night tellyn is forced to vote for a mafia member, the next day they claim they must be good. The night after Tellyn is forced to vote for someone else. The mafia say 'after yesterday this is such a mafia tactic' and we think someone else is evil

these are all just random ramblings, and I have no evidence. I just suspect I will be dead soon so wanted to check. If Cube's info is wrong it backs these thoughts up, but we can't prove whether his info is right or not. However, we can't just assume he's telling the truth. Unless I've missed something, he's never proved himself to be a 'good' investigator, not a dumb cop (I may have missed it, please point it out if so). If he hasn't, there's every chance that he is a dumb cop, or even a mafia member lying about people to try and show his fellow members as townie when they're not.

Well, I can only applaud your musings, for you have demonstrated an impressive feat of detective work. However, your theory is still wrong. I know I am good, and so do the other people who have been confirmed good by Cube's investigations. I once again wish to draw people's attention to the fact that it's easy to read meanings into stuff like voting patterns if you're actively looking for them. It's like conspiracy theories, really. I know this argument has as little weight as the accusations, but I trust that Cube's investigative abilities shall be proved soon enough.

How do you expect they will be proved? He didn't investigate Diageo. I did.

Anyway, I'm not saying you're definitely evil, I was simply stating things I had found after reading the thread through. Yes, people can read things into voting patterns. But that's because often, there are things to be read.

And I have no connection to Dannyboy, I told you before. Haven't been working with him. We just agreed that the evidence for Rez was greater. Which it still is, we even had a deal we would kill him the next night.

Also Rez sent me a PM saying you are all bitches, and he threw puppies in a river, and slagged your mother.