NEurope
lostmario

Cartoon intros from back in the day

What was that TV show where the kids had to gradually make their way through the tower, to the top room where they had to look for a key. It had like...a giant bowl of cereal tasks and shit? Y'all know what that was?

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

What was that TV show where the kids had to gradually make their way through the tower, to the top room where they had to look for a key. It had like...a giant bowl of cereal tasks and shit? Y'all know what that was?

Finders Keepers?

Finders Keepers?

Nah not Finders Keepers. Similar ending though. They worked their way up a tower. I watched an entire episode of Finders Keepers earlier, (reminded by Shorty)

Check out Neil Buchanans gag at 0:45

Nah not Finders Keepers. Similar ending though. They worked their way up a tower. I watched an entire episode of Finders Keepers earlier, (reminded by Shorty)

Check out Neil Buchanans gag at 0:45

"If that's real and fresh, my name's Des O'Connor."

They just don't write jokes like that any more.

Also included the Darth Vader style chess board!

Edited by Retro_Link

Sounds a little like Knightmare.

some of my personal fave intros that havent been mentioned yet.. Ill ignore the cartoon part :)

remember this show?

one of my fave cartoon intros.. seriously you'll never get it out of your head

not a show but does animated movie intros get better than this?

seriously genius :)

Edited by mcj metroid

Some more nostalgia. And this one, even though it is fairly modern was ruined when they changed it.

Edited by Jimbob

Many many moons ago, I saw a few episodes of a cartoon. The intro had small animals living in a forest, and a general theme was magic/wizardry. The intro music was, or was similar to, Vangelis' Chariots of Fire.

I have given up on ever, ever remembering or discovering what this cartoon was.

It was never as good as Pokemon, and most of the battles were just people talking and activating trap cards, but fuck me what an intro:

It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d- DUEL! Sick.

Oooooooooooooooh Yeah. Loved this shit when I was young. Anyone else? :bouncy:

Edited by Ellmeister

So ... much ... nostalgia! I give up commenting on it all as there's just so much greatness in here!

I don't think I've ever heard you swear before, Dannyboy!

Really? I'm no angel when it comes to language use. :heh:

Absolutely brilliant thread!

Gargoyles

Mighty Ducks

Mega Man (german intro - i like the music there better)

Godzilla

Scooby Doo

OMG I've just found two of the cartoons from my early early childhood that I've been trying to remember and find my entire life!!...

...The final ending to this cartoon was so upsetting!

Nostalgic as I am, I can't resist such a thread.

Mysterious Cities of Gold and Jayce and the Wheeled warriors were my 2 favourite cartoons (next to the obvious transformers), but I watched a lot of stuff of course. Those 2 were already posted though.

It's also funny, you can make a fair guess of a person's age judging by his choices :D. There's plenty stuff here that may be good, but I wouldn't consider classic (yet) or not retro at least.

It also unfortunately shows that the quality was much better back in the day, now only good stuff comes from japan, and can be hard to get..

Oh, and Voltron may be a classic, eventhough I remember little of it (I remember very little in general :D), but that intro is just shit :D. Just start already!!

Anyway, I'll add:

Macron 1

Robotech

Back in the day, Dutch kids grew up with a lot of English cartoons, but some were dubbed. Nowadays though, it's worrying to see everything dubbed, even reruns of old cartoons that once were not dubbed. Anyway, this one was dubbed back in the day, but I'll leave you with the English version.

Teddy Ruxpin

I am going to expose you to some Dutch though, for this one, there's no other way:

Alfred J(odocus) Kwak

Edit:

Thanks Retro-Link, can't believe I actually forgot "that other one Dutch cartoon".

Here's the original Dutch opening of David de Kabouter (David the Gnome as you call him). The illustrator of the book this cartoon is based on, was born in my hometown (check my location).

David de Kabouter

Also dubbed here, but I'll leave you with the Japanese version :D

Wizard of Oz

And there are plenty more.

For laughs though:

Transformers (Japanese rmx)

And in response to the Iron Man intro posted earlier (I have never even seen an Iron man cartoon..)

Iron Man classic

So this was the British version? What the fuck did you people do with it? :D

Fort Boyard can still be seen in France, and it's the only gameshow I can still watch today. It's just epic. Anyway, this is how it's supposed to sound.

Fort Boyard

Edited by Sméagol

Alfred J(odocus) Kwak

OH MY GOD! FUCK YES! Alfred Kwak (Rasmus Rap in Danish) was so amazing! :D

Fort Boyard

I remember what I think was the Danish version of this. I was way too young to watch it (a bit scared of it), but I was always fascinated by it, and the theme song is simply fucking epic! :D

not a show but does animated movie intros get better than this?

As a massive transformers fan as a kid, this movie owned all.

Especially these parts

But back on topic...

There is one animated movie intro that is better.. COBRA!!!

So this was the British version? What the fuck did you people do with it? :D

Fort Boyard can still be seen in France, and it's the only gameshow I can still watch today. It's just epic. Anyway, this is how it's supposed to sound.

Fort Boyard

Weird this was brought up because the theme Smeagol posted is the only theme I remember and I watched Fort Boyard as a kid. Melissa Messenger and Leslie Grantham was in it so I find it weird how I remember Smeagol's version and not Jimbob's remix version. Did they play both versions, only I remember Smeagol's version being played throughout the show.

...also it makes for a good theme tune to run to, haha. Another good theme tune to run to is...

...also, Finders Keepers and Fun House = WIN!

Edited by Animal

There is one animated movie intro that is better.. COBRA!!!

I have to agree here - I adore Transformers but this intro absolutely kicked/still kicks ass. It wins the thread without question. Shame the film wasn't on par with the Transformers movie though :(