Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to finish up fixing a few roles now, and i'll get the roles sent out later tonight along with the thread.

Brilliant, I'm really looking forward to it.

- Nothing like a nice bit of Star Wars anything to get tucked into!

- Your last game was amazing IMHO.

- Be nice to have another fully charged pumping mafia.

Incidentally I have been;

- Writing the roles for Pokemafia 8. Very cool, with some brilliant new powers and LOTS and LOTS of evolving, with that new evolving game mechanic! Story elements - make sure you read the epilogue! Role are 85% done, all characters chosen. May need to tweak a neutral.

Assuming the game has neutrals.

I've also been doing the characters and artwork for the Ice Cream Parlour mafia.

Just wanna say Gentlemen's is rocking, really enjoying it. Definitely feels much better/easier/less confusing being in just one mafia at a time, so I think in future I'm going to save myself for the ones I really really wanna be in.

Yeah that's why I haven't been signing up for all of them anymore. Limiting myself to a few games, so I try to pick the themes I like most. =)

There is so much activity in the Gentleman's mafia, I think there must be a lot of interesting roles. If people get a good role they are likely to be more pleased with the game, getting a double vote kinda sucks because all it does is leave you with suspicion. You aren't much use to anyone and I like feeling like I matter :p Giving double voters an extra power is good.

Thanks, guys :) It's good to know that my little experiment (that is, more flavour, less wackyness) is working well. The high amount of posts and activity means I have so much to keep track of, though :heh:

By the way, a couple of things:

-The current day will end Wednesday night, and the following night will last 24 hours, not longer. If you have a tight schedule, you may send your PM earlier (as in, during the day) so you won't miss out.

I have a good reason for this suddenly arbitrary schedule, and I will explain things in their due time;

-I was going to ask you this at the end of the game, but there will be so much more to talk about then, so I will ask now, since it doesn't affect gameplay, and I'm curious:

How many of you genuinely noticed my name on the player list, during the first day?

I didn't notice it until I was going over my notes yesterday where I'd copied and pasted the player list from the thread and saw your name there lol. I wondered why I had written it in but then I remembered I just copied it over.

I'm guessing it's because you are the gatekeeper who technically didn't leave until after the no-lynch votes?

Thanks, guys :) It's good to know that my little experiment (that is, more flavour, less wackyness) is working well. The high amount of posts and activity means I have so much to keep track of, though :heh:

By the way, a couple of things:

-The current day will end Wednesday night, and the following night will last 24 hours, not longer. If you have a tight schedule, you may send your PM earlier (as in, during the day) so you won't miss out.

I have a good reason for this suddenly arbitrary schedule, and I will explain things in their due time;

-I was going to ask you this at the end of the game, but there will be so much more to talk about then, so I will ask now, since it doesn't affect gameplay, and I'm curious:

How many of you genuinely noticed my name on the player list, during the first day?

Didn't notice it at all, though I noticed the pecularity in you leaving the house in bold and staying neutral. Not very common for a mafia.

Anyway, I love the game to bits as well. Best mafia in a long time for me. :) Just the flavour text and atmosphere alone are pulled off so well. I loved how you described ReZ's editting of his post. :p

I noticed the name but then you did the gate thingy. Also I think there's alot of activity in the mafia because alot of the players are now not in more than one or two mafias, whereas before there was the pokemafia which contained a lot of us and our activity was split over the two. There's also more activity simply because the game allows, without there being time limits upon the days. The writeups and the way you work stuff in is fantastic, though.

ReZ's editing was something I improvised. I never actually expected someone to be foolish enough edit a post. But then again, ReZ was playing, so I only have myself to blame for thinking that :heh:

I was actually just curious when I did that. I wanted to see if anyone read the player list beforehand to decide their target. And since I was going to be a character, why not?

I also hoped people would vote for me, simply so that "the first death" was a lynch, not an automatic cutscene. I would make an amusing write-up about the gentlemen accidentally throwing away the key, too.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!