NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

I can't find a link to the leaked trailer (i managed to watch a bad quality version before it was taken down) for this but for those that are interested here is a text transcipt of what the trailers shows.

It starts out with Captain America punching a punching bag until it flies off into a wall, and then enters Nick Fury. They briefly talked about a mission and that they needed to get ready, but they never explained what the mission was. And then it happened. As the music kicked in, scenes of SHEILD, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), & Loki were shown!! It showed a hell of a lot of action! Thor had a brief costume change, just no chainmail under armor and his hair was a bit longer. Iron Man was shown in what looked like the Mark VI or maybe a new Mark VII armor!! I don't recall who was fighting who or what, but it was a lot of kick-assery!! And at the end of it all, Thor threw Minjor and then it flashed... The Avengers!

Well at first there was the Avengers themselves in what looked to be a meeting room, Thor was leaning against wall with arms crossed and Cap was sitting down, as Tony Stark and Nick Fury were most likely talking about the mission that was discussed earlier with Cap and Fury and also a shot of Bruce Banner. The action scenes were confusing but from what I remember, scenes with Iron Man flying in the air, and Hawkeye shooting an arrow, along with some explosions and Black Widow kicking ass. As for Captain America only his shield and part of his Costume was shown, so I wasn't able to tell what suit he appeared in. The last part was in a forest, Iron Man and Thor fighting, but I couldn't tell if it was against each other or someone or something else. And then, Thor threw his hammer, similar to the way he threw it at the Frost Giants, and then flashed "The Avengers, coming May 2012"

They aren't showing up but I made this - awesome.

vengers.jpg

Don't ask me why Iron Man doesn't connect to Cap - is a poster missing? Hulk maybe?

A-MAZ-ING!! :D

What's that flying ship behind Furry et. al.? *hopes it's not a flying base*

Oh man that's a bit lame!

That's an extremely comic book concept for films they've so far managed to ground somewhat.

And what, other than Thor and Iron Man, everyone has to take a helicopter up there to reach it?!

Well it looks like Black Widow will be taking a plane
Ok planes too :p

Actually that plane looks quite cool, and although I've barely let myself watch Captain America stuff, there is that cool looking plane in that...

... just an air base feels very Captain Scarlet!... futuristic[but not really a good futuristic]/difficult to see happening.

The Helicarrier is *very* sixties. I'm guessing it came about in the Nick Fury series which was basically Marvel doing far out Bond action with Fury. The ship there Looks more like the one in Secret Avengers, which is a kind of baby carrier / jet version. Makes more sense for a number of reasons:

- S.H.I.E.L.D in the movies is more like Marvel's CIA than the organisation in the books, so them suddenly being based in a giant flying boat is kind of out of the question at this point

- It looks cooler anyway

- S.H.I.E.L.D being based on a flying ship might make no sense, but The Avengers fit the bill. A smaller ship run by Maria Hill, a small number of S.H.I.E.L.D agents and so on is a cool mobile HQ that also works like the classic Quinjet the Avengers traditionally use to travel around.

Asgard on the other hand is totally believable :p
haha yeah I knew someone would pick me up on that. :p

But I don't mind believing in other worlds and their tech, because for all we know, that stuff could be out there/anythings possible.

But when it comes to Earth folk building a hovering air base... after no real indication of where this has/the tech for this has suddenly come from (considering Tony Stark only just got the arc reactor sorted a couple of years ago).

EDIT:

Yeah I like it more looking at it alongside the Jet also shown... didn't really think previously how Avengers such as Black Widow/Hawkeye got around.

Edited by Retro_Link

I dont know actually. In the first Iron Man Tony has a lot of futuristic tech already so its certainly possible that the Helicarrier could have been around for a while.

The Helicarrier is *very* sixties. I'm guessing it came about in the Nick Fury series which was basically Marvel doing far out Bond action with Fury. The ship there Looks more like the one in Secret Avengers, which is a kind of baby carrier / jet version. Makes more sense for a number of reasons:

But in that wide image, each person/group has a related image behind them, Iron Man has his origins, Hulk has Bruce, Thor has Odin, Cap has Skull/WW2, so Shield has...

Oh it's definitely S.H.I.E.L.D, but what I mean is that rather than having the entire organisation on a giant carrier like in the books it'll be a smaller ship used by agents like Widow and Hawkeye, and then by The Avengers themselves.

Just deal witha Helicarrier when you're watching a film about Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, and a super-soldier who survived WWII in suspended animation...

I know it's weird but sometimes your suspension of disbelief picks up on weird stuff. For me, S.H.I.E.L.D are too different in the movies for them to pull it off. So far they've been in SUV's, so they can't suddenly turn up in a Helicarrier.

Well perhaps. I'd rather see the Triskelion as their base, but then a helicarrier has more of the wow-factor/action film factor.

I know it's weird but sometimes your suspension of disbelief picks up on weird stuff. For me, S.H.I.E.L.D are too different in the movies for them to pull it off. So far they've been in SUV's, so they can't suddenly turn up in a Helicarrier.
Yeah this is the thing.

Everything we've seen so far suggested they'd have a hanger/underground bunker style setup [very hidden/special forces/military]... and now a huge flying airship has come out of no where!

Well perhaps. I'd rather see the Triskelion as their base, but then a helicarrier has more of the wow-factor/action film factor.

if it's in, it'll crash. It always does :heh: