NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man

It's ridiculous to be making links to Twilight' date=' his hair wasn't too dissimilar to that before he began work on Spider-Man.[/quote']

Exactly.

This film is the nuts. Everyone stop shitting yourself.

Also;

polls_edward_450x419_1836_352006_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

(Stupid "cool" hair)

andrew-garfield-emma-stone-spidey-gwen.jpg

(Scruffy nerd hair ~cool~) :p

Edited by ReZourceman

Question:

The original Spiderman movie was going to have an ending involving a giant web and the Twin Towers. Since 9-11meant for a script rewrite, did you think the ending of Spiderman 3 (Giant Web @ Construction site) was similar to what they wanted to do with Spiderman one ending?

Spider-Man is quite fucking terrible really. Basically. Spider-Man 2 shits on it so so so so so fucking hard.

The WTC scene was (AFAIA) simply a small scene in the movie and definitely not part of the ending. It was Spidey catching a falling helicopter in a web between the two towers. So it is unlikely that it influenced the third movie.

Also the scene was actually completed/done/filmed whatever, and simply cut out. (Again...as far as I am aware)

lol at how that trailer actually looks like a TV advert now!

Whenever I see the Spiderman movies nowadays, I don't think the effects hold up all that well at all really. Even all the sand scenes and Spideys web swinging round the city in Spiderman 3 looks a bit dated... as do quite a lot of the general scenes like the restaurant proposal.

Edited by Retro_Link

How has that been out for 9 years and I didn't even realise it......

I don't think the effects hold up all that well at all really. Even all the sand scenes and Spideys web swinging round the city in Spiderman 3 looks a bit dated... as do quite a lot of the general scenes like the restaurant proposal.

And the bit with Goblin at the parade in the smoke...lloookkss...so so so terrible.

It's funny how hard CGI dates like it does. Even LOTR looks a bit shonkey nowadays.

Films that use it to enhance rather than replicate generally do far better. Scott Pilgrim, for example, is a film that uses a lot of CGI but I don't see it looking dated in a few years time because, fundamentally, the footage is actually on film too.

Similarly, old Sci-Fi like Alien still look amazing because the special effects are solid and believable. Anything they couldn't do flat out, they replaced with canny camera work and shadows. If you watch Aliens now, it's amazing how well they create the sense of a swarm without actually showing all that many xenomorphs on screen- those that they do are often shown in cut shots where it's basically an animatronic head, then a cut.

Films that use it to enhance rather than replicate generally do far better.

Jurassic Park is probably the only exception - the CGI in that still fits in with the look of the film and often doesn't look like CGI (in my eyes, anyway).

I think Transformers 1, and Iron Man will still hold up incredibly well in the future... they seem to be at some sort of peak. Everything seems so flawlessly integrated in those two films especially... maybe it's something to do with metal?

Mind you, Iron Man is perhaps more of an enhancement, given that the suits/robots actually exist... as do scale models of the Transformers actually, and being able to use parts of real vehicles.

Yeah it's the things purely created in CGI that date badly, like the Ents etc... in LOTR, Sandman in Spiderman...

Yep, Jurassic Park is a good example of where some things created purely in CGI have held up incredibly well.

Edited by Retro_Link

That's what I mean- to some extent that's actually RDR standing there, being Tony Stark in this big ol' suit. Not always, but I think they integrate it really well.

Yeah it's the things purely created in CGI that date badly, like the Ents etc... in LOTR, Sandman in Spiderman...

They actually created a life-size, animatronic version of Treebeard for the Two Towers though, so it wasn't purely CGI. Personally, I think LOTR's CGI still stands up as a fantastic achievement!

It's stuff like the CGI Jabba in the re-done Star Wars Episode IV, and Yoda in Episodes II and III that looks somewhat shoddy and unbelievable. It just looks shoe-horned over the original footage.

It's stuff like the CGI Jabba in the re-done Star Wars Episode IV, and Yoda in Episodes II and III that looks somewhat shoddy and unbelievable. It just looks shoe-horned over the original footage.

Well it was in the case of Jabba, he was originally human, a short fat guy.

FordandMulholland.jpg

They just used a really bad model of him - one that looks like they tried to give him lots of unnecessary detail.

I can't put my finger on it, but something looks wrong about it. It may be that it looks like it's made out of a fairly thick PVC material (and not a thin Lycra), or that there's way too much fake detail in it.

I'll be interested to see a cleaner version of it so we can see more detail. There does seem to be a bit too much blue on the sides but im sure thats something that'll just become normal for me over time. Of course the main thing I want to see at the moment is the mask to see which way theyve gone with it.

The odd thing that Cube can't place is probably the lack of red belt area. Also the gloves look a bit odd and it's still not doing anything for the whole "how does he make this himself?" question.

But it does look pretty cool :)

The odd thing that Cube can't place is probably the lack of red belt area. Also the gloves look a bit odd and it's still not doing anything for the whole "how does he make this himself?" question.

But it does look pretty cool :)

Well originally he can get it from the Wrestling promoters, its the later or spare suits that dont make sense.

At least in Ultimate Spider-Man they deal with that fact. IIRC when his only costume (that as Happ said he got given and then modified slightly) gets ripped/damaged, he phones up the Wrestling Promoters pretending to be from a toy company in a really shite scheme to get them to give him another costume. Eventually Mary Jane ends up making the costumes and restitching them.

At least I think that's how it goes.

At least in Ultimate Spider-Man they deal with that fact. IIRC when his only costume (that as Happ said he got given and then modified slightly) gets ripped/damaged, he phones up the Wrestling Promoters pretending to be from a toy company in a really shite scheme to get them to give him another costume. Eventually Mary Jane ends up making the costumes and restitching them.

At least I think that's how it goes.

Yeah I was going to mention that but of course it doesnt really work just having someone repair or make a new one when its made like this one seems to be.

Yeah. But then again I'd prefer the suit looked "good" on film, and just suspend my disbelief. We are watching Spider-Man after all. :bouncy:

Looks pretty stylish. You can feel they're trying to distance themselves from the first trilogy. I'm as intrigued as ever.

What we need now is for a sequel to be made in which this costume is used:

760374-sm06_super.jpg

But everything else seems normal until the very end where we find out it was Ben Reilly for the entire movie.

I love the Ben Reilly costume. :heart:

Let's take a short moment to appreciate it. One of the few keepers from the "90's costume revamp" every hero seemed to get.

SensationalSpider-Man47.png

SensationalSpider-Man34.gif

And it's arguably more famous as Spider-Girl's costume:

1-13.jpg

I love "Stunning".

I actually like the "new" costume, because, yes, it reminds me of the cooler Ben Reilly version.

Also, I liked the Scarlet Spider-costume:

ScarletLong.gif

Maybe it's because of the utility belt...