NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

How do we think Hawkeye will be added into the movie then? Im thinking they'll take the Ultimates route and make him a black ops marksman, maybe former olympic athlete but im not sure about that.

They should do it the Ultimate way, and just have him the same thing as Black Widow in the Movieverse, a special agent of SHIELD.

However they do it, I don't think they'll spend any time introducing him... just have him there and don't draw any attention to it. Being the only new character in that way he should just fit right in no questions asked, and it sounds like there's a good chance he'll get his own movie anyways so all that can wait for then!

His own movie? Really? Hawkeye's not exactly ever had an interesting past/solo adventures.

And even recently, he only JUST got his own comic, and he shares top billing with his wife, Mockingbird.

I predict it'll be an Ultimate Hawkeye redo for the movie.

1078666-hawkeye_bio_super.jpg

Apparently yeah!

Maybe they should have done it as one of those 'shorts' they were talking about and have it before Captain America, but I guess now they have a pretty big actor in the role it's something they're thinking about doing...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/110/1108388p1.html

Hawkeye's Movie Future

During a SDCC roundtable tonight for Thor, Marvel Studios honcho Kevin Feige addressed the casting of Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, in The Avengers and what the cinematic future may hold for Marvel's most famous archer.

"We'd talked to Renner before about the character and it sort of floated around out there and he got nominated [for an Academy Award as Best Actor for The Hurt Locker] and he had this great success with Hurt Locker," Feige recalled.

"And then the rubber sort of hit the road and we realized we were actually going to put this character in The Avengers and we went back to see if he was still interested and he was and we were able to make a deal with him. And we hope to develop a standalone franchise for him after The Avengers."

He added, "Another reason why you go for an actor like Renner is you hope not to just cast an ensemble. It's an ensemble that you hope are rich enough and real enough and the actor can portray and embody this enough that they can crack out and carry their own film."

And that Ultimates Hawkeye story sounds a perfect way of tying him in alongside Black Widow [and Nick Fury] with no explainations needed! That's probably the reason they chose him because they are going that route.

Edited by Retro_Link

Holy shit... pleasure overload from the cast pictures... them all together is just awesome.

I'm a sneaky fan of Marvel, have read a few comics in my time. So an Avenger's movie with Joss Whedon as director, well that can only be good.

That video actually made me a little bit excited! More than I was before.

Inspiring press conference, cannot wait, I can't even wait for Thor let alone the Avengers!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/110/1108786p1.html

Longoria on Wasp Buzz

Q: We keep hearing about you playing The Wasp.

Eva Longoria: I keep hearing about that, too! I think it's an Internet rumor as of now.

Q: Are you interested?

Longoria: I love comic stuff. I do! I think it's fun. I don't know anything about that character, that's the thing. So I don't know what that would be. ... But yeah, I had taken a meeting about a different movie at Marvel and that's where the rumor started. Someone saw me when I was walking out and thought I was meeting for that. But I think it's a fantastic rumor! I'm just gonna go with it!

So if what she says is true, there's nothing to this rumour.

Yeah, clearly she's not Wasp. I think they would have announced Wasp's inclusion in any case. I'm just suprised cause so far the Avengers doesn't have a Whedon-esque heroine at all. No Buffy or Kitty Pryde's here.

Might Wasp still appear?

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/112/1128422p1.html

V/Firefly's Baccarin Addresses Avengers Rumor

Will Joss cast Inara as his Janet van Dyne?

While speaking to AccessHollywood, V and Firefly's gorgeous Morena Baccarin responded to the rumors (seen shopping for Avengers back-issues at comic shop) that her one time guru, Joss Whedon, might cast her as Janet van Dyne, a.k.a. The Wasp in his upcoming Avengers movie.

"I wish I had more information for you," Baccarin admitted. "All I will say is I will never turn down an opportunity to work with him. He's one of my favorite people in the world."

So this wasn't a confirmation or denial, but you have to admit she looks the part, dammit! Let's hope that Joss goes to the bountiful actor well here and casts some of his former favorites.

the-avengers-2012-20101015041537923-000.jpg

Hmm... fecked already?

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1132599p1.html

The Avengers: Earth's Stingiest Heroes?

Pre-production reportedly stalled due to budget crunching.

A new report claims that Marvel Studios is looking to rein in costs on their Avengers movie.

According to Bleeding Cool, "certain people are saying Marvel are demanding they get it all done on the relative cheap. For something not far off what Sony paid to make their first Spider-Man film (at least in real terms)."

