NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

There's definitely ways of doing the Skrull. For one thing, they could look less like this:

ff2.jpg&w=

...And more like this :

secret-invasion-revelations-part-five-20080515081455593.jpg

'Avengers' movie to feature Thanos?

Marvel's superhero team-up The Avengers is to feature the villain Thanos, a report has suggested.

According to Latino Review, the Titan and avatar of Death is to appear alongside Loki as one of the movie's antagonists.

"Now I'm not going to spoil how he is in the movie, but trust me when we tell you that he is in there," the report stated. "If you think about it, it is also kind of obvious."

Marvel has previously hinted that Thanos will be introduced into its movie universe. At last year's Comic-Con International, the studio brought along a prop of the character's Infinity Gauntlet. The item was also seen briefly in an Asgardian Vault in Thor.

Previous rumours have suggested that the superhero team will square off against the alien race known as Skrulls in the film.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a321925/avengers-movie-to-feature-thanos.html

My first thought when seeing that was that it would be an Infinity Gauntlet related post credits scene too. I'm so......jizzy.....excited about this movie. It literally....is too stressful to even think about it.

Looks awesome. But for me it just doesn't feel right without Spidey.

I think its much better without Spider-man. Given the decades the Avengers has been around in comics, Spider-Man has only been a part of that for a small section.

My only question would be why is Iron man still in his old costume. I also know Captain America's costume is different but as hes supposed to be getting an updated one I guess we could assume this is it.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/117/1175891p1.html

Favreau on his willingness to help out incoming director Shane Black on the threequel now that he's off the project: "Hopefully I can be helpful because I want to see this thing grow and transform. And actually, when it finally landed on Shane, it was like, 'All right, that's gonna be something interesting.' Especially because it's gonna be so difficult for whoever does that one because although it's Iron Man 3, the whole Avengers thing… I guess in comics you can say that it's an individual storyline and you can break it off into a group. But in movies, it's hard not to take into consideration what just happened. What are you gonna say? 'They all just lost their cell phones and you can't get help?' So it's going to take a lot of ingenuity to make it make sense to a mainstream film audience as well as a comic book audience.

Downey Jr. on the currently shooting Avengers: "Well, I hate everybody. [Audience laughs] I'm not talking about the cast, I'm not talking about Joss. What I mean is I tend to look at a scene and say, 'This is absolutely impossible, we can't shoot this, it's horrible. I can tell you 10 other movies it's been in, I refuse.' I usually start off the morning by refusing to do what I've signed on to do. So I brought that attitude, happily. I just thought, 'How are you gonna put all of us clowns together? He's wearing a suit, he's all jacked up, he's so and so and poor Mark Ruffalo, he's gonna outdo us.' And we're about six weeks in and I have to say Joss Whedon is nailing it. He's so smart and so good. And it's gonna be great. I can't believe I just said it, I never could've believed this but it's gonna be great."

Bit confused by Downey Jnr's comments, but they ended well, so...! :D

Bit confused by Downey Jnr's comments, but they ended well, so...! :D

I think his main point is that he was extremely sceptical about the whole thing, but that he's pleasantly surprised to see that it actually works. :)

I think his main point is that he was extremely sceptical about the whole thing, but that he's pleasantly surprised to see that it actually works. :)
I didn't get this bit...
can tell you 10 other movies it's been in,
He makes it sound like it just rehashes scenes from other movies... but then he ends by saying how great it's going.

I didn't get this bit... He makes it sound like it just rehashes scenes from other movies... but then he ends by saying how great it's going.

Well, I think you're better off not trying to understand everything Downey, Jr says. :p

Well, I think you're better off not trying to understand everything Downey, Jr says. :p
yeah probably best! :p

My only question would be why is Iron man still in his old costume. I also know Captain America's costume is different but as hes supposed to be getting an updated one I guess we could assume this is it.
Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed!

If that's the modern outfit they're going for, it looks great!

What's the source for this poster, anyhoo? As great as it is, it's unusual to get promo illustrations of upcoming movies, even comic book movies. Could just be some (awesome) fanart?

Its typical of the style of posters that usually get revealed just for promo at conventions.

Eh...it's horrible.

Nice to have some promo art of some sort I suppose. Looks like the cover of a tie-in colouring book.

And I'm glad Black Widow will be a proper member. Was worried she wouldn't.

It's the concept, what it represents, and the info it provides more than the poster design itself!

It's the concept, what it represents, and the info it provides more than the poster design itself!

PRECISELY! Obviously it looks like shit, but this is....THIS IS THE FUCKING LINE UP! AND HAWKEYE!