NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

I built a boat and explored to a far off island the other day. It was pretty awesome, some of the mountains were immense. There was on which was had a huge chunk cut into it and then a sheer wall up one side. If someone put a roof over the top of it they would have an amazing house, all they'd need to do would be to cut a door in the rock face. When there are a load of people on we should build a fleet of boats and all set sail to an island to explore! It would be awesome.

Question, I don't enjoy playing the free one, is there any reason I'd enjoy the paid version?

So help a noobie out, I don't even know where to start this and everyone seems to be enjoying it :(

watch the video in the first post of the thread, and then maybe the next few of that guy's if you have time. They're an excellent way to start, and that's how I got into minecraft in the first place. Other than that the basic system is: Get wood, make tools, carve out a small hole to survive the night in and avoide monsters, get stone, build better tools, expand your hole/home, start experimenting (looking things up is also fine, that how I started) with different materials and soon you will have a huge empire!

In Multiplayer, start the game and type /warp city to get to our city. There are some supplies in a chest for newbies so you can help yourself to whatever there is/you need, then pick a spot and start to dig or build. No monsters in multiplayer so you can do stuff around the clock :) And if you have any questions hopefully there'll be someone else online to ask!

watch the video in the first post of the thread, and then maybe the next few of that guy's if you have time. They're an excellent way to start, and that's how I got into minecraft in the first place. Other than that the basic system is: Get wood, make tools, carve out a small hole to survive the night in and avoide monsters, get stone, build better tools, expand your hole/home, start experimenting (looking things up is also fine, that how I started) with different materials and soon you will have a huge empire!

In Multiplayer, start the game and type /warp city to get to our city. There are some supplies in a chest for newbies so you can help yourself to whatever there is/you need, then pick a spot and start to dig or build. No monsters in multiplayer so you can do stuff around the clock :) And if you have any questions hopefully there'll be someone else online to ask!

No I meant more about getting it than playing it, hehe. :grin:

Question, I don't enjoy playing the free one, is there any reason I'd enjoy the paid version?

Well I tried the free one, it's extremely basic and it nearly put me off the paid version. Thankfully it didn't. It's much deeper in singleplayer with tools and monsters to keep things interesting. And in multiplayer... well, it's completely awesome. So yeah, I would say there is, but if you really don't think you'll enjoy it then that's fine! :)

I think that I may have the only working Iron door on our server.

Although Red Dust is glitchy and I can only get it to work with a lever on the outside instead of levers/switches ect. inside and outside my home.

No I meant more about getting it than playing it, hehe. :grin:

www.minecraft.net ? ;)

As Nintendohnut said, don't bother too much with the free "classic mode". It's like a demo for placing blocks and running around, but almost completely lacks the features, that make the game great. Having to work a bit in order to get your building materials and being eaten by zombies in the process makes all the difference. ;)

Edited by Burny

So as part of my Garden Centre I've been working on I need one of the floors to have a pool of water. Does anyone have any clue how I can go about making that happen? Every time I place water it just disappears.

So as part of my Garden Centre I've been working on I need one of the floors to have a pool of water. Does anyone have any clue how I can go about making that happen? Every time I place water it just disappears.

Next time you see mcoy online ask him for some water blocks.

Ah ok, thanks very much, I look forward to the next layer of vegetation.

Has anyone been on the server today? I just tried but it just stuck on the "Logging In" screen. Usually I would have just blamed my crappy connection but its still been letting me on since the drop.

I haven't been on past few days, was distracted by other things. Will try get on tonight.

Has anyone been on the server today? I just tried but it just stuck on the "Logging In" screen. Usually I would have just blamed my crappy connection but its still been letting me on since the drop.

Nope, it's the same for me right now.

Typical, just as the NE server is fixed....the Minecraft one goes down!

EDIT: And now its working again

Edited by Happenstance

For all those concerned, the offending stucture has been removed and N-E City is pure once more.

screenshot20101019at225.png

hahaha' date=' that so should have stayed![/quote']

Well, I guess it's quite 'cheap' on resources... maybe it will be back... :wink:

I just patched my game with an HD theme, a few screenshots:

The top floor of my garden centre:

5098165416_3c71ee5f2d_b.jpg

Garden Centre from the outside:

5098165412_03234e52d7_b.jpg

My cottage:

5098165424_64a102cf06_b.jpg

The super cool tower:

5098165418_09a3a3def5_b.jpg

Town centre:

5098165426_a3da835e6f_b.jpg

Town Centre in another direction:

5098165430_4486fbaf1f_b.jpg

Looks quite cool, I might have a play with a few other skins tomorrow.

Edited by will'

The super cool tower looks super cool, but any chance you could get a shot of my tower on my island? I'm worried about what the patch does to the glass blocks. :hmm:

So there are two reasons I've hardly been on the server - the first is that I'm crazily busy until Christmas, and the second is that I currently only have my rubbishy laptop to play on, which barely runs the game. So yeah, I might be on a bit in winter if the server's still around then.