N-Europe

X-Men Mafia Game Thread

Paj!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The group gathered around the armoured figure, deciding she was more than she claimed. They were right.

MadDog is dead. He was femme fatale Skullbuster! (Mafia)

Skullbuster.jpg

DAY 5 IS OVER

---

Lights on Cerebra: (10)

Cube

Eenuh

Diageo

Chairdriver

Zell

Daft

Mundi

Moogleviper

Dyson

Coolness Bears

Hellbound: (9)

ReZourceman

Ellmeister

Jayseven

Dannyboy-The-Dane

Jonnas

nintendo-master

Nintendohnut

dwarf gourami

MadDog

---

NIGHT 5 BEGINS NOW

Get your PM's in please.

NIGHT 5 IS NOW OVER

---

The playful figure once again switches two people around within the complex, much to their annoyance. One, who wasn’t even doing anything, is suddenly flung down the hall by hurricane winds.

The regal woman who caused these winds strides off. Her battle-sharp senses detect another prescene behind her…someone who knew how to sneak around unnoticed to most people. But Storm isn’t most people. Storm spins, firing a blast of lightning down the hall, but nothing’s there.

Before she can assess the situation, a swift blow ends her life. She hits the floor.

Diageo is dead. He was Storm, the X-Men's mistress of the elements! (Town)

---

Storm’s killer is slapped across the face by another person walking down the hall, who now has what they wanted, and runs away.

---

The siblings finally found each other. One looked compassionately at the other. One looked murderously at the other.

“I knew it was you I was looking for!” cried the blonde sibling.

“…So your memory wasn’t totally fried?” grunted the grim sibling.

“ I remember trying to help you! Even though all you’ve ever done is blame me for your terrible life...” implored the blonde one.

“This isn’t over, not yet, but I think my coma helped…clear things up. I..I do love you. I’m so sorry.” muttered the grim sibling.

“Thank you. Let’s do this thing together.” They embrace.

---

Lights on Cerebra: (9)

Cube

Eenuh

Chairdriver

Zell

Daft

Mundi

Moogleviper

Dyson

Coolness Bears

Hellbound: (10)

ReZourceman

Ellmeister

Jayseven

Dannyboy-The-Dane

Jonnas

nintendo-master

Nintendohnut

dwarf gourami

MadDog

Diageo

---

DAY 6 BEGINS NOW

My personal hunch is that Coolness Bears is mafia. I'm sure that someone can confirm that they slapped him last night.

Vote: Coolness Bears

I think that Chairdriver may be good now, unless he's turned Eenuh into a neutral.

*ffffCHUNK*

Coolness Bears has been executed by MoogleViper, using his own stolen power! He was Lady Deathstrike, the leader of the Reavers (Mafia)!

Deathstrike.jpg

---

"Guess that did the trick, y'all." laughed Rogue, impressed with her now long razor-sharp fingers.

The group were shocked by what they just witnessed one of their own do, but all of a sudden, their memories came flooding back. They saw the body of Lady Deathstrike on the floor, and were overwhelmed with intense anger and sadness. So many of their friends had been killed...who was responsible?

---

A shadowy man sits on rock off the coast of San Francisco, looking out to Utopia, smiling.

"Another time, then."

---

What remained of the X-Men came together the next morning, deciding rather than to disband in the wake of this tragedy, to carry on as a new team, never letting the dream die.

---

THE GAME IS OVER

The Reavers (Mafia) have been defeated!

The X-Men (Town) have won!

The Winning X-Men

Cube - Cyclops

Eenuh - Dazzler

Chairdriver - Mortis

Zell - Magneto

Daft - Psylocke

Mundi - Nightcrawler

Moogleviper - Rogue

Dyson - Emma Frost

---

I'll post roles in a moment. Please post thoughts - I have some I want to share...:angry:

X-Men/Town

Cyclops Cube

(Day Power) During the day phase, whenever a lynch vote reaches majority, you may post in the thread saying "Stop this lynch" (has to be in bold). The person who would be killed, now survives, and the night phase occurs as usual.

Psylocke Daft

You can talk to Angel (ReZourceman) outwith the game thread via PM.

(Night Power) Being a stealthy ninja, every night, you can PM me the name of another player in the game. You will investigate their quarters for any objects or paraphenalia of interest. These could be clues to the target's alignment.

(Ability - X-Force) You and Angel (ReZourceman) are both members of the covert mercenary squad, X-Force. ONCE during the game, at night, you may choose to sacrifice both your night abilities for that night phase, to make a Night Kill, in your X-Force gear.

Angel/Archangel ReZourceman

You may communicate with Psylocke (Daft) via PM outwith the game thread.

(Night Power) You can target another player to follow during the night, to find out what they get up to.

(Ability - X-Force) You and Psylocke (Daft) are both members of the covert mercenary squad, X-Force. ONCE during the game, at night, you may choose to sacrifice both your night abilities for that night phase, to make a Night Kill, in your X-Force gear.

Beast Dannyboy-The-Dane

(Night Power) You may PM me a target. You will shadow that target, and find out if anyone else targets them that night.

Dazzler Eenuh

(Night Power) You may PM me a target at night. You dazzle that target with your light powers, rendering them blind and unable to do anything for that night phase.

If you target the person you're watching out for, something special might happen.

Wolverine dwarf gourami

(Night Power) You can PM me a target at night. You will kill this target.

(Ability) If you're night-killed by someone else, it fails. This ability only works the first time you're night killed.

Pixie Nintendohnut

(Night Power) At night you may PM me a target. You will teleport that Target away from any potential danger they might face, protecting them that night.

Nightcrawler Mundi

(Night Power) At night, you may PM me 2 targets. You switch these two target's locations by teleporting them around.

Shadowcat nintendo-master

(Night Power) At night, you may PM me a target. You will turn them intangible, so nothing can hurt them, but it also means they can't do anything themselves that night phase

(Ability) If targeted for a Night Kill, there's a 25% chance you'll avoid it

Rogue MoogleViper

(Night Power) At night, you may PM me a target. You will touch that target, thereby absorbing their very life-force and a chance of getting either their power (which you would use next night/day phase, depending on what it was), a clue as to their identity, or their alignment outright.

* On nights you would use a stolen power, you may not use your default stealing power as well. However, you can choose not to use a stolen power, and steal from another person instead.

Emma Frost Dyson

(Night Power) At night, PM saying whether you wish to shift into Diamond Form, or use your Psychic Abilities.

Diamond Form - You cannot be night-killed.

Psychic Abilities - Target a player. You learn who else they've targeted throughout the game so far.

You cannot use either power on consecutive nights. You can choose to do neither.

Storm Diageo

(Night Power) At night, PM me a target. Your target will be buffeted by winds, meaning they will miss their original target, and hit another (at random).

(Ability) During the day, your vote counts for double.

I quite liked this game. I don't get why there wasn't much activity. I was quite bummed that I died so fast. Oh, well. ::shrug:

Combination of not enough interesting active roles on my part (just getting back into mafia so yeah), complete inactivity from a good number of people with very useful powers, and then all the investigators were dead very early or just not playing. :hmm: Rogue was the last one playing with any form of investigative power, and that was only some of the time. Emma Frost and Psylocke were also very useful investigators but weren't playing. Emma/Dyson would have been removed for inactivity, but came back for a night, then left again. Saving himself from the hellspawn.

As the mafia could lynch any mon-mafia who had half the amount of votes, wasn't my power fairly pointless.

It didn't help that there was hardly any suspicion thrown around about the town.

Still, thanks to the remaining townies who helped me lynch MadDog based on a hunch.

Neutral

Mortis Chairdriver

(Night Power) At night, PM me a target. You will kill them using your powers.

(Ability) If you find your sister, something special might happen

Magneto Zell

(Ability) You have supreme control over magnetic fields and can sense shifts in them. When more than 1 person would target you at night, all their attempts fail.

(Ability) People don't trust you at all. You have 50% chance of appearing as mafia.

This is a role I really hated after the game got going. I thought it could be interesting but it felt so pointless in the end, and I should have made it so he could do something. No one even targeted him. Sorry Zell!

The Reavers / Mafia

Lady Deathstrike Coolness Bears (Mafia Don)

(Day Power) During the day, when someone has half or more votes needed to reach a majority for a lynch, you may PM me saying you wish to execute them. The player will die instantly. You can only do this once.

Pretty Boy Jayseven

(Night Power) You may choose a target at night. You will use you optic impants to write over their personality so that they act and appear like Mafia to others for the night.

Skullbuster MadDog

(Night Power) Choose a target at night. You will kidnap said target, rendering them silent/not present during the following day phase.

Bomebreaker Jonnas

(Night Power) Choose a target at night. You attack them full-force with your missiles and tank-tread-legs, rendering them unconcious for night phase, unable to complete any night actions the might have planned.

Donald Pierce Ellmeister

(Ability) If you are killed, you blow up and the person who killed you, or who cast the deciding vote in your lynching, is killed in the blast as well.

SECRET ABILITY (Not known to the rest of the Mafia)

(Special Ability - Usurper) If you choose to, at any point during the game (Night or Day), you may PM me saying you wish to kill Coolness_Bears/Lady Deathstrike. You will then become Don of the Mafia, and gain new powers/abilities.

---

Think that's everyone. As you can see there were things I set up that never came to fruition sadly, like Donald Pierce vs. Deathstrike, Psylocke and Arachangel's X-Force power...etc.

Anyway, thanks for playing, even if it was a bit of a dull game - there was a good number of you who played it through diligently. :bouncy:

Urgh... I still can't believe how unlucky the mafiosos were :(

Ellmeister is found out on the very first night, Jayseven commits the biggest fail ever, the mafia killer gets redirected to me, and MadDog is lynched on pure instinct. Finding out Coolness was just easy after all that.

And I ended up confirming chairdriver (and some others, I think) as innocent because of our bad luck. That was just salt in the wound.