N-Europe

Captain America: The First Avenger

Murr

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good!

So do we think the costume we see an upgrade when he's back in modern day? not that I'd mind, but you can imagine it might get flashier.

Obviously it's a very practical based costume back in WW2, because well, he's in a war, it's the 40's and it's his first outting.

Looks good!

So do we think the costume we see an upgrade when he's back in modern day?

Obviously it's a very practical based costume back in WW2, because well, he's in a war, it's the 40's and because it's his first outting.

Definitely. They'll future it up and it will look much less cool I'm sure.

Ah right yeah, ok cool.

Would quite like to see the wings kept on his hat in the modern day, maybe loose the stars on his shoulders.

Is it a properly rippable outfit in the comics?... the dark blue looks thicker... could they maybe use a fine dark blue chainmail? I'm sure they're more than capable of pulling it off anyway, Marvel have done a great job on all their costumes thus far!

Edited by Retro_Link

That looks like a game screenshot.

Agree with that,

just to confirm that it is a movie pic though...

Today brings another new still from Captain America: The First Avenger (via The LA Times) and you can check it out embedded below. The main focus of the stills released so far has been Evans as Captain America but hopefully we’ll soon get better looks at the other characters.

Marvel appear to be ramping up the release of marketing materials for Captain America: The First Avenger and it seems likely that the trailer for the film will drop very soon. Quite a lot is riding on the success of Captain America as this film will help sell audiences on Marvel’s forthcoming Avengers film.

Source - HeyYouGuys.co.uk

I think theyve done a brilliant job with the costume. It was always going to be one of the hardest to translate to real life but I think theyve done it very well.
I do agree though. I think it's also because I'm less familar with the WWII version and it's the only one we're being shown. So I've always got the modern day costume slightly in my mind when I look at it. Can't wait to see it in footage though!

I do agree though. I think it's also because I'm less familar with the WWII version and it's the only one we're being shown. So I've always got the modern day costume slightly in my mind when I look at it. Can't wait to see it in footage though!

In the real (616) world, he wears the same uniform in WW2 that he does in the 1990s.

Rumour!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1144365p1.html

Is This Red Skull?

A web site selling Halloween costumes appears to reveal the costume and makeup design of Red Skull, the villain played by Hugo Weaving in Captain America: The First Avenger.

The Red Skull outfit, which looks like a Nazi officer uniform retooled for HYDRA, certainly resembles the concept art that recently cropped up online. The skull itself, though, looks far more human than even Red Skull's comic book counterpart does. Check it out:

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/is-this-our-first-look-at-captain-america-s-red-skull

After a week of superhero costume reveals, we may have just been given our first glimpse of Captain America’s adversary Red Skull.

May, because these images are shots of a new Halloween costume that may or may not be based on the villain’s look in Joe Johnston’s upcoming movie.

This costume certainly chimes well with the look from the comic, with a simple, Nazi-styled black costume that seems to come with its own HYDRA belt.

Not sure about the teeth, though. We await an official shot of Hugo Weaving with bated breath…

is-this-our-first-look-at-captain-america-s-red-skull--00-470-75.jpg

is-this-our-first-look-at-captain-america-s-red-skull--470-75.jpg

We shall see! Edited by Retro_Link

This film is going to be amazing. I mean...you do all realise this right? Best film of the year probably.

Doubt it'll be best film of the year as there's certainly a hell of a lot of good films coming out this year, but it does look good and in my opinion, better than many of the other comic book based films coming out this year.

It's certainly got my interest and I know nothing about Captain America. Hopefully the more human super hero, i.e. one without super powers if I'm understanding correctly what/who Captain America is, should make for a more believable and human experience than other comic book films.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!