This is a film that will see stars like Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson among its cast, and will shoot in the not inexpensive state of New York. It's reasonable then to expect Marvel to want to watch the bottom line on the film, but Bleeding Cool claims that the budget crunching has already led to people exiting the film: "As a result of such staff changes, pre-production has been delayed weeks – possibly months. Hopefully this won't affect filming schedule and the SFX."

Short of its release date getting pushed, The Avengers is slated to begin filming next spring for a May 4, 2012 release.

If there was one superhero movie you wouldn't want to hear about budget cuts on it's arguably this one... where they should be going absolutely all out!

Marvel are idiots, more proof.

Example;

About four weeks ago DC announced they were reducing all $3.99 comics down to $2.99 (they don't have many at that price anyway) an hour later Marvel announced that starting in January they would be reducing the price of all debut comics to $2.99, so no new comic would be released at $3.99.

About two weeks ago the January Solicitations were released and there were about 7 new comics at $3.99 for Marvel.

So they just openly lie and are complete money grabbers. Like shamelessly...

Edited by ReZourceman

DC do always come off far more classy than Marvel, money-wise. They feel less desperate.

Recent claims for Marvel's highly-anticipated Avengers movie, has villains in common with Stan Lee's first original 'Avengers' comic. Check it Out!

While the big question regarding Joss Whedon's highly-anticipated Avengers film, is what villain would cause earth's mightiest heroes to assemble, various rumors and speculations had the original God of Mischief & Jade Giant in mind. Well a more-recent allegation has made the rumor more of a possibility.

Gregory Littley, who revealed that the first official THOR teaser would debut via Yahoo, says verbatim:

The Hulk will be a villain in #Avengers... but the main baddie is Loki.

As mentioned, theres been heavy speculation of the two villainizing, simply because they did so in the original "Avengers' comic. However, most of that speculation originated from the devious replies in the actors behind Loki and Hulk, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Ruffalo when questioned whether it was true.

While Gregory states theres more details to come, for now, take this with a grain of salt. I can definitely see them respecting the first comic using the original plot of Loki taking over Hulk in some form or way in the film, though not as the main threat. If true, I'm sure theres a twist, or simply more villains involved. Though that's quite a lot to deal with, what do you think?

Starring Robert Downey Jr., Samuel l. Jackson, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, and Clark Gregg, The Avengers assembles May 4, summer 2012 in 3D. And filming is set to commence early next year.

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

Does this mean that Thor will get defeated in his film? Or will there be some technoblabble on how he becomes more powerful?

Can't say I'm too excited by this really, I've read some Avengers from my dads comic book collection but was never really impressed with the early ones. I like Iron Man, so that's good, but the Hulks not really a team player, and I always thought Captain America and Thor quite dull characters. I liked it later on, when the team got more diverse, when characters like the Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Wonderman joined, I like those characters and think a film based on that period would've been better, maybe with Ultron as the villain.

Does this mean that Thor will get defeated in his film? Or will there be some technoblabble on how he becomes more powerful?

In the original Avengers story- and I mean #1 back in the day- Loki manipulates The Hulk in to going on a rampage basically for shits and giggles. He's very much a background villain most of the time so I imagine they'll be doing the same here.

Can't say I'm too excited by this really, I've read some Avengers from my dads comic book collection but was never really impressed with the early ones. I like Iron Man, so that's good, but the Hulks not really a team player, and I always thought Captain America and Thor quite dull characters. I liked it later on, when the team got more diverse, when characters like the Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Wonderman joined, I like those characters and think a film based on that period would've been better, maybe with Ultron as the villain.

I think sticking with the originals is the best way to go. The core members of the group will always be the most popular and as long as theyve got a good writer then characters who you think are boring can suddenly become awesome. Thats what happened for me with Captain America with Brubaker.

Ive said a few times that I wanted the Hulk to be a villian in this movie so im glad it seems to be happening. We should be able to get some amazing fight scenes out of that.

It'll be interesting to see what power level Thor will be shown at in this movie. He tends to drift depending on who's writing him. I wanna see him powerful but they definitely need to show the Hulk holding his own.

I think sticking with the originals is the best way to go. The core members of the group will always be the most popular and as long as theyve got a good writer then characters who you think are boring can suddenly become awesome. Thats what happened for me with Captain America with Brubaker.

Precisely. I always was like "Yeah...cool shield...but meh" and Brubaker just totally redefined him for me.