Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Red Dwarf: 2 new series confirmed!

mcj metroid

"Speaking on BBC Radio 2, Craig Charles confirmed that two new series were being produced, and that filming begins in January 2011.[54] Chris Barrie revealed that the new series will be counted as series 10"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wr0n

So that's pretty much that then.

This thread is pretty much dedicated to one of the best comedies you crazy British have come up with. I know on this forum there are a few fans.

Anyone who hasn't seen the " back to earth" mess will be wondering why they skipped out season 9 here. It's because.....well back to earth made a mess of things and they probably want to ignore it :D

but overall great show :D

mcj metroid is right, there are fans around on here. And guess what, you've found one right here.

Now then, this is just the news i've been waiting for. Even though it is expected, and has been for a long time now in my opinion. And if filming is due around January, expect the series around Easter-time (considering B2E took a few weeks to get done)

If you shall excuse me, i'm off for a dance around the room in joy.

What would make me even more excited is if these 2 series will be made with both Rob Grant and Doug Naylor involved, because we all know how these happen with just one at the helm.

Did they confirm which channel it would air on?

Probably be Dave, BBC didn't want anything to do with the re-launch last year.

Edited by Jimbob

You don't want to. It's wank.

It's not as bad as many people have made it out to be, but it isn't the best i've seen.

It's like i was saying in my first post, if Doug Naylor did the 2 series alone then it wouldn't be as good as we, the fans would expect. He is good at what he does, and yes some of the episodes he wrote and made himself are good, but Red Dwarf needs both writers/creators to make it great.

I spoke to a guy called Mr. Rimmer on the phone today. I was afraid learning his first name would shatter a beautiful delusion so I didn't ask. Unfortunately he gave it to me and it was neither Arnold nor Ace.

(He was actually a lovely person)

I spoke to a guy called Mr. Rimmer on the phone today. I was afraid learning his first name would shatter a beautiful delusion so I didn't ask. Unfortunately he gave it to me and it was neither Arnold nor Ace.

(He was actually a lovely person)

All i can think of when you said that was this

"If a job's worth doing, do it well. If it's not worth doing, give it to Rimmer."

I was hoping this day wouldn't come. Being a huge Dwarf fan (series 1-6 anyway) I have to watch it. I just know i'm going to be cringing all the way through. Admittedly BTE was closer to the originals as series 6-7 could ever be but the guys looked uncomfortable in their roles. Basically. Bring back Grant because he can actually write comedy.