Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Space and the Universe

Jimbob

More crackpot theories about Scientists lying to us about what we know/are told about the Earth.

Though this one seems to have had more thought put into it that the "Flat Earthists" have theirs :heh:

Though I thought it was shown and proved that India was once part of Antartica or something and broke off millions of years ago and joined up with Asia and the forces created there is what helped make Everest as big as it is... and in this guys "idea" India didn't move :heh:

Edited by Mokong

The Higg-Boson aka God Particle has been found...... and nobody posted about it here?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/07/120704-god-particle-higgs-boson-new-cern-science/

Can we make FTL drives now? Otherwise, sure it's big news and the greatest revelation that has happened in recent times, but I really don't care that much. Isn't it a basically a matter of(pun not intended) of the last guy found in hide and seek?

Edited by Tales

Can we make FTL drives now? Otherwise, sure it's big news and the greatest revelation that has happened in recent times, but I really don't care that much. Isn't it a basically a matter of(pun not intended) of the last guy found in hide and seek?

It's a big thing for physicists, as it's what gives everything mass. However, there are no real world implications for it.

Not until we can make a field that can have an effect on the particle in order to change the mass of something.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Sweet, and if fully functional and produced for future space-exploration, it would finally be able to prove if there is life outside of this solar system.

Sure after performing the first successful warp "flight" in space wouldn't the "aliens" pick up the activity and come here to make First Contact :heh:

Reading that article, which sounded like a manual written for a spaceship in a cheesy sci-fi show, and knowing it was real, genuine science, filled me with a geeky joy I can't quite put into words.

I actually heard about that theory first on Futurama.

"The engine doesn't move the ship, it causes the universe to move around it!

I had the idea during a dream, but then forgot about it in another dream."

To think that it was actually true...

I actually heard about that theory first on Futurama.

"The engine doesn't move the ship, it causes the universe to move around it!

I had the idea during a dream, but then forgot about it in another dream."

To think that it was actually true...

That was my first thought as well. It was the episode where he made a younger clone of himself or something.