NEurope
Caris

So, I nearly killed someone tonight.

She'll end up killing herself if she does that everytime she gets drunk - idiot.

I'm glad you two are ok mind, that's bloody awful and it takes a lot to go through that. The best thing to do is usually drink whisky and not eat ice cream, it helps calm you down, I've heard police officers recommend a sip of it after accidents.

Just remember that it's not your driving that caused this and that you can still drive!

Don't let it get to you. You did everything right, and the fact that you feel guilty about it is a sign that you have a good heart, which also means you don't deserve to be haunted by it. Just try to let it go. :)

Drunk people are the best ones to hit. They don't react fast enough to brace themselves for any impact, which is what gets people hurt a lot of the time.

You didn't do anything wrong so don't worry about it.

The ginger one speaks sense.

Your avatar looks great with that original post..

As soon as I read the first sentence my eyes whipped to the avatar. Reading Caris' later posts, I don't think it's doing him any favours. Change it to something cheerful!

Drunk people are the best ones to hit. They don't react fast enough to brace themselves for any impact, which is what gets people hurt a lot of the time.

Exactly.

I've got a mate, who likes his drink and his been run over three times!

He's never had anything worse than a scratch.

Christ that sounds awful. Sorry to hear that. I'm sure it will be easier to deal with in time, and as Dan said, no point in dwelling on what might have been. Just be thankful nothing more serious came from it :)

Wooooah, that's bad and awesome at the same time.

Bad that she got hit...

But she's ok!

So now you have a decent conversational piece.

All I have is, "A few months ago I nearly strangled a drunk girl".

Doesn't have the same impact.

Exactly.

I've got a mate, who likes his drink and his been run over three times!

He's never had anything worse than a scratch.

....what a retard.

Perhaps this is proof the world needed to confirm that video games do not turn gamers into GTA hit and run, blood-seeking, gun polishing %ankers.

Wooooah, that's bad and awesome at the same time.

Bad that she got hit...

But she's ok!

So now you have a decent conversational piece.

All I have is, "A few months ago I nearly strangled a drunk girl".

Doesn't have the same impact.

You do engage in domestic violence too don't forget!

As others said at least nothing worse happened and everyone is okay, even if shaken up.

At least the worst didn't happen, which is a relief. Still is a shocker though when you experience this yourself, after hearing about it happening loads of times.

My dad killed someone. He's a bus driver. As he was pulling away from a bus stop someone on the pavement had an epileptic fit and fell under the back wheel of the bus. Dead.

He had some therapy. As a teenager I didn't really appreciate how much that could mess him up.

Man that's harsh Odwin. But somehow "under the back wheel" seems to me to separate him from the responsibility even more. Anyone looking at that from an outside perspective couldn't possibly see it as "that man was hit by a bus", but rather "that man fell under the wheels of a bus". Still, it would be hard to tell yourself that.

Caris, if she had stopped breathing would you have been able to do anything to help her? Might convince you to take some first aid training if not. Not that it was your fault in anyway, clearly, but if you consider how things could have gone... might have been the difference between saving someone's life and seriously messing you up.

Mind you, I've had first aid training twice and forgotten it all twice.

I know the feeling mate, i did this:

van0.jpg

van1.jpg

van2.jpg

van3.jpg

van4.jpg

Just last wendsday. Hurt like hell.

I was driving down a straight road doing about 50mph in the rain (pretty heavy rain). The car infront of the infront of me was turning so the car infront of me slammed the brakes on. I put mine on hard, no abs so the van started skidding.

I was on the wrong side of the road with a car coming towards me thinking Oshi-!. Managed to spin the van the opposite way, hit a curb and saw a wall of trees coming towards me. I actually thought i was dead.

Anyways, hit the curb, van flipped onto its side and because of the wet mud it didnt skid which saved my life. The cops who came said 9/10 times drivers in accidents like this dont walk away so i feel pretty lucky atm. Funny thing is my first thought was ringing my new wife to say i was allright. Engine was still runnning and i was trapped inside but all i could try and do was phone the wife haha

I walked away from it with just a few bruises, incredible really.

I know the feeling mate

After reading Caris' distraught post, then seeing your cheesy grin makes me wonder :p Truly scary story though chap. Glad ye be alright.

I had a similar experience. We were driving somewhere down some motorway (I have an eye for the details here) and the back tire just blew out. Dad was driving and we were skidding around the lanes. Luckily there wasn't much traffic so we didn't hit any cars and at one point was going down the motorway backwards. And at the time I couldn't stop smiling, like I was on a rollercoaster or something.

After reading Caris' distraught post, then seeing your cheesy grin makes me wonder Truly scary story though chap. Glad ye be alright.

Thats not me mate! I was in the back of the ambulance, grey and shaking! One of those was my father in law, and one was my mate. Both had come to pick me up after the crash.

Well if we're onto the subject of car accidents now then I can tell mine :heh:

Similar to Esequiels I suppose, was driving along at 50mph (10 under the speed limit...) going into a shallow corner when I hit some oil. Car spun right around flipped up the curb on the other side of the road, rolled a couple of times, took at some fencing, hit a tree and then ended up facing the way I came on the drivers side door...

26499_382245468163_509823163_3733530_6581172_n.jpg

26499_382245478163_509823163_3733531_6407745_n.jpg

Those are the only two pics I've got left. The first thing I did after the accident was climb out the windscreen, walk down the road to pick the bumper up and bring it back to the rest of the car!

Happened 4 1/2 years ago now and I still get knots in my stomach when I have to drive down that bit of road.

The only accident I've been in I wasn't driving and luckily for the driver although the road was busy she didn't really do much damage!

I did however, nearly run over a cyclist yesterday, he was coming over a hill as I went to turn and it was difficult to see him, I was already turning when he came towards me - in short, both our faults, but I could have done so much more damage and it still irritated me today.

Accidents are going to happen, when you drive around in a steel box for so long something will happen whether it's your fault, their fault or both.

Is that the road near Clumber?

Yeah just before the right turn to clumber park.

I can't believe how much a little alcohol still gives the intoxicated a total disregard to their safety.

She was a fucking idiot mate. And even if you had killed her, survival of the fittest. Of course the contradictions by me would come flying if it were my friend, but dude, wasn't your fault.