Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Last night I punched my girlfriend in the head

Wesley

Fantastic thread I have to say.

I think that I'm a pretty boring sleeper, from what I can tell. But, there was one time where I dreamed that I just kept spitting, for some reason. That morning I woke up to a pillow full of spit...ugh ¬_¬

My girlfriend talks rubbish sometimes, and often laughs. I like to string the conversation out as long as possible, so if she laughs I say 'whats up?' and she'll tell me something completely ridiculous, so I ask where she is and stuff. She starts mumbling after a while, so I say 'what?' and she gets annoyed with me, accuses me of not knowing what she's talking about. I usually press the point and she gets really annoyed, calls me an idiot for not understanding why the horse is on the roof... then regains enough consciousness to realise what she's saying and tells me to shut up and let her sleep.

You probably have to be there.

I have a weird, almost panic attack thing in my sleep occassionally.

I find it really hard to explain, all I know is that its something to do with really big numbers and I start freaking out because there is too many or something like that. Its possible that the numbers are an amount of people and I have to do something with them but I can never remember.

Anyway I usually end up downstairs sitting somewhere until I calm down. Im partially awake for most of it but obviously not enough to remember what its all about.

I used to get this dream all the time!

I could acctually feel my teeth coming out as well which was scary and very sore, I'd wake up with very sore teeth :/

that means you're grinding your teeth while you sleep...

Get to the dentist!

I had to get a bite guard fitted to stop me from doing it because i've destroyed about 3 fillings

--

dreams I have usually involve pain.. the ones I remember anyway. I dream about smashing walls with my knuckles after i've had a drink or two, because alcohol really aggravates the arthritis in my hands... I'm very much externally affected with my dreams

Edited by Raining_again

I don't have problems when sleeping but when I am trying to wake up. Sometimes when I am asleep in an uncomfortable position, I will wake up but my body won't. I am unable to open my eyes or move. I have to slowly work myself into moving again to get out of the painful position but moving is very difficult. I try to give up and go back to sleep but the pain is quite large. It is however a rare occurrence and so I have not looked into it. The first time it happened was very scary as I tried to scream for help but only let out a quiet sigh.

Agh sleep paralysis!

A relative suffers from that and also hallucinations while in that state.

He's woken up, unable to move and had to watch an old woman come into his bedroom and slowly crawl up on the bed from his feet to his chest.

Terrifying.

I'd definitely rather be punched in the head.

I'm a pretty silent and still sleeper according to the missus.

Her on the other hand.... She talks in her sleep a lot. I have full conversations with her sometimes and in the morning she remembers nothing. Other times it's just random things blurted out. I believe she is dreaming and gets a bit too animated as sometimes its things like "yeah lets go over there" and "haha yeah I agree". I filmed her once as she didn't believe me.

I do of course make stuff up too and tell her shes been saying stuff when she hasn't just for the morning lols.

I have a weird, almost panic attack thing in my sleep occassionally.

I find it really hard to explain, all I know is that its something to do with really big numbers and I start freaking out because there is too many or something like that. Its possible that the numbers are an amount of people and I have to do something with them but I can never remember.

Anyway I usually end up downstairs sitting somewhere until I calm down. Im partially awake for most of it but obviously not enough to remember what its all about.

I used to get that a lot - very rarely these days. Very surreal experience, like my head can't stop counting numbers really fast, and every object has a value and the number just keeps going up and up and... Aaah!

Man, you guys are all mental.

I have no sleep issues.

Except, kinda related ... when I am going to sleep if I lie on my left side I become aware of my heart beating and it feels like it is going to stop, or that it is under pressure of some sort. So I can't sleep on my left side, and that sucks. The first time it happened I sat upright in bed and shouted "my heart has stopped!" Freaked the wife out a bit, but it wasn't a talking in my sleep thing, it was actual fear.

I think I used to talk in my sleep, now I don't think I do. I remember sleeping with a girl once who used to talk and shit in her sleep, that took me a while to get used to, cos I'd be half asleep and so confused, not possibly thinking she was sleep talking but most definitely talking to me. All I've been reported to do is snore a bit these days.

I also urge you all to check out this blog/site, you may have heard of it. It's called Sleep Talkin' Man, and about a guy who sleeptalks, and his wife records it, and blogs every day with something he's done, usually audio clips included, pretty funny shit sometimes;

http://sleeptalkinman.blogspot.com/

Eh Dyson, you don't wanna get another Jayseven scenario on your hands.

Jim actually punched/hit me two or three times during his sleep this week. It hurt. =(

During one night he also laughed out loud and had a super silly smile on his face. It made me burst out laughing. =P

As for me, not much to report. I've been told by my ex I sometimes grind my teeth, which would explain why on some mornings I wake up with my jaws feeling like I've been clenching them for ages (lots of pressure on my teeth, ouch).

And sometimes I might say something during my sleep, but it's quite rare, and it usually wakes me up too.