NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

Love the look Black Widow gives Hawkeye in that....you can just imagine what he's just said. :D

I think I finally worked out what Tony says to Thor....at the end...because I don't think I've mentioned it on here, so you lot probably already know and I'm in the minority, but he comments on his swing, something like "You must have a mean swing".

I thought it was obvious that he was saying he must have a mean swing? Commenting on the size of his arms.

Yeah I just couldn't hear it clearly at all. It is obvious though, I'm just a fool/moron.

I actually was talking more about you saying you were in the minority. Who is this stupid majority? :p

I think ReZ meant that he was in the minority that didn't get it - until now, that is.

Meanwhile, I'm getting a bit hyped for this. I probably should watch the other Avenger films - so far I've only seen the Iron Man films.

I think ReZ meant that he was in the minority that didn't get it - until now, that is.

Meanwhile, I'm getting a bit hyped for this. I probably should watch the other Avenger films - so far I've only seen the Iron Man films.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh Danny, Danny, Danny!

Right my friend. What you need to do is have a superhero weekend.

Grab the Blu-Rays for Incredible Hulk (good but the weakest.) Thor (absolutely amazing, on par with Iron Man) Captain America (cinema you could do that now!) and then Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Doooo eeeetttt.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh Danny, Danny, Danny!

Right my friend. What you need to do is have a superhero weekend.

Grab the Blu-Rays for Incredible Hulk (good but the weakest.) Thor (absolutely amazing, on par with Iron Man) Captain America (cinema you could do that now!) and then Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Doooo eeeetttt.

I just knew you'd react that way. :p

Funtimes! Lets have some Avengers stills!

Captain America - is this the first time we've seen the present day get up? Looks cool

53476.jpg

Thor This is new too, right? Looks more like his Ultimates get up than in the Thor movie.

53478.jpg

Bruce Banner...not Hulk

53477.jpg

Black Widow and Hawkeye. Kind of. Again, looks like Widow gets A) a trim and B) a new get up. She wore navy blue (classic S.H.I.E.L.D outfit) in Iron Man 2 but this looks more like her actual Black Widow costume.

53479.jpg

Hawkeye in person, if not in costume.

53480.jpg

Fury on what I'm willing to bet is the Helicarrier bridge.

53481.jpg

And of course Tony Stark

53482.jpg

I'm betting that Hulk and Iron Man shots are out because they'll be done in post, but it's nice to see the rest of the team.

I'm... a little disappointed the Hulk doesn't have a hairy chest. :P Mark Ruffalo said he wasn't going to shave his chest for the role, so it appears than when he transforms it just all falls off and then grows back again when he's back.

I THINK ABOUT THESE THINGS!

body hair is often mutated by gamma transformation. Red Hulk's identity was a secret for ages when he was introduced it turned out to be General Ross all along, his identity hidden by the sudden loss of an impressive soup strainer of a tache upon transformation.

I genuinely wasn't expecting there to be an answer to that comment, but I'm impressed and satisfied.

Clip of the Avengers trailer and the end of Captain America (not really a spoiler)

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810026349/video/26092350

Just watched that so I could pause and play to see things clearer as it flashed so fast in the cinema... while pausing and getting a good look at Caps new costume in this.... does anyone else think it looks like a step backwards in comparision to what he had in his own film?

Anyone know if they'll be releasing the full cinematic teaser? There's a bunch of other bits in that, like Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill.

Saw this on Saturday night and it was great stuff. I've not seen the Edward Norton Hulk film, Iron Man 2 nor Thor but Captain America is a great comic book film in its own right and a great set up for The Avengers. I wasn't sure about Chris Evans beforehand but he plays Steve Rogers in such a respectable, down to earth manner. :smile:

Pity he missed his date.

I really want them to address the point that Cap and Human Torch are weird clones of each other at some point.

Agent Coulson Short... 'The Consultant'

Thought to be the conversation that sets up Tony Starks meeting at the end of The Incredible Hulk... the last in the timeline...

With Edward Norton not reprising the role, I just presumed they'd kinda just erased The Incredible Hulk from this set of films, passed it off as a bit of a wrong turn... but seems not.

Anyway, Marvel just continue to impress me... Captain America was just so great!! I don't think anyone would have thought they'd have made such a flawless series of films, all with such incredible perfect casting, and linking them/the mythology all together so brilliantly! SO GOOD!!

The teaser trailer for The Avengers was just incredible!!

The only thing worrying me is the enemy they'll choose for the film. I was all keen for Loki/Hulk, but with Loki appearing to be in custody during the trailer... it makes me think there's something else out there... and that has me nervous as to their choice!

Edited by Retro_Link

I should have absolute faith in them, given how amazing everything has been up until now... I just want to LOVE it!!

Also, do we think the very end scene of this 'not even the full teaser'... is Thor battling Hulk?... Looks to be in a forest, with a trail of destruction...

You also get another look at Caps uniform when he's sat at the table.

Mildly associated and I only found out yesterday;

(The new Super Hero LEGO) there are three Marvel franchises, Spider-Man classic, X-Men classic and The Avengers movie. Confirmed Avengers figures are; (Nick Fury, listed as part of X-Men classic range though....mistake or just 616 Fury), Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye. :D

And yeah I.....I don't understand how Iron Man, Cap and Thor are all SO amazing. I especially can't believe that Thor might be...my favourite. I dunno. I do adore Iron Man. They're all so good quality. Amazing.