N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not convinced I've got it in me to run another Bare Bones mafia I'm afraid. Just not sure what balance I'd use. I've run a few test games to see what would work and I'm struggling to have any luck. Looks like I might have to pull that one after all :(

Do want to do my live mafia soon, but it'd require everyone to have IRC installed. Luckily I wrote such a guide to help everyone.. :heh:

I'm not convinced I've got it in me to run another Bare Bones mafia I'm afraid. Just not sure what balance I'd use. I've run a few test games to see what would work and I'm struggling to have any luck. Looks like I might have to pull that one after all :(

:blank:

1 doctor, 1 nurse, 1 cop, 1 deputy, 1 tracker, 3/4 town and a sprinkle of other roles. It's worked hundreds of times before.

It's no problem if you don't want to run it, but "I can't work out the balance" is the most "..."/:blank: thing I've ever heard in my life.

Like I said, I've run a few test games with potential scenarios, and the outcomes haven't been great. Sure it's just potential outcomes but if certain things happened the game could go to pot.

I did have one idea, however, but I'm not sure if it'd work, or make the town to powerful.

Do want to do my live mafia soon, but it'd require everyone to have IRC installed. Luckily I wrote such a guide to help everyone.. :heh:

What's wrong with the java chat client? Not that anyone uses it anymore.

I fucking hate when mafia nights coincide.

Me too, but more because it means I'm splitting my time between simultaneous days.

Just so you know, I'm still up for doing my DIY Game one. 8 people sent me character picks early, I'm still accepting them from anyone interested in playing. Just try to keep it this gen preferably, and not mega obscure.

Fight to the death!

I was also interested in how a two-GMs-game would work out and thought it'd be interesting to see. Would three be overkill? (lol)

Peeps will betray you all. Lock you out of the mafia forum and post the final write-up by himself.

Really not sure how a two-gm game would work. You take those targets and I'll take these and we figure out where they go. Damn I need your targets to figure it out... Better do it myself. Ok you do the write-up I'll work out the targets. Damn he needs my targets to do the write-up...

I can't see of any way it would be faster or more efficient :hmm:

Or I suppose it is about making creative roles. Once the game gets going though I don't see the point really.

I've drawn/drawing up a couple of ideas for an epic fantasy mafia game, with a view to an epic storyline (akin to Gentlemens) but would love to co-run it with someone for double the fun. Who would like to co-run it with me?

Well, you're already capable of creating good roles, gameplay-wise. I suppose you would just need someone to help with the flavour, character descriptions and relationships, engaging write-ups...

But exclude me, I can't see myself co-hosting a game.

Meanwhile, I just had an idea for a Phoenix Wright mafia, but it's still on the drawing board. Would anyone be interested?